Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  January 24 2024
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: January 24 2024  (Read 4161 times)
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2024, 03:15:41 AM »

Guarantee all the bad-mouthers are the ones who shouted the loudest for the Better video.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2024, 04:04:55 AM »

Edit AI art kind of sucks but it’s cheap, also they have 2 performances of this song live, why not use that footage?

It's different than a live clip or lyric video (which they already did). Also. it won't necessary "fit" the theme of the song. Maybe the band wanted a more visual video this time? Why isn't November Rain just a live video?

On one hand, if they had released a live clip, you'd have the same people commenting about how it's another live clip. At least now they can focus on how cheap the AI is! Something different!

/jarmo

I thought the Perhaps video was great, I’ve seen other bands do the AI art thing and it’s just frustrating to watch
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2024, 05:38:21 AM »

yeah, well, I won't comment that one.

still an awesome song.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2024, 09:10:21 AM »

Edit AI art kind of sucks but it’s cheap, also they have 2 performances of this song live, why not use that footage?

It's different than a live clip or lyric video (which they already did). Also. it won't necessary "fit" the theme of the song. Maybe the band wanted a more visual video this time? Why isn't November Rain just a live video?

On one hand, if they had released a live clip, you'd have the same people commenting about how it's another live clip. At least now they can focus on how cheap the AI is! Something different!

/jarmo

Surely another live video would have been boring. But making "something different" for the sake of it always lead to random results, and this is frankly horrible. Perhaps it's done to wink at the very new generations but the result is still poor.

To me, an old-fashioned cartoon (maybe in manga style or something like that) related to the theme of the song would have been more special. Maybe with some slash's hints for it...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2024, 10:55:29 AM »

/jarmo

Surely another live video would have been boring. But making "something different" for the sake of it always lead to random results, and this is frankly horrible. Perhaps it's done to wink at the very new generations but the result is still poor.

To me, an old-fashioned cartoon (maybe in manga style or something like that) related to the theme of the song would have been more special. Maybe with some slash's hints for it...

This actually may be more of a Slash influenced thing.  You saw where he's involved in a new comic and he was the one behind the pinball machine.  I know management is credited but this feels like a Slash creation.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2024, 11:12:17 AM »

Different song, different lyrical content, different message, different vision etc. It's not that weird.

Not the first time they're using visual effects in their videos.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2024, 11:24:02 AM »

I think it's ok, it has some cool moments, but I don't really feel the need to watch it again (and I've watched the Perhaps video at least 20 times). I understand that there might have been some delays in the creation of the video, but releasing it almost two months after the song is pretty pointless. But the song is great, is has really grown on me.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2024, 11:30:30 AM »

First watch, it was alot, just a fast moving sequence of colour and light lol

Second watch, I actually think it's really interesting. I am around victims of abuse, my mum was abused when she was younger. There's not a storyboard per se, it's like a dream sequence. You can see adults being portrayed as monsters, childhood items being demonised, sequences filled with faces and depictions of forgotten memories. All this is common with abuse victims. Sometimes when people are very young and bad things are happening, they know something is wrong but do not have the capacity to understand. Quite often, they put all their love into objects like teddies, blankets or toys, but when they are taken away or destroyed, that is the thing they remember as adults. Everything else is a blur.

Oh well, that's my take anyway
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2024, 01:33:15 PM »

/jarmo

This actually may be more of a Slash influenced thing.  You saw where he's involved in a new comic and he was the one behind the pinball machine.  I know management is credited but this feels like a Slash creation.

This doesn’t look like Slash’s taste to me, the Absurd video looked like Slash’s taste, I’d imagine the imagery on his world on fire album cover to me more up his street.

Anyways who cares about the video, the song is fuckin great 👍
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2024, 01:53:17 PM »

I think it's ok, it has some cool moments, but I don't really feel the need to watch it again (and I've watched the Perhaps video at least 20 times). I understand that there might have been some delays in the creation of the video, but releasing it almost two months after the song is pretty pointless. But the song is great, is has really grown on me.

People are taking about the song again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2024, 06:09:28 PM »

Yeah. If you look at Instagram and YouTube, all you see is people talking about the song again. Nothing but praise.  Tongue
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2024, 06:56:15 PM »

Wow I love this video.

Reminds me of the days I and my brother used to roam the streets of NYC while my parents pissed away our lower middle class family income on Scientology courses. I was 9, he was 7.

I'm a survivor of abuse from my very own version of a general.....my unloving father. I ran away from home right after I turned 16 and stayed away. Guns N' Roses helped me through my years of finding personal self-worth and strength. I get chills when Axl sings this song.

I'm gonna have my kids watch this video. My daughter is 13, my twin boys are 10. I'm curious to see what they think. I'll pop back in here and add their opinions.

Edited to add....
FAMILY REVIEW:
My wife said the video was "really cool" and picked up lots of symbolism. She was with me at Hammerstein Ballroom that first night Guns returned to the stage after the Philly Riot in '02. We also saw them at MSG in '06, Camden NJ in 2011, and in 2016 at Lincoln Financial in Philly for the return of Slash & Duff. She's a Guns fan through and through.

My 13 year old daughter surprised me. She likes the song and thought the video was really cool. Her music tastes are country and likes bands like Surfaces & Caamp. She really digs a playlist I have on Spotify I titled "MrMojoRa Radio".

My twin boys liked the video and the song but not as much as my daughter, which surprised me.

I myself picked up some symbolism throughout the video that I hadn't the first time i watched it. Especially that last shot of Axl and the bloody tears pouring out of his eyes. Fuckin' Powerful!

This is one I'll watch again........and again......and again.

So there you have it.....one man's opinion. Worth no more, no less than any other.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:00:28 PM by MrMojoRa » Logged

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2024, 01:36:18 PM »

i got arcane from netflix based on the league of legends vibe with those graphics. I actually do think the video enhances the song for me its still a growing period for me on the song no pun intended in General lol.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2024, 06:26:44 PM »

Behind the General...meet the double agent.

MONSTERS?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2024, 03:40:35 PM »

Some background: https://decrypt.co/215062/how-guns-n-roses-used-ai-create-wild-new-music-video-general

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2024, 05:16:51 PM »

Holy shit!

The idea, he explained, is to “have Axl interacting with content that’s being fed from content in the main screen, but in the iMAG,” with augmented reality elements appearing in front of him and behind him. “What we’re trying to do there is some kind of halfway house, so if you’re in a show and you put goggles on, you can see all this real-time content flowing around the band.”  He suggested that in future, live performances could incorporate augmented reality elements, “where people can just wear those glasses and then see the content explode beyond the stage and around them, in this kind of DMT-like hallucination.”

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: