Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:09:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Duff podcast - "Gn'R taking 2024 off"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Duff podcast - "Gn'R taking 2024 off"  (Read 4458 times)
shaundix
Opening Act

« on: February 14, 2024, 09:35:19 AM »

Also says solo dates happening "in the fall"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YebwOCjKjck
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 10:41:19 AM »

I never would have guessed 2016-2024 would have been so unproductive.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 01:31:56 PM »

Haven't listened
Is he referring to touring?
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 01:43:29 PM »

Haven't listened
What else do they do?
Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »

Haven't listened
What else do they do?

New exciting merch?  Tongue
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 04:08:14 PM »

Can't say they don't deserve a break but I have to agree with Wooody on the unproductive part when it comes to new music.  Duff said he's excited about pursuing a solo endeavor.  Nothing to indicate the "5 guys in the room" for the band to be working together on new stuff.  Sounds like it's a touring band on break and what it will be going forward.  I guess it's good to recognize what you are and let people pursue their passion.  May not be what we want for the band but what the band wants for themselves.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:48:15 PM by cineater » Logged

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 06:43:04 AM »

2021: Two singles
2023: Two singles

That's four more singles than they released between 2016 and 2021.

Slash is busy touring, how do people figure they will be able to record when someone is busy elsewhere? It's obvious they decided to take some time off.

This is exactly what some fans asked for. For years it was "Stop touring!". Be careful what you wish for.... These people made the (wrong) assumption that a band on a break from touring equals them being locked in a studio writing another Appetite For Destruction.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 11:54:09 AM »

Yeah, they went their separate ways.  Not assuming a band on break means they are coming back or working on new music.  Not even assuming they are at a full stop.  They're just gone.  Miss you GNR.  Wish you well.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 07:07:22 AM »

Even Duff said it in the interview, they needed to give everyone a break.

People took them touring every year for granted.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 07:57:19 AM »

They've been fairly active since 2016, and we did get some new music last few years. They probably don't want to get burnt out with GNR and have other things they'd like to do at this point.

If you were expecting them to put out a full length album and take over the world like they did 30+  years ago that's not gonna happen. 

No complaints here, its been a very productive handful of years for the band. I expect them to be back in 2025 and they'll be fresh coming off a break. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 09:28:53 AM »

They've been fairly active since 2016, and we did get some new music last few years. They probably don't want to get burnt out with GNR and have other things they'd like to do at this point.

If you were expecting them to put out a full length album and take over the world like they did 30+  years ago that's not gonna happen. 

No complaints here, its been a very productive handful of years for the band. I expect them to be back in 2025 and they'll be fresh coming off a break. 

That should have been their mindset.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 11:05:51 AM »

Yeah but don't twist reality: they haven't been productive, the songs were there already. 2 added random solos and a couple of bass lines doesn't make them "productive". They followed the easiest path. They just factually turned into a nostalgia touring act, like kiss, rolling stones etc. The difference between these bands is that here the original band melt and there was a 20 years hiatus so fan are obviosly missing new, original material (if we talk about that, it's been 30 years of hiatus): something they will never have. Axl is the laziest guy on earth and knowing that everything depends on him it's game over. And even if they are gonna put out something, it's probably gonna be a huge flop cause they are just old for the majority of the market.. Knowing that it's basically a money driven thing, they don't won't to risk anything at this point. They gonna put out these "old - new" songs whose costs have been absorbed already  by touring and overpriced memorabila and that's it, they gonna put out that fuckin album with all these already released songs and a couple of new ones, maybe sung by duff so Axl won't spend any minute into the studio  rofl. The excuses (if we can talk about excuses, at the end of the day they can do whtever they want) came to an end years ago for any rational guy, all the others are just naive enough to keep believing or are just too involved to describe reality for what it is... But at least i laugh my ass off listening to and reading all the amount of bs perpetrated during all these years.

-  they can't write an album while touring
- they have just ended a tour, they need a a break and after that they gonna make the new album
- oh they announced another tour (that they are not forced into) so maybe after this one they gonna write something new
- oh fuckin covid, what can u do during 1 year and more of covid
-  there's another tour, but i think after that they won't wont go in the studio they have to keep their distances...be safe!!
- another couple of tours with old/new songs released...axl want to release all the cd 2 songs left and after that...
- ah after all these tours they need a break, you're so pathetic if you think they gonna go in the studio to record something...and axl still has all the  cd 2 songs left to release yet
- happy fuckin valentine's day

Yep guys... this is gnr today. What can u expect, really..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 11:07:29 AM by ITARocker » Logged
AXLRIVERS
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 01:56:57 PM »

No ones saying they are unproductive in terms of touring. I will go and see them in the UK everytime no matter where. Am I still disappointed they cannot write (and release) one song together , from scratch in nearly 10 years. Absolutely. Am I owed it..nope. would I like it..yup.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 04:02:03 PM »

Yeah but don't twist reality: they haven't been productive, the songs were there already. 2 added random solos and a couple of bass lines doesn't make them "productive". They followed the easiest path. They just factually turned into a nostalgia touring act, like kiss, rolling stones etc. The difference between these bands is that here the original band melt and there was a 20 years hiatus so fan are obviosly missing new, original material (if we talk about that, it's been 30 years of hiatus): something they will never have. Axl is the laziest guy on earth and knowing that everything depends on him it's game over. And even if they are gonna put out something, it's probably gonna be a huge flop cause they are just old for the majority of the market.. Knowing that it's basically a money driven thing, they don't won't to risk anything at this point. They gonna put out these "old - new" songs whose costs have been absorbed already  by touring and overpriced memorabila and that's it, they gonna put out that fuckin album with all these already released songs and a couple of new ones, maybe sung by duff so Axl won't spend any minute into the studio  rofl. The excuses (if we can talk about excuses, at the end of the day they can do whtever they want) came to an end years ago for any rational guy, all the others are just naive enough to keep believing or are just too involved to describe reality for what it is... But at least i laugh my ass off listening to and reading all the amount of bs perpetrated during all these years.

-  they can't write an album while touring
- they have just ended a tour, they need a a break and after that they gonna make the new album
- oh they announced another tour (that they are not forced into) so maybe after this one they gonna write something new
- oh fuckin covid, what can u do during 1 year and more of covid
-  there's another tour, but i think after that they won't wont go in the studio they have to keep their distances...be safe!!
- another couple of tours with old/new songs released...axl want to release all the cd 2 songs left and after that...
- ah after all these tours they need a break, you're so pathetic if you think they gonna go in the studio to record something...and axl still has all the  cd 2 songs left to release yet
- happy fuckin valentine's day

Yep guys... this is gnr today. What can u expect, really..

Rolling Stones is not a nostalgia act. they just released an album !

MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2024, 07:16:30 PM »

A friend of mine after I shared this disappointing news said, "Only GnR can make an album spread over multiple decades without writing a new song and yet have a huge fan base".

Best case scenario would be a late year release of something significant and then an announcement of a tour in early 2025.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 10:24:08 AM »

I'm not convinced that they will never work on new material. I just don't make assumptions on when it will happen.

What amazes me is this obsession with when a song was created and by who. If the three of them sat down before a show somewhere and wrote a song, it's automatically better than the last singles they released? Or it's automatically better than something Axl, Duff or Slash came up with previously?

Basically:

A song written together recently > A song previously started by Axl, Duff or Slash and only finished later

How can you be so sure?

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2024, 12:30:36 PM »

Together is far superior and that doesn't mean a zoom meeting either.  There's a vibe and connection with somebody right in front of you that you work off of.  Listen to Tommy's interview.  Duff referred to continuous working leads to more creativity, output.  You can pick up a piece that you were working on but didn't finish it back then but you bring in stuff from the all that time in between and what's relevant now.  Something Neil Young explains in his book.

That's the short answer.  There's a lot more to explain about human behavior that favors in person for creativity and output.  But what works for one person doesn't work for everybody.  We can talk about it all day long, GNR will do what they do.  I kind of like what Slash and Duff have done.  We can't do it here so we'll do it some other way that suits themselves.  I feel like Axl has the power and control over how GNR does it and what goes on suits him.  Up to the fans to find what suits them for their happy spot with GNR.  Giving unsolicited advice without all the facts or expertise seems to keep most of us entertained.   hihi

I do have a question.  I'm not a singer.  What does Axl do to warm up and cool down his voice for all that time?  Practice his scales?  Holy crap, that's 6 hours, each show of his own voice.  You think he's tired of hearing it after that?   hihi

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 02:45:24 PM »

I'm not convinced that they will never work on new material. I just don't make assumptions on when it will happen.

What amazes me is this obsession with when a song was created and by who. If the three of them sat down before a show somewhere and wrote a song, it's automatically better than the last singles they released? Or it's automatically better than something Axl, Duff or Slash came up with previously?

Basically:

A song written together recently > A song previously started by Axl, Duff or Slash and only finished later

How can you be so sure?

/jarmo

I think it’s more about closing the circle. Gnr split was so bad that everybody have this feeling of incompleteness . The album could suck obviously, that’s a real risk,  but it’s like seeing what it could have been. We’ve already seen what axl is capable of… we haven’t seen yet what they are capable of all together. And Time goes bye. Releasing 1 song every year doesn’t allow you to gain time, it’s exactly the opposite.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:49:47 PM by ITARocker » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2024, 05:23:18 PM »

I think it’s more about closing the circle. Gnr split was so bad that everybody have this feeling of incompleteness . The album could suck obviously, that’s a real risk,  but it’s like seeing what it could have been. We’ve already seen what axl is capable of… we haven’t seen yet what they are capable of all together. And Time goes bye. Releasing 1 song every year doesn’t allow you to gain time, it’s exactly the opposite.

Well, that's a theory. But, here's another one. They split when they were a certain age and at a certain point in their lives. They got back together with experiences and wisdom they didn't have when they split. I mean, some seem to assume that they would produce another Appetite at this point. Is that really a valid assumption to make? They've obviously gained a lot of experience since they made that album. All of us have since 1987.

Together is far superior and that doesn't mean a zoom meeting either.  There's a vibe and connection with somebody right in front of you that you work off of.  Listen to Tommy's interview.  Duff referred to continuous working leads to more creativity, output.  You can pick up a piece that you were working on but didn't finish it back then but you bring in stuff from the all that time in between and what's relevant now.  Something Neil Young explains in his book.

That's the short answer.  There's a lot more to explain about human behavior that favors in person for creativity and output.  But what works for one person doesn't work for everybody.  We can talk about it all day long, GNR will do what they do.  I kind of like what Slash and Duff have done.  We can't do it here so we'll do it some other way that suits themselves.  I feel like Axl has the power and control over how GNR does it and what goes on suits him.  Up to the fans to find what suits them for their happy spot with GNR.  Giving unsolicited advice without all the facts or expertise seems to keep most of us entertained.   hihi

I think the funniest thing that could happen is for them to release songs no one knows when or how they were written! If there were no previously announced song titles or illegally obtained versions of songs, no one would know how to judge the songs. Imagine someone daring to criticize a song they had just written or praise a song written in the 1990s.... hihi

I do have a question.  I'm not a singer.  What does Axl do to warm up and cool down his voice for all that time?  Practice his scales?  Holy crap, that's 6 hours, each show of his own voice.  You think he's tired of hearing it after that?   hihi

I'm assuming there are certain exercises singers do to warm up / cool down.

/jarmo

cineater
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2024, 07:03:08 PM »

Here's some warm ups from the School of Rock:  https://www.schoolofrock.com/resources/vocals/9-best-vocal-warm-ups-for-singers
The straw ones look like fun and the motor boat.  hihi

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: