Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227823 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Duff podcast - "Gn'R taking 2024 off"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Duff podcast - "Gn'R taking 2024 off"  (Read 4457 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2024, 02:49:41 AM »

Here's some warm ups from the School of Rock:  https://www.schoolofrock.com/resources/vocals/9-best-vocal-warm-ups-for-singers
The straw ones look like fun and the motor boat.  hihi
Caruso used to sing the Italian nursery rhyme ‘ San Michele aveva un gallo bianco, rosso, verde e giallo per addomesticarlo gli dava latte e miele’  hihi i use my own version ‘Padre Carlo aveva un gallo Bianco rosso verde e giallo per ammaestrarlo usava pane e miele’ on different octaves and different voices (if u want). He had his own version too  hihi you have to sing this in one breath only, so it helps you with the breath control and the dittongo AE of ammaestrarlo gives you an extra training on vowel modification 😃
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 03:39:31 AM by ITARocker » Logged
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2024, 04:44:25 AM »

If at this point in 2023, somebody said “by this time next year, you’ll have officially released versions of Perhaps and the General, plus accompanying music videos for each” people would’ve been legitimately excited.

The same people got exactly that, but continue to complain.

Guns is one of my favourite bands, but my world doesn’t revolve around their output. When they do release something, cool. When they don’t, so what?

Didn’t Axl say something once about how people should live their lives and not waste time waiting for what might or might not come next?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2024, 08:14:25 AM »

Guns is one of my favourite bands, but my world doesn’t revolve around their output. When they do release something, cool. When they don’t, so what?

Yes.

I can understand some fans being frustrated, even by something they have no control over, or they think is "wrong" and needs to be fixed. This is human nature, everyone likes to think they are experts on everything.

Didn’t Axl say something once about how people should live their lives and not waste time waiting for what might or might not come next?

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you — in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

Axl Rose, August 2002

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2024, 12:23:10 PM »

Good time for a Chinese Democracy boxset!!!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
shaundix
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2024, 12:24:33 PM »

Man, that Axl quote. Says it all.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2024, 02:57:07 PM »

We have AFD, UYI. Still missing "TSI?".... Maybe after that.

confused

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2024, 06:36:56 PM »

Yes.

I can understand some fans being frustrated, even by something they have no control over, or they think is "wrong" and needs to be fixed. This is human nature, everyone likes to think they are experts on everything.

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen, you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does, you might get something that works for you — in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus 'cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

Axl Rose, August 2002

/jarmo

yeah yeah yeah, then he says there's two volumes of chidem left... blablablah hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2024, 09:52:46 PM »

confused

/jarmo

That was a joke….last I checked they don’t sell Chinese Democracy on their official website.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2024, 07:52:50 AM »

confused

/jarmo

That was a joke….last I checked they don’t sell Chinese Democracy on their official website.

Maybe that will change when the boxset is released!  hihi

(Before someone reads too much into that joke, I'm not confirming one will be released. I have no idea).

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2024, 08:13:57 AM »

confused

/jarmo

that's nuts !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2024, 12:04:07 PM »

It could have something to do with the Slash Duff Axl partnership back in the day but I’m spitballing. They can put the 4 Singles on their because Slash and Duff are involved in the official final product, credits, etc….just guessing but it seems plausible

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2024, 12:25:55 PM »

It could have something to do with the Slash Duff Axl partnership back in the day but I’m spitballing. They can put the 4 Singles on their because Slash and Duff are involved in the official final product, credits, etc….just guessing but it seems plausible

Could be.

Or is it still supposed to be a Best Buy exclusive?  Huh

/jarmo

Oliver
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2024, 02:06:09 PM »

Can we still get a Dr. Pepper when we buy it?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2024, 04:40:44 PM »

Maybe someone can start a GoFundMe page so you can get one?

/jarmo

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2024, 04:50:34 PM »

/jarmo

But Bucket and Slash don't get one still...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2024, 05:19:09 PM »

/jarmo

But Bucket and Slash don't get one still...

Well, rules are rules... Axl said he would share his free soda with Buckethead back in 2008.

hihi

/jarmo

Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2024, 06:10:31 AM »

What amazes me is this obsession with when a song was created and by who. If the three of them sat down before a show somewhere and wrote a song, it's automatically better than the last singles they released? Or it's automatically better than something Axl, Duff or Slash came up with previously?
/jarmo

That is an interesting observation. I think it has to do with the musical direction that CD has taken. While most of us here appreciate CD, there are loads of nostalgic fans that think that Axl is responsible for the CD musical direction. Asking for fresh music from the whole band is indirectly hoping for GnR music to sound like AFD or UYI did. Will that be the case, I personally doubt it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2024, 07:54:07 AM »

I kinda suspected that this could be a reason.

But the people involved aren't living in 1991 anymore. On the other hand, a song like Hard Skool, to me, sounds pretty close to "classic GN'R".

UYI and CD were both a mix of styles. I don't think GN'R would stop doing that.

/jarmo

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2024, 09:27:19 AM »

I kinda suspected that this could be a reason.

But the people involved aren't living in 1991 anymore. On the other hand, a song like Hard Skool, to me, sounds pretty close to "classic GN'R".

UYI and CD were both a mix of styles. I don't think GN'R would stop doing that.

/jarmo

the point is: what can they write togheter from 0? it’s not about how they sound…Slash himself is VERY different from 30 years ago… I doubt he could perform a super melodic solo like in estranged without shredding a little bit, for example. Frank is different … Axl’s voice is different. They gonna sound different in any case. But, again, can they really work on something from 0? Cause like I said, playin a solo here and there on an already written song it’s all another animal
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2024, 10:05:12 AM »

Rolling Stones is not a nostalgia act. they just released an album !

ALL legacy bands are ultimately nostalgia acts, whether they release new albums or not.  If the Rolling Stones play a concert of 50,000 people, maybe 2 of them will be attending to hear the new album, and a large number won't even realize they even had a new album.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: