Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:02:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  January 24 2024
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: January 24 2024  (Read 4165 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2024, 08:53:20 AM »

Yes usually after 9am here on the east coast anything goes.  I would expect this to drop anytime between now and 12pm EST. Its also fairly common for announcements and releases to happen at 12P which lines up with 9A on the west coast.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 01:27:10 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2024, 10:14:20 AM »

Thanks, I'm in Eastern Europe, that's why I'm asking. Cordinating the time difference  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2024, 12:04:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_OFC10hTE

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2024, 12:07:01 PM »

https://fb.watch/pM-gjJNJMp/?mibextid=Nif5oz  peace
cineater
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2024, 12:32:49 PM »

Just watched it once and thought it was pretty interesting.  Would like to hear the creator's interpretation of it.  But here's what I'm getting out of it.

Like the colors, like the color of bruises and dark thoughts.  Like how it takes the real adult and animates them back into childhood, the nice kid and the wicked kid.  Real time becomes viewed with things from nightmares.  The fast pace of it is good, like flashing thoughts.  The animated characters are still most of the time like all this is happening around them and they are powerless to control what's going on.

Just my initial thoughts.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2024, 12:34:18 PM »

I don’t want to say anything too negative about it because I think the response to that usually is to do nothing rather than do better.
 Edit AI art kind of sucks but it’s cheap, also they have 2 performances of this song live, why not use that footage?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 12:37:40 PM by slash&axl » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2024, 12:39:31 PM »

Here's a comment from Creative Works:  https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2fabXgsxVO/?igsh=MWt5N2E0cDZ3aWpuZw%3D%3D

What do they mean by AI-rendered content?  What is that exactly?

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2024, 12:49:54 PM »

Haters gonna hate
And actually I don't understand why.

It might be AI but it's not bad at all according to be.
(matter of taste)
There is alittle story in it
There is live footage
I like the morphing

And all members are in it....

It's a good band video
And there even might be a part 2when Monsters will be released (or not)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2024, 12:57:45 PM »

I don't care if I ever see it again.  It's cool but you could play any song under it and have the same effect.  Gone are the days of Making F@*!ing Videos.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
cineater
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2024, 01:03:03 PM »

Like I said only watched it once.  Didn't see a reference to sexual abuse or really any source of child abuse.  Don't think this is Axl's way of telling his story but more of the bigger picture of what it's like to walk around a victim from childhood experiences.  It should have been all pink and teddy bears.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2024, 01:10:05 PM »

Is it just me or is the "story" in this video super-vague? Sort of know the meaning of the song when listening to the lyrics, but don't quite see the connection with the visuals in the video.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2024, 01:55:47 PM »

Oh wow, I could not watch that. The editing was too quick and all over the place. But maybe I'm just old. I can't play today's video games, either. Haha.
It wasn't for me but I'm glad they did something for the fans and I do like the song, so I don't want anyone to think I'm hating on it. 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2024, 02:28:55 PM »

I like what Creative Works London has done in terms of visuals for the live show. It would be great to see them released as secondary "music videos" on the GNR YouTube channel.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2024, 02:44:13 PM »

Is it just me or is the "story" in this video super-vague? Sort of know the meaning of the song when listening to the lyrics, but don't quite see the connection with the visuals in the video.

"Never really took the time to forget."  Problem is you never forget childhood memories.  It's all those lines after "Don't know what to tell you now."  The video shows adults haven't forgot and get dragged back to those feelings at the most unexpected times.

I'm going to relate to it differently then you will but it's not black and white.  It's a very confusing world you're looking at as it is with an abused child.  I see multiple meanings, as an abused child has multiple feelings about what happen, all at the same time.  The mixture of the innocent child feeling they did something wrong, wanting love and the feelings of hate, wanting to get back at them.  And then what all that makes you think about yourself.

I had to laugh a little wondering what AI thought of all this data.  It came out all mixed up, fast paced and confusing and that's exactly right.  

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2024, 03:21:03 PM »

Edit AI art kind of sucks but it’s cheap, also they have 2 performances of this song live, why not use that footage?

It's different than a live clip or lyric video (which they already did). Also. it won't necessary "fit" the theme of the song. Maybe the band wanted a more visual video this time? Why isn't November Rain just a live video?

On one hand, if they had released a live clip, you'd have the same people commenting about how it's another live clip. At least now they can focus on how cheap the AI is! Something different!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2024, 04:02:25 PM »

I just had four fucking seizures watching that.

Aside from the kid morphing into Axl towards the end it seems pretty random. This whole "AI" (which is a massive misnomer) craze will come to a screeching halt soon, and the style isn't for me, but points for effort. They at least went out on a limb. I do hope Monsters gets this strong of a push (or stronger) as it's a far better song with serious potential as a single. The General has felt more personal since we first heard it and I'm actually shocked it even got a video.
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2024, 06:17:37 PM »

Has it been taken down? Or not available in UK. Says this video is not available when I go on the link.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2024, 06:23:05 PM »

It worked if I watched it within X but not if I opened YouTube. Strange.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2024, 07:00:48 PM »

The video makes me like the song more, which I wasn't all that crazy about when it first dropped a few months back. Definitely an interesting video, pretty cool stuff .

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2024, 08:06:14 PM »

If you want to show your buddies what our favorite band has been up to...show them the 'Perhaps' video.

Or...show them this and listen to all the same Chinese Democracy jokes we had to put up with for like, 10 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: