Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Amen - Duff writes new GNR song
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amen - Duff writes new GNR song  (Read 2038 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« on: January 28, 2024, 01:09:04 PM »

Apparently Duff has written a new song for Guns called Amen. He mentions it on a podcast called The Moment. From a-4d, a transcription:

"… I wrote a song called “Amen”. It just all came to me when that - you know, everything that went down in Gaza and Israel, like that day. I was on the road watching TV and just heartbroken. You know, I’ve read so much history about that area dating back pre-Christ and all that. But like, they have just been under siege forever, you know, and this isn’t… I guess you don’t get surprised anymore. That’s happened a million times. But heartbroken you can be. You can be heartbroken.

Brian Koppelman: And in fact if you’re not heartbroken a little bit by this stuff - when you see kids in these situations… there’s something broken. But it’s so interesting like you just casually said that-

Duff: So I wrote a song called “Amen” and I sent it to Slash, and I said, “This is a Guns song. This is a Civil War, this is a new Civil War type of song.” Civil War is a Guns N’ Roses song-

Brian Koppelman: Of course, I know.

Duff: Those out there listening might not know.

Brian Koppelman: Yeah.

Duff: And I’d say there’s a new civil war."

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8178-2023-12-20-the-moment-with-brian-koppelman-interview-with-duff
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 01:52:59 PM »

Unfortunately there's always material to write another Civil War song.   Cry  And another Hey You.  Little hard to find some radical, bad-ass joy.

So he sent it to Slash and?  And he's thinking it's a GNR song because the band is working on going on together?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024, 03:54:34 PM »

This is fantastic news! He mentioned the "Amen" song, but it got me thinking – have they been at this for a while? Perhaps they've been crafting GN'R songs for quite some time, numerous songs at that.

Fingers crossed, we might get some fresh recordings this year, unless they're already ahead of the game and doing just that!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 05:17:39 PM »

This is awesome news!!

Shows they have their foot on the pedal all systems go!!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 12:01:23 AM »

Unfortunately there's always material to write another Civil War song.   Cry  And another Hey You.  Little hard to find some radical, bad-ass joy.

So he sent it to Slash and?  And he's thinking it's a GNR song because the band is working on going on together?

There's no after the AND - this was a recent interview, I think from December, so it's really only been weeks.

For context he was talking about, when he writes songs, he sees them as like "this is a Guns song, this is a Duff solo song, this is an Iggy pop song, this is an Ozzy song" etc. And Amen was the only one he singled out period. As a Guns song. So I'm guessing he's pretty high on it or he wouldn't have brought it up basically unprompted.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 01:04:32 AM »

There's no after the AND - this was a recent interview, I think from December, so it's really only been weeks.

For context he was talking about, when he writes songs, he sees them as like "this is a Guns song, this is a Duff solo song, this is an Iggy pop song, this is an Ozzy song" etc. And Amen was the only one he singled out period. As a Guns song. So I'm guessing he's pretty high on it or he wouldn't have brought it up basically unprompted.

I was wondering what Slash thought and if he shared it with anyone else in the band.

It's not a given for me that GNR will come back after this.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 03:38:35 AM »

See, when they have something done, they talk about  something... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Hopefully this is not a public move to push axl to do things  nervous, kinda feel this is the only new song for gnr up to now  Cheesy We need 1+ and we have the new album ready lmfao  Grin

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2024, 07:09:21 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this subject but I wonder:

Who are "they" ?

"they have just been under siege forever"

My guess is that "they" could be both fighting sides.
Maybe Duff thinks the same, maybe not.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2024, 10:49:59 PM »

Who are "they" ?

Since he linked it to Civil War I suspect it's more about war in general being an atrocity and "they" being the innocents enduring it regardless of side.
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 10:29:56 AM »

I admire artists that write anti war songs. I think it is in order for a famous person to criticize inhumane behavior, be it corruption, chauvinism, dictatorship, slaughter of any kind or any other vicious behavior.
On the other hand, I think it is unintelligent and rude for such a person to take sides.
Unintelligent because it is abnoxious and ignorant to think that you are objective while being surrounded by the so called ''truth'' that is being served to you. We, who live in the western part of the world, are constantly brainwashed by the western media. We think that we are objective because we have the means to look up every information on different medias, the internet, etc. When infact, the the whole internet as we know it, is being directed by the same source of information. Very few of us billions will actually log into an Arabic/Russian/Chinese internet site to check if the general knowledge and opinion is bias. Very little of us have the capacity and the knowledge of history to comprehend what the other side is fighting for. peace
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 10:38:31 AM »

Who are "they" ?

Since he linked it to Civil War I suspect it's more about war in general being an atrocity and "they" being the innocents enduring it regardless of side.

peace love
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 01:11:43 PM »

I admire artists that write anti war songs. I think it is in order for a famous person to criticize inhumane behavior, be it corruption, chauvinism, dictatorship, slaughter of any kind or any other vicious behavior.
On the other hand, I think it is unintelligent and rude for such a person to take sides.
Unintelligent because it is abnoxious and ignorant to think that you are objective while being surrounded by the so called ''truth'' that is being served to you. We, who live in the western part of the world, are constantly brainwashed by the western media. We think that we are objective because we have the means to look up every information on different medias, the internet, etc. When infact, the the whole internet as we know it, is being directed by the same source of information. Very few of us billions will actually log into an Arabic/Russian/Chinese internet site to check if the general knowledge and opinion is bias. Very little of us have the capacity and the knowledge of history to comprehend what the other side is fighting for. peace

The simple answer to this is: support your part even if it's hypocrite. There's no right or wrong, it's all about point of views and surviving at any cost. Think about Europe nowadays. It raises from the defeat of Nazism and it ends being what nazism was supposed to be. German-centric power, eugenics, unbridled (and idiotic) environmentalism, antisemitism (look at what happens today...20 years ago almost no one would have supported Palestine under any circumstances). The only difference is that Germany learned the lesson and it didn't make another war (next step is having 1 european army only, the ice on the cake)...It's just an example, but it's just to say that we live constantly in a condition of hypocrisy and, sorry, we have to carry that shitty burden or we gonna disappear. Same things happens everywhere. Peace is just a period of time between wars, it doesn't last cause it never lasted once in hystory. So, you can agree with duff or the pope, but when it's time you gotta be ready, you can't escape from that. This is us.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2024, 11:44:26 PM »

This quickly became the dumbest thread I've ever had the misfortune of reading. It's "rude" to have an opinion because the entire internet is controlled by one group of people and hypocrisy is okay because if you believe you're right, the ends justify the means. Jesus Christ...

Not coincidentally, a core belief of fascism is that violence is the natural state of humanity and that physical force overrides logic.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2024, 05:59:02 PM »

This quickly became the dumbest thread I've ever had the misfortune of reading. It's "rude" to have an opinion because the entire internet is controlled by one group of people and hypocrisy is okay because if you believe you're right, the ends justify the means. Jesus Christ...

Not coincidentally, a core belief of fascism is that violence is the natural state of humanity and that physical force overrides logic.

Its not rude to have an opinion, but it is rude to state your opinion publicly if you are a famous person. There is a slight possibility that you are not objective. Shocked In that process one might offend another person (a fan) on the other side of the fence...
 I know it is hard to believe, but the media and the politicians don't always say the whole truth Wink Kiss
For example, how objective do you suppose a citizen of the USA can be about wars that his country leads or led all over the world? The media will justify the reasons, but on the other side there is an innocent Lybian without a home, living in poverty, with most of his family dead just because his country is rich with oil... Huh smoking
Lets please end this conversation. My intention was not to start an argument, just to recommend, to not take sides in wars publicly, because it might offend someone who thinks highly of you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 06:10:50 PM by Vezara » Logged
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2024, 03:20:40 PM »

I was wondering what Slash thought and if he shared it with anyone else in the band.

It's not a given for me that GNR will come back after this.

Yeah. The real question is, did Slash forward it to Axl.  Wink

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2024, 03:27:04 PM »

He did....but Axl said it was too Southern Rock....we go again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: