Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227814 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  A "quote" for all occasions..(did I spell that right?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 80 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A "quote" for all occasions..(did I spell that right?)  (Read 290958 times)
MCT
« on: September 19, 2003, 11:46:59 AM »

This one is for darknemus.............I'm not taking sides with ANYONE in the whole "controversy"........but dark.....I feel your pain..........so this one's for you.......

".........you know how it is when a "king" is angry with an "underling". He might swallow his temper for a day, but he holds it in his heart until later, and it all comes out."
-----------------HOMER---------------"Iliad"-------------------

Make of it what you will..............<cheers>
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 01:24:37 PM by MCT » Logged
MCT
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 05:56:41 PM »

This one is for BabyJenks........ A big Anne Rice fan.....
You see Anne Rice says (in her books) that "beauty" exists in the natural world..............in the "Savage Garden".......

............................I say..........................................

"Beauty is a man-made concept, but it's beautiful"
---------------------------MCT----------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 01:25:47 PM by MCT » Logged
MCT
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 03:01:54 PM »

This one is for the Pope........Billy Graham........Guru Singh.......Budda.........Mother Theresa.........Joan Of Arc......Moses.........Noah........Adam/Eve........David.....Solomon............Samson...........

"I know nothing of God.......or the Devil.......I have never seen a vision nor learned a secret that would damn or save my soul"...............ARMAND...................."Interview With The Vampire"

EDIT: I will also dedicate this to loretian... Tongue
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 01:30:27 PM by MCT » Logged
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 01:46:57 PM »

"The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time.  They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another."  
- Quentin Crisp

One of my favourites:

"Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love."
- Woody Allen.  

"When the authorities warn you of the dangers of having sex, there is an important lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities."
- Matt Groening.  

No.
MCT
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 08:50:10 AM »

This one is for UI.................make of it what you will.......

"Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books, and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three, and you give me a dangerous enemy indeed."

Don't take it entirely literally.........but somewhat figuritively Kiss
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 05:28:44 PM »

I really like that last one...that's awesome.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
MCT
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 06:04:43 PM »

"awesome"...............yeah it is........but don't mistakenly credit me...........

It's Anne Rice love
MCT
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 01:28:22 PM »

"I really don't want to die. I hate being reminded of my own mortality"

EDIT: Had to fix that one.............
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 01:34:34 PM by MCT » Logged
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 03:50:53 PM »

"More and more of our imports are coming from abroad"

"The trouble with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur"

"There ought to be limits to freedom"

All from the incrediblably intelligenance George "Dubya" Bush

This, I just find funny...
"Give build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

PS sorry to lower the tone of the thread, but...I really hate George Bush.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
MCT
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 04:29:20 PM »

lol..........no prob man.......they're pretty funny actually!!!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2003, 08:08:04 PM »

Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche -- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance, my grandmother used to say, 'The black cat is always the last one off the fence.' I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was undoubtedly true.

-Solomon Short

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.

-Solomon Short

I stand on the threshold of tommorow, atop the stairway of yesterday, holding the key to today, staring through the door into the future.

-Nick Lidster
26 May 2003

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 08:37:12 PM »

This one is for UI.................make of it what you will.......

"Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books, and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three, and you give me a dangerous enemy indeed."

Don't take it entirely literally.........but somewhat figuritively Kiss

Well it sure was a mistake to disagree with you.  Roll Eyes

Which I still do by the way.

Oh no, is my intelligence being questioned again?

Pity me.

Don't seem to be able to get enough of bringing me up, do you?  Kiss

Smiley

I could prove myself to you, but I won't for two reasons. One, I don't actually care enough to. And two, I don't have the slightest problem with you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking of Presidents...

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."

Harry S Truman.

Cool quote. It's also very relative to making music....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2003, 08:02:21 AM »

"not directed at ne1 i swear!!""

"STFU n00b"

yes i know that it takes away from this thread for its lack of intelli but i see that GWB posted so that should take care of any problems.... unless ofcourse u dont accept this note then GWB will just invade your ass! LMAO

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2003, 08:16:09 AM »

"a word to teh wise is wasted, teh stupid people are the ones that need it."

yeah guess who  

soloman short

MCT
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2003, 12:07:24 PM »

Well it sure was a mistake to disagree with you.  Roll Eyes

Which I still do by the way.

Oh no, is my intelligence being questioned again?

Pity me.

Don't seem to be able to get enough of bringing me up, do you?  Kiss

Smiley

I could prove myself to you, but I won't for two reasons. One, I don't actually care enough to. And two, I don't have the slightest problem with you.

So you still disagree?..........you know that's weird.......when it was all said and done I thought we agreed.........oh well....

IS YOUR INTELLIGENCE BEING QUESTIONED AGAIN?.......Well perhaps someone is questioning it........but not me.......I never said you were stupid........

As a matter of fact nothing could be further from the truth...........(note however that I didn't say you weren't stubborn Wink)............but all that has been left behind in another thread.........

Another thing that I feel I need to point out......is the fact that you kinda walked into a little trap there.........think about it........if I WAS "questioning your intelligence" (as you put it) I simply would have told you to take the quote literally...........BUT.....I told you to not "take it entirely literally.........but somewhat figuritively"...........so in retrospect you're basically calling yourself stupid by asking the question "is my intelligence being questioned again?".....meaning of course that you took the quote literally.....ignoring my "warning"

You know the ability to read between the lines is a beautiful thing.............

AND..........yes......I do "bring you up" quite frequently.........all due to the way we "got off" in the "other" thread...........now I'm not being an ass and trying to start a "flaming war" like some little kid or something....it's just that you almost made "my" point in the other thread....by the way you initially treated me.....which doesn't bother me btw....as I had a grand time Grin

And as for dedicating a quote to you......don't feel too special........I may single you out a little in other threads (nothing too harsh I might add)...........but this thread..........is simply a way to express/vent/bitch-myself/frustrations/at people............And as you may (or may not) have seen you're not the only one with a dedication..............I simply had this quote kicking around in my head.......and I said "this is perfect for UI".......

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 12:20:05 PM »

"today is a good day to die"

Worf (micheal dorn)

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 04:37:44 PM »

Ahh dude, no trap at all, it was a rhetorrical question.  Smiley

I know that you like the attention, I'm fine with that. And you're pretty funny now and again.  Smiley

We have differeing points of view, there should be no trouble there.  Cheesy

I was just trying to stay.....In the spirit.

It wouldn't be as fun if I conceded now, would it?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2003, 04:39:27 PM »

"The complaints department is now closed."

Zakk Wylde

Edit: He talks A LOT of crap, but I guess it was only a matter of time before something came out of his mouth that made sense... Wink
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 04:42:33 PM by Miz » Logged

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2003, 05:38:38 PM »

"perhaps today is not a good day to die"

Worf

axls_locomotive
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 06:17:40 PM »

"perhaps today is not a good day to die"

Worf

lmao  Grin

Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
Picard

"That's the problem with believing in a supernatural being. Trying to determine what he wants."
Troi

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 80 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: