Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose official website?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose official website?  (Read 1607 times)
Gavgnr
VIP

« on: April 17, 2024, 03:22:24 PM »

https://www.officialaxlrose.com/

Shocked

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 03:27:47 PM »

Not sure when an official Axl Rose website was created but here it is

www.officialaxlrose.com

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 03:45:07 PM »

If it's not fake, it's definitely not personal.  Looks good but it's lacking content.  Not sure of the purpose so maybe the GNR site is being redone and this is just a section.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 05:00:29 PM »

It's linked from Axl's Twitter account.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 07:31:27 PM »

Interesting has he a book or Solo Album coming out ?I'm guessing GnR will be on hiatus for a while longer as Slash and Duff are busy with their side projects maybe Axl wants a slice of the action outside the world of GnR.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 08:06:52 PM »

“You gotta learn to live and run or you’ll die trying”

Is this a lyric? New song? Maybe quote from upcoming book and thus reason for website?

Interesting to speculate

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 03:06:33 AM »

“You gotta learn to live and run or you’ll die trying”

Is this a lyric? New song? Maybe quote from upcoming book and thus reason for website?

Interesting to speculate
probably his bio
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 07:58:47 AM »

Yeah, I have to think that, after all these years, theres a reason they launched an official site.  Something has to be coming.  Music (aka a solo side project), a book...something.

Edit:

It's interesting.

Skyline Agency created it.  Site was registered in late March and updated recently. The whois is VERY well "privated", so you actually can't tell who owns it, or who administrates it.

Pings to vercel (hosting company) IP and I think using amazon cloud infrastructure.

Whoever created the site did a good job not giving anything away.  Pretty generic, no external call backs or links...everything is hosted locally in their _astro folder (even the media).

Most artist sites will, if you look at the source code, give some indications to what it's going to promote with links (even if commented out) to their record label, publisher, merch company, or whatever.  This has none of that.

Most artist sites, if you look at the whois (or even if you ping it), you can get an idea of who is involved with the site.  It'll be on some companies infrastructure or have an admin address to contact that gives away who is repping for the site.  Again, this has none of that.

All of this might mean nothing, but it's intriguing.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:21:32 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024, 09:14:14 AM »

Yeah, I have to think that, after all these years, theres a reason they launched an official site.  Something has to be coming.  Music (aka a solo side project), a book...something.

Or he just decided to use this down time from GN'R to launch his personal site, since there's nothing GN'R related happening at the moment that would interfere with it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024, 02:27:24 PM »

Or he just decided to use this down time from GN'R to launch his personal site, since there's nothing GN'R related happening at the moment that would interfere with it?

/jarmo

I mean...maybe?

But I'm not sure why, after 20+ years, you'd do that without having a purpose in mind.  Never mind why you would contract with Skyline (who typically creates sites that promote specific products/endeavors) to do it?

Again, yes, sure, that's possible.  We all know Axl does things his own way, in his own time, for his own reasons....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2024, 02:39:01 PM »

/jarmo

I don't think Axl is the kind to spend his free time playing around on the internet.  And if he is, he should kick his own ass.   hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2024, 02:52:02 PM »

I mean...maybe?

But I'm not sure why, after 20+ years, you'd do that without having a purpose in mind.  Never mind why you would contract with Skyline (who typically creates sites that promote specific products/endeavors) to do it?

Again, yes, sure, that's possible.  We all know Axl does things his own way, in his own time, for his own reasons....

Well, as with everything relating to GN'R, things happen when they happen. This isn't the first time someone asks "Why now? Why not X years ago?"....

/jarmo

KillerK
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2024, 10:37:04 PM »

Cool - that's awesome if true that it's official. A space Axl can have to put out what he wants and maybe by doing so negate unofficial news and ill-sourced publications.

The copy is a bit sloppy for such a colourful lyricist, speaker, and writer as Axl. In fact, it doesn't appear that a native English speaker wrote it as it reads like a run on sentence with "rose" used 3 times. Most native speakers vary their wording and avoid excessive commas. Unless over-using a word purposely to emphasize or remind readers topic or point. In this case, "rose" - a punny intent?

Might I recommend www.thesaurus.com, enter "rise" and consider "rocketed to fame" or "scaled to prominence". Although there's something about climbing to prominence that doesn't sound right as prominence isn't an achievement or goal - it's a state or condition. 

cineater
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2024, 11:25:18 PM »

Cool - that's awesome if true that it's official. A space Axl can have to put out what he wants and maybe by doing so negate unofficial news and ill-sourced publications.

The copy is a bit sloppy for such a colourful lyricist, speaker, and writer as Axl. In fact, it doesn't appear that a native English speaker wrote it as it reads like a run on sentence with "rose" used 3 times. Most native speakers vary their wording and avoid excessive commas. Unless over-using a word purposely to emphasize or remind readers topic or point. In this case, "rose" - a punny intent?

Might I recommend www.thesaurus.com, enter "rise" and consider "rocketed to fame" or "scaled to prominence". Although there's something about climbing to prominence that doesn't sound right as prominence isn't an achievement or goal - it's a state or condition. 

I would have referred to the band as legendary not as an old 80's band.  It maybe Axl's but I don't think it's him.  I think it's Live Nation's official Axl site.  Bad time to be associated with them.  The words antitrust comes to mind in more ways then one.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 03:55:58 PM »

As a fellow grammar Nazi, I was thinking the same thing! Haha!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2024, 04:01:56 PM »

As a fellow grammar Nazi, I was thinking the same thing! Haha!

I am terrible with grammar, but I noticed mistakes too. lol By the way Axl, I have a very good friend that would love to edit your page for free.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2024, 11:50:08 AM »

This is quite interesting, I look forward to see what gets added to it. Maybe a book in the pipeline or solo project? Now that all the demons have been laid to rest and hatchets buried. I doubt Axl will be sitting around doing nothing while Slash and Duff are away touring

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2024, 08:03:27 AM »

You don't create a website just to have a website; there's always an underlying purpose or something to offer.

The question is, what is it? The quote featured on the site is exclusive and can't be found elsewhere, suggesting
it's a personal one that hasn't been shared before. if it's never been shared before, it definitely comes from somewhere:

either it's just for the site, or it comes from a song, or it comes... from a book.

or perhaps it's to introduce a new line of racing apparel, which seems unlikely...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2024, 08:26:53 AM »

You don't create a website just to have a website; there's always an underlying purpose or something to offer.

You can create a web site to just have a web site. I mean, who knows what it could be used for in the future, but you definitely could just create one to have one ready, in case you need one at some unknown point in the future.

Axl has a Twitter (I know it's not called that anymore) account but he doesn't use it as much as others. But it's handy in case he needs it!

Edited to add: I'm aware that some want it to mean something. Everyone's got an opinion and their own logic. But from the comments I've seen, it seems like there can only be two meanings, releasing something or performing in front of audiences. Personally I don't buy that logic.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:00:39 AM by jarmo » Logged

Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2024, 01:18:51 PM »

You can create a web site to just have a web site. I mean, who knows what it could be used for in the future, but you definitely could just create one to have one ready, in case you need one at some unknown point in the future.

Axl has a Twitter (I know it's not called that anymore) account but he doesn't use it as much as others. But it's handy in case he needs it!

Edited to add: I'm aware that some want it to mean something. Everyone's got an opinion and their own logic. But from the comments I've seen, it seems like there can only be two meanings, releasing something or performing in front of audiences. Personally I don't buy that logic.

/jarmo

Well, if you’re telling me there’s no reason to get excited I’m more inclined to take your viewpoint over others’  peace

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: