Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:12:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227821 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Duff podcast - "Gn'R taking 2024 off"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Duff podcast - "Gn'R taking 2024 off"  (Read 4454 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2024, 01:55:14 PM »

ALL legacy bands are ultimately nostalgia acts, whether they release new albums or not.  If the Rolling Stones play a concert of 50,000 people, maybe 2 of them will be attending to hear the new album, and a large number won't even realize they even had a new album.

Most bands with new albums out go on tour and play maybe four songs from the album. GN'R doesn't release an album, puts out four singles and played all of them on tour.

the point is: what can they write togheter from 0? it’s not about how they sound…Slash himself is VERY different from 30 years ago… I doubt he could perform a super melodic solo like in estranged without shredding a little bit, for example. Frank is different … Axl’s voice is different. They gonna sound different in any case. But, again, can they really work on something from 0? Cause like I said, playin a solo here and there on an already written song it’s all another animal

Usually when people work together, they give each other feedback.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2024, 06:43:55 PM »

This is where it would be nice if Axl spoke to the fans gave us an idea of what his thoughts are on the future of GNR. Im not asking for timelines like when an album is coming out or whens the next single out. But just get a general no pun intended feel for where Axl is does he feel in this Age of music we are in now does it make sense to come out with a full album does he think releasing singles is the way to go? I say this respectfully about Axl but i do wonder what he does have left vocally speaking the man is in his 60s singing songs he did in his 20s and thats gotta be hard on him. I would love nothing more then new music to continue coming out whether singles or an album. But it would be nice to hear from Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2024, 08:43:59 PM »

I think he's learned from past experiences. Even back in the UYI days, they kept saying it would be out in ___ and then in _____ and then later on in _____ .

Now with the Internet and so on, news travels fast, and whatever you say will be used against you. And there are things that are out of your control that will get blamed on you.

Unfortunately.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2024, 12:46:50 AM »

Most bands with new albums out go on tour and play maybe four songs from the album. GN'R doesn't release an album, puts out four singles and played all of them on tour.

Yes, but that isn't my point.  As I said before, it doesn't really matter if you have new music out or not.

Why do fans in present day come to see the Rolling Stones?  Guns N Roses?  Metallica?  Bruce Springsteen?   In all cases, it's because their old material has stood the test of time, whether there is new material or not.

It's not a matter of right and wrong.  It happens to all bands who reach a certain age.  I just think it's amusing when people try to differentiate their favorite band from other bands by saying "They aren't a nostalgia act!", when in fact 99.9% of fans attend the shows to hear songs from decades ago, whether there is new music or not.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 12:49:23 AM by Bridge » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2024, 07:45:04 AM »

Yes, but that isn't my point.  As I said before, it doesn't really matter if you have new music out or not.

Why do fans in present day come to see the Rolling Stones?  Guns N Roses?  Metallica?  Bruce Springsteen?   In all cases, it's because their old material has stood the test of time, whether there is new material or not.

It's not a matter of right and wrong.  It happens to all bands who reach a certain age.  I just think it's amusing when people try to differentiate their favorite band from other bands by saying "They aren't a nostalgia act!", when in fact 99.9% of fans attend the shows to hear songs from decades ago, whether there is new music or not.

I disagree. I like the stones new music  Grin It had plenty more plays than GNR new singles.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2024, 11:26:24 AM »

This is where it would be nice if Axl spoke to the fans gave us an idea of what his thoughts are on the future of GNR. Im not asking for timelines like when an album is coming out or whens the next single out. But just get a general no pun intended feel for where Axl is does he feel in this Age of music we are in now does it make sense to come out with a full album does he think releasing singles is the way to go? I say this respectfully about Axl but i do wonder what he does have left vocally speaking the man is in his 60s singing songs he did in his 20s and thats gotta be hard on him. I would love nothing more then new music to continue coming out whether singles or an album. But it would be nice to hear from Axl.

Duff has said GN'R are taking this year off, but has also referenced a new song that has been worked on. I don't think there is any need to add anything else. As anyone taking a break or on holiday, Axl should just chill, switch off and enjoy life
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2024, 02:58:13 PM »

I got it. Just pointing out that a new album doesn't necessarily mean 100% new setlist because, as you pointed out, most attendees wanna hear the classic hits.

Nowadays it seems like albums are an excuse to tour. Some artists, like the ones you mentioned don't always need a new album to be able to tour. Sometimes they make it about celebrating the past, like "we're playing this album in order in full on this tour"....

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2024, 02:43:58 PM »

Rolling Stones is not a nostalgia act. they just released an album !

ALL legacy bands are ultimately nostalgia acts, whether they release new albums or not.  If the Rolling Stones play a concert of 50,000 people, maybe 2 of them will be attending to hear the new album, and a large number won't even realize they even had a new album.
Yeah but they've a huge catalog of Albums behind them and even released a new one last year, GnR have 4 original albums which is pathetic considering how long they've been in existence, Duff and Slash have no problems releasing new music with their side projects shame they can't do that with GnR .
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2024, 09:57:15 AM »

Rolling Stones is not a nostalgia act. they just released an album !

Yeah but they've a huge catalog of Albums behind them and even released a new one last year, GnR have 4 original albums which is pathetic considering how long they've been in existence, Duff and Slash have no problems releasing new music with their side projects shame they can't do that with GnR .

I would add that at 60/65 years old you can't be perceived as somebody who has something fresh and new to show. People automatically place this band in history in the "worst" meaning of that. The majority of people or fans won't care about new music coming from these "dinosaurs" (it's what they are at this point), music belongs to the younger generations. 20 years ago i didn't care about a new rolling stones album (and mick jagger was younger than axl and I saw him as an old fart, as much as i respected him...). A 20 years old guy don't care about gnr. They had this window just after the reunion, the hype was still there, shows were good but no, let's waste another shitload of time. Again, Is not that centellinating and saving songs keep that hype high, it's the opposite. It's like that they (he) want to show they are doing something, but we all know they aren't doing shit. If Slash would have signed an exclusive contract with gnr he would have left already, all in with the nuts. I know that at a certain age you even want to enjoy your milions and stay in your hivory tower but you've been doing this ever since i can remember...like u said...4 albums. I mean I don't like people who put out 1 album per year, but cmon now. Long story short: my "fear" is that they won't release anything new (apart from, like i said, the 1 album of cd leftovers + a couple of new songs) because they know that the album will never have a great response from the public. So, knowing that the "artistic part" of gnr has probably gone if they don't see any money coming, they would follow the easiest path, they won't risk any money in any case.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2024, 06:30:37 PM »

What’s the point of bitching in every single post? I don’t get it. I really don’t.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2024, 02:13:45 AM »

What’s the point of bitching in every single post? I don’t get it. I really don’t.
why don’t you ask the same thing to people who are excited or over excited in every single post? You have to rebalance the world somehow. And you can always skip the answer. Plus I’m a bitch so you got your answer  rofl
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2024, 06:23:29 AM »

Fair enough…

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2024, 10:09:33 AM »

Firstly, it's not an apples-to-apples comparison with GNR and Slash/Duff.  Within their solo projects, Slash and Duff call all the shots about what/when/why to record.  It's much easier when it's not a democracy (Chinese or otherwise, pardon the pun).  With GNR, they have to balance all that with Axl's desires.

Secondly..... how long GNR has been in existence?  It can easily be argued that they didn't exist from 1993-2016.  And even if you count the Chinese Democracy era, you have to factor in that the lineup was ever-changing and never stable -- not a suitable atmosphere for writing and recording.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you.  It's just that I've long since grown accustomed to the fact that GNR have never played by any of the rules or supposed "requirements" that other bands do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2024, 05:49:47 AM »

You also have to keep in mind that GN'R is a bit bigger than the solo projects. The name carries more weight, more expectations etc. Not just from fans, but also the business side.

/jarmo

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2024, 02:41:48 PM »

So do you think no singles this year @jarmo?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2024, 06:12:01 AM »

No clue.

If there's no shows, the singles wouldn't really be promoting anything.

/jarmo

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2024, 07:02:57 AM »

No clue.

If there's no shows, the singles wouldn't really be promoting anything.

/jarmo

Well the logic of when the last ones got released seemed off to me. The week the headlined Glasto seemed the time to release perhaps. The promotion of The General came after the tour.

We know monsters is sitting ready to go & presumably Atlas is done. I was hopeful they might release them this year.

Is there nothing coming to push the renewal of “nightrain” membership?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2024, 07:09:03 AM »

Well the logic of when the last ones got released seemed off to me. The week the headlined Glasto seemed the time to release perhaps. The promotion of The General came after the tour.

We know monsters is sitting ready to go & presumably Atlas is done. I was hopeful they might release them this year.

Is there nothing coming to push the renewal of “nightrain” membership?

Perhaps did come out during the North American leg. The General was unfortunately delayed until after the tour.

Nightrain will have new merchandise packages for 2024. Details will be announced when they are finalized.

/jarmo

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2024, 12:31:38 PM »

I’ve kinda moved past the idea that there will ever be a new album.
As fans we’ll never understand how some bands put out new music every year or two and GNR can tour for eight years and not get 10 tracks together for a record. Hell, that last Rolling Stones album was awesome!

Instead they all go do their side projects that no one outside the die hards care about. Sorry, but even if I like some of Slash’s and Duff’s solo work, there is a part of me that resents it. They’re putting their efforts into this stuff rather than GNR. And Axl, a true legend in every sense of the word, but it’s like the guy is allergic to recording studios. Yeah we’ve got four reworked songs released over the past eight years. That’s one song every two years.

They’re just gonna do whatever, who gives a shit if the fans want to hear what they come up with. That’s fine, I hope they are happy with their legacy and their lives. Every song that gets leaked or released is a gift we cherish. But I just don’t think we’ll ever see an album from them. Who knows if they are even capable of making one together?  Yeah I’d love it more than my dog if they put one out, but they don’t seem interested in it. And that’s OK.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2024, 03:46:19 PM »

I’ve kinda moved past the idea that there will ever be a new album.
As fans we’ll never understand how some bands put out new music every year or two and GNR can tour for eight years and not get 10 tracks together for a record. Hell, that last Rolling Stones album was awesome!

Instead they all go do their side projects that no one outside the die hards care about. Sorry, but even if I like some of Slash’s and Duff’s solo work, there is a part of me that resents it. They’re putting their efforts into this stuff rather than GNR. And Axl, a true legend in every sense of the word, but it’s like the guy is allergic to recording studios. Yeah we’ve got four reworked songs released over the past eight years. That’s one song every two years.

They’re just gonna do whatever, who gives a shit if the fans want to hear what they come up with. That’s fine, I hope they are happy with their legacy and their lives. Every song that gets leaked or released is a gift we cherish. But I just don’t think we’ll ever see an album from them. Who knows if they are even capable of making one together?  Yeah I’d love it more than my dog if they put one out, but they don’t seem interested in it. And that’s OK.

Not more than the dog!   hihi

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: