Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Sued By Former Model Who Alleges He Sexually Assaulted Her In 1989
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Sued By Former Model Who Alleges He Sexually Assaulted Her In 1989  (Read 4792 times)
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2023, 04:52:33 PM »

"It was consensual"

case closed.

weird defense anyway

The sex was consensual, not the anal.

"Case closed".

The deliberate obtuseness of many comments in here is disturbing.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2023, 05:20:58 PM »

While I doubt the allegations, I do wonder if the song Pretty Tied Up will be entered into evidence.

Izzy wrote that, and that part of the song, pretty tied up was about a madamme working as a domicatrice

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2023, 06:48:17 PM »

Here is what is wrong with the world today because now if you question the woman's stance your a victim blamer and question her motives which is not necessarily wrong because to many situations now have proven people are looking for a payout. Look at what just happened with Diddy you get all these allegations and next day oh its handled. So then you understand why its hard for women to come forward with an assault because they get questioned typically more then the one they are accusing. Im sure based on Axl's history especially at that time in his life when you hear the stories from Erin Everly's and Stephanie Seymour's of the world that im sure whatever the relationship was could have been volatile at best but doesn't mean he forced her to do anything.

Coincidentally there's more 2 about against Diddy.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2023, 08:36:31 PM »

"It was consensual"

case closed.

weird defense anyway

On her book she says that " weirdly enough" she was OK with it ( the anal sex). There are discrepancies between her initial story and what she reports in the lawsuit.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 08:43:31 PM by Natalie » Logged

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2023, 09:31:53 PM »

"It was consensual"

case closed.

weird defense anyway

On her book she says that " weirdly enough" she was OK with it ( the anal sex). There are discrepancies between her initial story and what she reports in the lawsuit.

Do you have the book? I can only find a short quote out of context, that does not refer to what she was okay with, at all

Regardless, even if she was okay with it at one point in time, that doesn't make it not assault.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2023, 11:47:43 PM »

She was interviewed in a BBC documentary in 2021 and said the following:

"We start like having sex. It was consented. I allowed it to happen and it was okay and he was fine."

"I didn't consider it rape. It was consensual. That's why i didn't go to the police."

Do you have a link for the documentary?

Go to 56 minutes and 9 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpIV9VrP6DY
Interesting to hear her talk about it. It certainly sounds like it did affect her negatively and maybe she tried to let herself believe it was ok or not a big deal for all these years. But unfortunately the timing of the lawsuit makes it seem like a last minute money grab.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2023, 12:38:13 PM »

"It was consensual"

case closed.

weird defense anyway

Do you have the book? I can only find a short quote out of context, that does not refer to what she was okay with, at all

Regardless, even if she was okay with it at one point in time, that doesn't make it not assault.

But yet she ironically files these charges the last day before statue of limitations expires im sorry it sucks that society has come to this but she should have come forward a long time ago. Hell the whole stephanie seymour situation happened not long after this supposedly happened that would have been a perfect time to come out with this to support what stephanie was claiming but no. You can't use poor life decisions by hanging around rock stars and 30 plus years later claim assault and not have it come into question.
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2023, 03:10:50 PM »

"It was consensual"

case closed.

weird defense anyway

No, someone posted the excerpt here https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/226376-axl-sued-for-sexual-assault/page/2/
I'm not saying that her story is entirely fictional, but the timeline and the discrepancies on her descriptions make me very suspicious that it is all about money.
Having experienced abuse myself it is true that sometimes it takes time for everything to sink in and talk openly about it but...34 years? On the day that the statue of limitations expire? Just because I m a woman I m not going to defend any female "victim" , especially under such circumstances.

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
cineater
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2023, 11:35:56 PM »

I still want to find some closure with this for the alleged abuser and alleged victim.  The two of them know the truth.  What do they want to do about it?  Lawyers and legal issues aside, what puts some closure between them?  Not saying what happen won't be an issue for both of them going forward but what can they do to get things thing between them to a place where they can forgive each other and themselves?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2023, 01:26:00 PM »

Coincidentally there's more 2 about against Diddy.

Don't know the guy but that sounds about right.  He settled the first one.  I like that approach, not admitting any quilt, but putting an end to it.

I always find the answer in music and a little twisting to the meaning to suit my needs.  This one works.  I can explain it but folks need to find their own answers, not mine.

If all you got to live for is what you left behind
Take yourself a powder charge and seal that silver mine
Lost my boots in transit, babe, a pile of smoking leather
I nailed a retread to my feet and prayed for better weather

Half-step, Mississippi uptown toodleloo
Hello baby, I'm gone, goodbye

cineater
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2023, 03:16:19 PM »

So I have a solution.  Something happen here.  Money ain't going to help either one to make this go away.  Frankly, it just makes her look like a whore for taking a large sum of cash for services rendered if you know what I mean.  How about an agreement a donation needs to be made to a sexual abuse victims fund?  Axl pays and she lets the money go to where it can help the issue this is all about.  Kind of like what the judge did for the Riverport riot.  A win for everybody, feel like something has been done in the right direction when you can't change the past.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2023, 04:04:13 PM »

I'm liking that solution.  Axl has to pay but it's probably money going in the direction of donations he's already making or has in his will.  And if there's a little less in Fernando's inheritance in the end, there's another thread around here that justifies that.  He gets a little salvation, maybe not what he was looking for, in the process too.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2023, 10:36:21 PM »

But yet she ironically files these charges the last day before statue of limitations expires im sorry it sucks that society has come to this but she should have come forward a long time ago. Hell the whole stephanie seymour situation happened not long after this supposedly happened that would have been a perfect time to come out with this to support what stephanie was claiming but no. You can't use poor life decisions by hanging around rock stars and 30 plus years later claim assault and not have it come into question.

Can someone explain why it would matter when she comes forward? Of course a lot of allegations are going to be published the day before it expires, because people will be scrambling to get all their legal ducks in a row, and building a case takes time. You have no idea why she didn't come forward before, so what makes you think you can say there's no reason why she couldn't have?

"Poor life decisions"? WTF is wrong with you?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2023, 10:39:32 AM »

You're going to take this the wrong way.  And initially I was going to respond the wrong way.  You've made a good life decision, leave it at that.

But how refreshing was that comment?  Some of you folks know, from experience or were smart enough not to go there, exactly what poor life decisions mean in this case.  Not to turn this into a group therapy session but did you think everybody did this sort of thing for partying and it was normal?   hihi  Keep that answer to yourself.  You get talking and say shit you regret later.  Don't judge me, I could be one of those in the smart group.   hihi

Hold on, I could have misjudged this guy too.  Could be part of that group that needs to sober up.   Huh
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 11:09:41 AM by cineater » Logged

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2023, 04:33:03 PM »

Can someone explain why it would matter when she comes forward? Of course a lot of allegations are going to be published the day before it expires, because people will be scrambling to get all their legal ducks in a row, and building a case takes time. You have no idea why she didn't come forward before, so what makes you think you can say there's no reason why she couldn't have?

Yes Extremely poor life choices so she is a model thinking like alot of others I want to experience the rock star lifestyle.  Take your head out of your A#$ if you think this nothing more then a money grab your in denial. You had the METOO movement where she could have come forward Or as i previously said when Stephanie Seymour made claims. I would love to believe that people who come forward with sexual assault claims are telling the truth but as has been proven thats not always the case and because we live in a world of guilty until proven innocent I have a big issue with these.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2023, 06:39:08 PM »

Take your head out of your A#$ if you think this nothing more then a money grab your in denial.

Mods, hello?

Wanting to be a model and hang out with famous people is not a "poor life decision". There is nothing wrong with that. The only poor decision here was Axl's decision to get fucked up when he knew he had anger issues.

You want to make all the excuses in the world why the person who behaved badly shouldn't take personal responsibility. Textbook narcissist logic.

She could not have made these charges during MeToo, because the statute of limitations was CLOSED at that time. Speaking of having heads buried in dark places...

Funny how y'all who whine and complain about "guilty until proven innocent" always seem to declare the accuser guilty of lying/gold-digging until proven innocent...

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2023, 11:12:33 AM »

Are you that triggered by me saying take your head out of your you know what. Its not me offending you its me telling you to open your eyes. You just had that girl a couple of months ago who claims she was kidnapped while seeing a baby on the side of the road you had an entire country looking for this person all for it to be a hoax. You just had Diddy pay off a woman because he doesn't want to deal with the optics of a long drawn out court battle and who knows what stories could come out from a case like that. When it comes to this and AXL I choose to believe him until proven otherwise. If he didn't do this I hope he fights it to the end don't give this person a dime. If you do settle this out of court then that will always leave the question of what happened.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2023, 09:25:06 PM »

Are you that triggered by me saying take your head out of your you know what. Its not me offending you its me telling you to open your eyes. You just had that girl a couple of months ago who claims she was kidnapped while seeing a baby on the side of the road you had an entire country looking for this person all for it to be a hoax. You just had Diddy pay off a woman because he doesn't want to deal with the optics of a long drawn out court battle and who knows what stories could come out from a case like that. When it comes to this and AXL I choose to believe him until proven otherwise. If he didn't do this I hope he fights it to the end don't give this person a dime. If you do settle this out of court then that will always leave the question of what happened.

Exposing your lack of personal responsibility and immaturity yet again. Leave the personal insults to the grade schoolers, you should know better. Talk about "poor life choices"...

Cool story, bro. Let me guess, you also think Jussie Smollett makes it okay to assume all racial incidents are hoaxes until proven otherwise. At least you're honest about your "guilty until proven innocent" attitude.

This forum needs a block feature.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2023, 05:19:26 AM »

I'd suggest Jarmo lock this topic for the time being. I know that'll end in accusations of him protecting the band, but some people are not capable of discussing the topic without becoming emotional, and the bottom line is, we probably won't ever know if she's telling the truth or not. The burden of proof in civil cases is significantly lower than in criminal matters, so even the outcome (should this make it to trial) is unlikely to sway opinions of people who have already made up their mind.

That said, it's sadly predictable that temporarily waving the statute of limitations resulted in a flood of last-minute lawsuits, despite there being advance warning of when the window would close.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2023, 12:02:27 PM »

My stance is if Axl truly feels he is innocent of these claims then he should fight it tooth and nail don't give this person a dime. If he decides to Settle out of court which i think most Celebrities find the lesser of 2 evils then it will put into question did he or didn't he. But he is Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and should be treated as such.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: