Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  January 24 2024
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: January 24 2024  (Read 4160 times)
shaundix
Opening Act

« on: January 20, 2024, 03:29:40 AM »

“something special”
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 04:14:28 AM by shaundix » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 03:38:56 AM »

Isn't the date on the thing January 24th?  (1.24.24)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 04:41:59 AM »

If it's just a vid for the General ...anti climax. Hopefully it is something special though.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 08:29:15 AM »

spe·cial
/ˈspeSH(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: special

better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

Can a music video be special? Yes it can.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 10:34:10 AM »

Isn't the date on the thing January 24th?  (1.24.24)

My bad, the American date format got the better of this English fellow.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 10:45:31 AM »

it smells like Midjourney spirit

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 12:01:23 PM »

spe·cial
/ˈspeSH(ə)l/
adjective

/jarmo

lol

You must be joking

Unless it's a music video like Estraned (which is highly unlikely, not to say impossible), there's no other kind of video that would make it special.

Perhaps it's just another video made of live montages, and they'll sell it as special.

The sad thing is some people here will buy it.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 12:50:00 PM »

Looks like that’s AI animation.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 12:56:41 PM »

Oh cool, I like their animated stuff.   Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2024, 01:54:25 PM »

it's probably something we would have to buy  hihi. But for real look forward to seeing whatever it is. And ill probably buy it lol
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 02:59:56 PM »

I would like to time travel back to this forum between 1996 and 2001 and tell people here that one day they will scoff at the idea of a brand new GNR video for a brand new GNR song.  I wouldn’t even get the chance to tell them Slash and Duff were in the band before they laughed me off the board.

Needless to say , really looking forward to the 24th. 
cineater
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 03:10:56 PM »

I would like to time travel back to this forum between 1996 and 2001 and tell people here that one day they will scoff at the idea of a brand new GNR video for a brand new GNR song.  I wouldn’t even get the chance to tell them Slash and Duff were in the band before they laughed me off the board.

I'm kind of surprised we're still here and have grown.  Can't say we didn't stand by this band.   Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2024, 04:14:12 PM »

spe·cial
/ˈspeSH(ə)l/
adjective

/jarmo

lol

You must be joking

Unless it's a music video like Estraned (which is highly unlikely, not to say impossible), there's no other kind of video that would make it special.

Perhaps it's just another video made of live montages, and they'll sell it as special.

The sad thing is some people here will buy it.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word.

"Different from what is usual". If GN'R has not made a similar video in the past, it's different isn't it? Which is the definition of special.

The sad thing is that people don't have attention spans to watch a 20 second clip and jump to conclusions.

It seems like it all relates to how fast people forget. They must have forgotten that three years ago GN'R had released Shadow Of Your Love. No other singles. And here we are, some being upset that the band is releasing music videos...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 03:01:19 AM »

Please don't speak on my behalf. I'm certainly not upset GnR are releasing videos. It's good. I like Perhaps, as a song and thought it was good there was a video to accompany it. Was it special...? No. Good not special. The General is pretty poor ( my opinion granted). Do we need a video for a not great B side, I dunno.? And look il say it again if it's a cool vid then great.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2024, 09:33:12 AM »

I was speaking in general. I've seen the comments. The band is on a break after touring between 2016 and 2023. Slash is going on tour in a week and yet some are expecting a major album and/or tour announcement.

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2024, 09:57:59 AM »

I was speaking in general. I've seen the comments. The band is on a break after touring between 2016 and 2023. Slash is going on tour in a week and yet some are expecting a major album and/or tour announcement.

/jarmo

Ah. So you're saying we shouldn't expect anything ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 10:48:22 AM »

/jarmo

Ah. So you're saying we shouldn't expect anything ?

You shouldn't. But at the same time you have to shoot fireworks when they do something other bands do regularly; and when i say "they" i'm not necessarily referring to the band, I'm talking about people surrounding them. Because apart from touring, the band do very little if not nothing at all so yes, don't hold your breath and fart regularly if you dont want to explode  rofl rofl
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2024, 11:07:28 AM »

An announcement such as "Get ready for something F'N' special...1.24.24", has me expecting something above "just the release of The General Official Video".

BUT, I will not be disappointed if that's all it will be.

I'll take it. It will be an act of progression, of forward thinking. A sign that the band has decided to keep the momentum going generated by the fans of Old (I & fellow Gen-xers), and New (plenty of youngins) following this band.

My hope is that the video ends with an announcement of a Springish (4-24-24 would be Super Cool) Release of an Album.....

ATLAS SHRUGGED
Quick Song/Dragon (whatever the title may be by now).
Hard Skool
Absurd
Perhaps
The General
Monsters
Atlas Shrugged
Eye On You
Oklahoma/Berlin (whatever the title may be by now).
State of Grace
Seven
Goodbye (IF this song actually exists)

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2024, 12:43:10 PM »

A release of state of grace would be awesome. The general is lame, and a video for that song ? fuck that. We should've had proper videos for CD.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 01:21:54 PM »

You shouldn't. But at the same time you have to shoot fireworks when they do something other bands do regularly; and when i say "they" i'm not necessarily referring to the band, I'm talking about people surrounding them. Because apart from touring, the band do very little if not nothing at all so yes, don't hold your breath and fart regularly if you dont want to explode  rofl rofl

The band has released multiple singles in recent years. Compare that to 1995-1998, 2000-2007 etc....

Or maybe it's easy to forget history when you're constantly unhappy about something?  Tongue

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: