Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:32:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  January 24 2024
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: January 24 2024  (Read 4164 times)
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2024, 01:27:03 PM »

A release of state of grace would be awesome. The general is lame, and a video for that song ? fuck that. We should've had proper videos for CD.

With respect to the opinions of others, The General & Perhaps are my favorite GN'R songs since Better, RIAD, IRS, TIL, & Prostitute. I'd add Monsters & SOG in there, but they're irrelevant until they are released.

Therefore, Super Cool in My World, that I get videos for Perhaps & TG.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2024, 05:30:09 PM »

You shouldn't. But at the same time you have to shoot fireworks when they do something other bands do regularly; and when i say "they" i'm not necessarily referring to the band, I'm talking about people surrounding them. Because apart from touring, the band do very little if not nothing at all so yes, don't hold your breath and fart regularly if you dont want to explode  rofl rofl

The band has released multiple singles in recent years. Compare that to 1995-1998, 2000-2007 etc....

Or maybe it's easy to forget history when you're constantly unhappy about something?  Tongue

/jarmo

I’m not unhappy, I’m trying to be helpful to other people, stating facts: publishing already written and recorded songs needs 0 effort or close to 0, at the end of the day is their job. They don’t make video in which they act, they use live videos and now cartoons. 0 effort again. So if he’s waiting for something really ‘new’ (like new music fully written by the holy trinity)I think he’s going to wait for a long long time. There are plenty of artists making a shitload of music out there, I don’t think he should die waiting for something is not going to happen, just this.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2024, 08:24:38 PM »

I’m not unhappy, I’m trying to be helpful to other people, stating facts: publishing already written and recorded songs needs 0 effort or close to 0, at the end of the day is their job. They don’t make video in which they act, they use live videos and now cartoons. 0 effort again. So if he’s waiting for something really ‘new’ (like new music fully written by the holy trinity)I think he’s going to wait for a long long time. There are plenty of artists making a shitload of music out there, I don’t think he should die waiting for something is not going to happen, just this.

LOL. You can't have the cake and eat it too. It seems like you think these things appear out of nothing. The band does nothing by releasing songs and videos.

That's funny. On one hand we have some commenting on how the band doesn't release enough new songs and now we have you saying it takes zero effort.

You think they aren't involved in the music after the finished recording it?

Correct me if this is wrong, since you seem to think you are 100% sure about how GN'R works:

Song is created, song is recorded, song is mixed, song is mastered, song is released, song is rehearsed, song is performed live, live performances are filmed, live performances are edited into video, video is released.

Which parts have 0 effort from the band?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2024, 03:57:59 AM »

/jarmo

I'm old enough to know that you don't need 7/8 years to do that rofl rofl They are musician, if they do something other musicians do basically in 1 year or even less, well, the effort is factually close to 0. And I'm old enough to know that the older you get the less you do, so knowing the history of this band it's easy to understand what they are doing. If there is not even a super small hint that they are recording something new, they are not doing that. Slash and duff have been super very talkative in that sense. And if they don't say anything, well, it's easy math.

Again, if they'll ever put out an album it's gonna be CD 2 with a couple of "new songs". Don't tell me this will be a big effort either after, hopefully, 10 years since the reunion. At that point i can figure out some guy telling us "oh the guys are almost 70, they need some rest  rofl we can't expect new music soon".

I know I may sound too much sarcastic sometimes (or even all the times) but what i really want to say is that They are allowed to act this way (and i'm allowed to have my thoughts about that too, even using the "i know everything" approach), I'm not holding my breath and I'm telling people to do the same. There's a lot of great music out there to listen to in the waitin. I'll be happy to take it all back one day, i bet it won't be soon and to me it's pretty sad, it's unbelievable how they lost the global excitement for the reunion. 7 years its a fuckin long time.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2024, 09:06:15 AM »

/jarmo

I'm old enough to know that you don't need 7/8 years to do that rofl rofl They are musician, if they do something other musicians do basically in 1 year or even less, well, the effort is factually close to 0. And I'm old enough to know that the older you get the less you do, so knowing the history of this band it's easy to understand what they are doing. If there is not even a super small hint that they are recording something new, they are not doing that. Slash and duff have been super very talkative in that sense. And if they don't say anything, well, it's easy math.

Again, if they'll ever put out an album it's gonna be CD 2 with a couple of "new songs". Don't tell me this will be a big effort either after, hopefully, 10 years since the reunion. At that point i can figure out some guy telling us "oh the guys are almost 70, they need some rest  rofl we can't expect new music soon".

I know I may sound too much sarcastic sometimes (or even all the times) but what i really want to say is that They are allowed to act this way (and i'm allowed to have my thoughts about that too, even using the "i know everything" approach), I'm not holding my breath and I'm telling people to do the same. There's a lot of great music out there to listen to in the waitin. I'll be happy to take it all back one day, i bet it won't be soon and to me it's pretty sad, it's unbelievable how they lost the global excitement for the reunion. 7 years its a fuckin long time.

Seems like you're not wise enough to realize that people are different. What you do in a week, someone else might do in a month. And in the end, what the other person did might be better quality than what you managed.

You can make instant noodles in minutes, or prepare a proper meal for hours or days. You're obviously happy with the first. Some prefer the latter. There's no "right way" or "wrong way", it's about personal preferences.

If you were old enough, you would know this!  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2024, 10:35:49 AM »

/jarmo

Seems like you're not wise enough to realize that people are different. What you do in a week, someone else might do in a month. And in the end, what the other person did might be better quality than what you managed.

You can make instant noodles in minutes, or prepare a proper meal for hours or days. You're obviously happy with the first. Some prefer the latter. There's no "right way" or "wrong way", it's about personal preferences.

If you were old enough, you would know this!  Cheesy

/jarmo

Sure, but as much as i am lazy af too i know there is a thing called "reasonable time" and we are way, way, way past that. It's not gettin better. Frankly i think they should communicate at least their intentions once in their lifetime, "scripta manent verba volant" but we are even lacking words here. I know they (Axl) don't want any kind of pressure in doing things etc but if they're gettin older we are getting older too...all these lack of communication, of not knowing things etc. that's the most annoying thing now more than ever .And then you should get excited for something that should be the norm? Nah. Nevermind, whatever. beer
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 10:45:37 AM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2024, 01:12:52 PM »

Again, "reasonable time" is all about personal preferences. There is no fucking law or rule that states you need to release X number of albums in Y years. Unless you have agreed so with a record company for example.

The only thing you compare to is other artists who might release an album every other year.

They are smart enough to know what happens when they speak about their plans.

/jarmo

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2024, 02:15:27 PM »

No one tell ITARocker about Brian Wilson's Smile. "Reasonable time."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2024, 04:40:10 PM »

No one tell ITARocker about Brian Wilson's Smile. "Reasonable time."

But, but....

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2024, 11:32:54 PM »

Did we get an ETA on this?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2024, 06:24:46 AM »

spe·cial
/ˈspeSH(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: special

better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

Can a music video be special? Yes it can.

/jarmo

lol

You must be joking

Unless it's a music video like Estraned (which is highly unlikely, not to say impossible), there's no other kind of video that would make it special.

Perhaps it's just another video made of live montages, and they'll sell it as special.

The sad thing is some people here will buy it.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word.

"Different from what is usual". If GN'R has not made a similar video in the past, it's different isn't it? Which is the definition of special.

The sad thing is that people don't have attention spans to watch a 20 second clip and jump to conclusions.

I would like to time travel back to this forum between 1996 and 2001 and tell people here that one day they will scoff at the idea of a brand new GNR video for a brand new GNR song.  I wouldn’t even get the chance to tell them Slash and Duff were in the band before they laughed me off the board.

Needless to say , really looking forward to the 24th.  

It seems like it all relates to how fast people forget. They must have forgotten that three years ago GN'R had released Shadow Of Your Love. No other singles. And here we are, some being upset that the band is releasing music videos...  hihi

/jarmo

I understand the meaning. I'm just able to apply its meaning to different scenarios, that's the advantage of being able to think for yourself. Then again, I'm not on the band's payroll, so...

You had to literally look up the meaning of the word in the dictionary and post it here, so you could convice yourself and others that this is, in fact, "special".

The sad part is you don't realize how pathetic that is. Maybe you should look that one up on the dictionary as well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 07:52:57 AM by Eduardo » Logged
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2024, 11:59:48 AM »

Some possible ideas for what it could be. full live show release, New Song release, Or another big box set release as long as it isn't clothing related lol.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2024, 03:30:59 PM »

Video of The General and Monsters included I hope.

"...It don't really matter..."
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2024, 03:31:24 PM »

Some possible ideas for what it could be. full live show release, New Song release, Or another big box set release as long as it isn't clothing related lol.

I would be very surprised if it was anything else than a video for The General.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2024, 06:29:05 PM »

I would be very surprised if it was anything else than a video for The General.

I think I would go in to a state of shock if it was anything other than that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2024, 07:03:05 PM »

I understand the meaning. I'm just able to apply its meaning to different scenarios, that's the advantage of being able to think for yourself. Then again, I'm not on the band's payroll, so...

You had to literally look up the meaning of the word in the dictionary and post it here, so you could convice yourself and others that this is, in fact, "special".

The sad part is you don't realize how pathetic that is. Maybe you should look that one up on the dictionary as well.

Why is it that people like yourself assume that someone with a differing opinion can't think for themself? Please explain this to me. It's such a lame fucking excuse to try to "win" an argument. Not that winning arguments really matter. I guess it matters to some because they need to use this excuse as some kind of ace card. LOL.

It's special for GN'R because they have not done anything like it before! How much more special should it be? 10% more? 150% more? It's special in the same way playing ten stadium shows on the same tour leg in Brazil is special.

I know what pathetic is. Thank you very much. I encounter it daily online.  ok

/jarmo

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2024, 07:41:09 PM »

Why is it that people like yourself assume that someone with a differing opinion can't think for themself? Please explain this to me. It's such a lame fucking excuse to try to "win" an argument. Not that winning arguments really matter. I guess it matters to some because they need to use this excuse as some kind of ace card. LOL.

It's special for GN'R because they have not done anything like it before! How much more special should it be? 10% more? 150% more? It's special in the same way playing ten stadium shows on the same tour leg in Brazil is special.

I know what pathetic is. Thank you very much. I encounter it daily online.  ok

/jarmo

I'm not trying to win the argument, and I'm sure you're entitled to your opinion. The thing that bothers me is you, and other on this board, confuse supporting the band with supporting anything they do no matter what.

I don't post here a lot, but I've been following the discussions here for quite some time and I'm sure I've NEVER seen any glimpse of criticism whatsoever coming from you for nothing this band has ever done.

Sometimes it's healthy and necessary to have critical sense WHILE still supporting the band. It's possible to walk and chew gum at the same time. There's nothing wrong with it.

It's pretty fucking stupid to have to explain to people that OFF COURSE this "special" announcement would generate a hype that's more than the possibility of just another video. If anything this is just terrible marketing.

Listen, I support the band, I like ChiDem, I have gone to shows when it was just Axl and also with this new incarnation, and they were all awesome. But it baffles me how some people fail to realize that apart from succesfull tours and some mediocre songs, this band hasn't produced anything artistically worth of notice in the last 8 years

But anyway, you'll say again that the band doesn't owe us anything, we should live our lives regardless of what they do and blablabla. And you're probably right. This behavior certainly has done you good.

peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2024, 08:54:55 PM »

Maybe the problem is the fact that people assume too much? I mean, a short video clip is supposed to mean a new album is coming tomorrow? That's the logical guess/assumption?

Sometimes it's wishful thinking, sometimes it's just unrealistic. They used the word special to describe something unique that they haven't done before. Some got upset because it's not the special thing they had dreamed up.

But anyway, you'll say again that the band doesn't owe us anything, we should live our lives regardless of what they do and blablabla. And you're probably right. This behavior certainly has done you good.

peace

Yeah. I'm not the one upset because something special was called special and isn't as special as my own special definition of what special should be, relating to the special band GN'R and their special unique way of just being pretty special.

/jarmo

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2024, 03:10:08 AM »

Any idea when and where I should follow what's happening?

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2024, 07:26:19 AM »

Any idea when and where I should follow what's happening?

Don't they usually post/announce things when it's morning in LA and lunch time in NYC?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: