Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  fred durst is not an asshole, he kicks fucking ass!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: fred durst is not an asshole, he kicks fucking ass!  (Read 15701 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2003, 12:58:31 PM »

his music is quite simply atrociouse.

You sum it up exactly..people hate Fred Durst cos he is rubbish and pretends he isn't. I am ashamed of my Limp Bizkit album.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2003, 03:14:08 PM »

well their has been nothing but absolute crap on the gnr thread so i figured maybe this would spark some sort of intresting debate, The doors although i like them i feel are pre nirvana as in they are more famous do to Jim Morrison's bizarre antics then the actual music which is great but still a little below all the hype

led zepplin i totally hate robert plant, i cant get into him at all, jimmy page is cool but i just dont like robert plant.

personally give me the chili peppers over any of these bands, they havent changed the world but they are probably the best band around right now, not coldplay not radio head the fuckin chili peppers.

u have to remember also just cause it doesnt change your world doesnt mean it doesnt change someone elses. millions of people relate to Fred and his music, thats like me sure i know the Beatles,rolling stones, led zepplin etc are legends and the founders etc but i just dont dig their music. i dont know why i just dont, jimi hendrix same way, i just cant get into it, i apologize for my tastes in music, but id take bon jovi's worse cd over led zepplin or the stones best cd, does that make me a moron or stupid, no it doesnt its just my taste.

stoned maids i figure u would understand more than anyone, i mean u are still a super champion supporter of skid row im sure u would get alot of flack from people so u know as long as the music is important to u then thats all that matters.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2003, 03:29:34 PM »

well their has been nothing but absolute crap on the gnr thread so i figured maybe this would spark some sort of intresting debate, The doors although i like them i feel are pre nirvana as in they are more famous do to Jim Morrison's bizarre antics then the actual music which is great but still a little below all the hype

led zepplin i totally hate robert plant, i cant get into him at all, jimmy page is cool but i just dont like robert plant.

personally give me the chili peppers over any of these bands, they havent changed the world but they are probably the best band around right now, not coldplay not radio head the fuckin chili peppers.

u have to remember also just cause it doesnt change your world doesnt mean it doesnt change someone elses. millions of people relate to Fred and his music, thats like me sure i know the Beatles,rolling stones, led zepplin etc are legends and the founders etc but i just dont dig their music. i dont know why i just dont, jimi hendrix same way, i just cant get into it, i apologize for my tastes in music, but id take bon jovi's worse cd over led zepplin or the stones best cd, does that make me a moron or stupid, no it doesnt its just my taste.

stoned maids i figure u would understand more than anyone, i mean u are still a super champion supporter of skid row im sure u would get alot of flack from people so u know as long as the music is important to u then thats all that matters.

I see where you're coming from i mean i get flack for liking GN'R, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, KISS, Poison, M?tley Cr?e & Hanoi Rocks.  The only bands i like that i get no flack for tend to be Nine Inch Nails and Metallica if you're a fan of only the old stuff.  Thing is when you have an idea about someone you fail to see others i mean i cannot see why people over 13 or 14 like Limp Bizkit i mean i used to but i grew up but that is just my view no offence is intended.  I have bands though for different moods and emotions and get different things from them.  To totally rock out AFD and Illusion GN'R, 80s Metallica, M?tley Cr?e, Skid Row, weird thought provoking moods Illusions GN'R and NIN, emotional times Generation Swine M?tley Cr?e, Illusions GN'R and Bon Jovi and if i wanna have a laugh with a bit of cheese Bon Jovi, KISS, Poison, Hanoi Rocks & M?tley Cr?e Grin
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2003, 03:47:59 PM »

well
u have to admit that LB music, is not that good ok, kinda always the same..
but it kinda groovy....  Grin

i mean, its entertaining, good simple pop rythm, good for driving too.
good whil u are snowboarding or skating ...

people says FD is fake.....well if he was REAL...would he be cool ? if he was really a skateboard fan and all ? would ulike it ?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2003, 04:11:11 PM »

u all are missing my point, im not sayin he is like a king or that he is great im just sayin i think he gets a lot of undeserved flack from people. my point if when u are lifting weights what have u or jogging that shit gets u fired up! some music is meant to try to spread a message and change the world but limp bizkit are to have a good time to and to just get fired up with.

their is music for different and all sorts of occassions, i agree stoned but i dont see how u can like a band then all of a sudden just stop cause they arent "cool" anymore or what have u.

reminds me of a friend in high school, year before nirvana me and him were tradin out bon jovi tapes etc, year later he is wearin all flannel and all of a sudden bon jovi suck, im like u loved them last year, that is what they call a poser, if i like a band i always like that band regardless of who thinks im stupid for doing so, i have received so much flack cause of my obsession and loyalty to prince but i could care less cause i know deep down the people who hate on me for liking prince the people they listen to cant hold prince's left nut on any instrument or style.

if im pissed off in a bad mood or into it with a chick, break stuff, and now even "eat u alive" is a great scream at u, suck my dick type song, i use it for exactly that purpose.

u look at the white stripes, i like them but what the fuck are they talkin about? but they are different and sort of artsy so they are safe for people to love cause its the "cool" thing to do, im not here to be cool i defend to the end who i like whether anyone else agrees or not. thats how it should be, if u love a band dont let anyone make u feel dumb, dont let anyone change your mind, i stand by who i like regardless of how "dumb" or "moronic" i may look.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2003, 04:18:11 PM »

Dude like i said i grew up, people's taste change it has nothing to do with following popular bands if i was like that i would not admit to liking Poison or KISS that gets me much more flack than liking Limp Bizkit.  Put simply i got really bored of Limp Bizkit really quickly and when i discovered GN'R there was no way back for Fred i had discovered decent music
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2003, 04:28:49 PM »

lmmfao! their u go stoned lol!  hey its music im sure u guys like bands that i hate and think are shit, so really its not cool to insult us morons if we like fred, their are alot worse bands out their

I really can't think of anyone worse than Limp Bizkit in all honesty at least we both agree GN'R and Bon Jovi are class

Bon Jovi n' GNR kick ass!!!
Just like The Darkness!!
And Jimi Hendrix- who is a SUPER legend!!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2003, 08:31:07 PM »

Have you ever seen the start of the 'Rollin' video, when he talks to the camera for a sec?  That's why.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Oh come on, am I the only one that found that fucking hilarious??

Fred's a balding dork:

1.  The posts he makes on his website.
2.  The Britney thing.
3.  Begging Wes Borland to come back to the band.
4.  Clothes in the "Get Naked" video... he's obviously afraid of something.
5.  3? 4? album's worth of shitty music.
Basically his entire career.

The only redeeming quality of Fred Durst is the song Rearranged.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2003, 09:02:20 PM »

Have you ever seen the start of the 'Rollin' video, when he talks to the camera for a sec?  That's why.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Fred's a balding dork:

2.  The Britney thing.

at least he posts on his website though, i mean shit at least he keeps people informed and stays close to fans, u guys act like cause he is famous he isnt allowed to have feelings or emotions. what guy on here wouldve turned down britney spears? he is balding wow he is the only rock star balding isnt he, he has no control over that but "hair" has never been part of his image anyway.

so what he begged wes to come back, at least fred could see his faults and tried to write a wrong and get Wes back, unlike Axl who is to stubborn to admit how big a piece slash was to guns n roses

the clothes in get naked, next to tommy lee any man is gonna appear out of place so who cares if he wore clothes.

the music that is optional, like every band theyve had hits and misses

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2003, 10:20:05 PM »

Just when I thought your comments couldn?t get any worse...you put The Doors, Zeppelin and that band that starts with an L.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2003, 06:10:50 AM »

Just when I thought your comments couldn?t get any worse...you put The Doors, Zeppelin and that band that starts with an L.

im sittin here listening to "results may vary" im telling u people this cd rocks, i dont care its my fav cd by them so far, its so much different then the other cd's, way way different! stand out tracks so far are "eat you alive",behind blue eyes" lonely world" lay me down is so killer, underneath the gun, gimme the mic, phenomenon rocks ive only listened to around half, im tellin u all this doesnt disappoint, it gets u bobbing!

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2003, 09:45:02 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Fred's a balding dork:

2.  The Britney thing.

Yeah i like Rearranged 2!

They are NO MATCH TO GNR!!!!!!!
Cuumonnnnn da GUNNERS!!!!!!!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2003, 04:47:02 PM »

of course they arent anywhere near Guns n roses' league, make no mistake about that i probably like gnr's worst song better than Limp's best im just sayin i think Limp gets alot of undeserved flack. im not sayin they are the greatest band in the world but Limp bizkit and Linkin Park get alot of flack and i think they are both 2 kick ass new bands.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2003, 05:18:45 PM »

There are several  countries in the eastern Europe  where supreme court usually judges you  mutilated to death by insane psycho monkeys if you,for  some twisted rason beyond the logic of everyone else in this universe, state a horrible atrocity like   "Fred Durst Isn't an asshole."
The fact that Durst is a 12-year old spoiled little prick in a man's body doesn't really bother me..
But the music.The lyrics.The voice.
O' holy god in heaven,the lyrics...Sad

Hmm..
Earth is flat.
There are cities in moon inhabited by green&small aliens who have  fairly  advanced dildo-technology.
Fred Durst Is not an asshole.He kicks ass.
George W. Bush will win  The next Nobel Peace prize.
Finnish soccer team will make it next year.

Ah well, whatever shakes your boat  Smiley
To each his own and blahblahblah.

Trent Reznor's most amusing thoughts on Fred Durst:
(Taken From Kerrang!)
Reznor: "It's one thing if you know your place, like, 'Hey, I'm an idiot who makes shitty music but people buy it, fuck it, I'm having fun.' But it's another thing when you think you're David Bowie after you've stayed up all night to write a song called 'Break Stuff.'"

Reznor laughs, injecting contempt into every word. "I mean, Fred Durst probably spelt the word "break" wrong the first few times." Fred Durst might be a cool guy, I don't know him. But his 'art' (in the word's loosest sense) sucks."

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2003, 12:56:14 AM »

oh yeah and trent's "i wanna fuck u like an animal is so beatlesque Roll Eyes

i smell a hater, i think trent is pissed cause he may be more talented than fred but fred has probably outsold him 3 to 1 on cd's at least 2 to 1, stop hatin trent and worry bout yourself!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2003, 12:54:16 PM »

Hey Trent is great he just ain't a comercial asshole like Fred you picked merely one line listen to something like 'Hurt' by Trent anyway he was making the point about knowing your place e.g. Fred thinks he's like God he ain't Trent doesn't have his head up his arse like that
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

Man can you get any more....lame?

Fred compare to Trent knows nothing. Let?s face it, Durst has the worst voice(if you can call it that) out there.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2003, 08:28:28 PM »

trent just like when kurt was slaggin on guns n roses i think its juvenile and totallyuncool to slag another artist simply cause they outsell u, so what if fred doesnt have the best voice i personally think trent's voice is shit. his music is nice but i cant relate to any of it so i basically wouldnt give a bucket of donkeypiss for a NIN"S cd, they may be great they may be cutting edge but i dont relate, sorry i just dont, and im not "lame" way to insult someone which is the thing to do when u cant converse intelligently

i dont see what trent has ever done so great that he has the right to fire his guns, judge, and put down other artists

whats so special about trent? what he makes industrial type shit, plays most of the instruments by himself? that artist came out 25 years ago his name is prince and not only does he play every instrument including drums, horns,etc he also plays every different genre of music and plays it proficiently where as trent is basically what one two styles?

bottom line i dont care if its eminem dissing britney spears i think it makes u look just as dumb as the artist u are slaggin by even acknowledging them. if eminem stands the test of time and nsync dont, 20 years people are gonna be like who is this nsync he is insulting?

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2003, 10:27:02 PM »

Don?t talk about artists talking crap about ?cause Durst has done so lots of times, he has talked crap about Metallica, who were masters of a movement and about the Chili Peppers who basically paved the way for them and started doing what Limp is now doing.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2003, 01:05:57 AM »

Don?t talk about artists talking crap about ?cause Durst has done so lots of times, he has talked crap about Metallica, who were masters of a movement and about the Chili Peppers who basically paved the way for them and started doing what Limp is now doing.

what did he say bout the chili peppers? damn if he said something about them he is a dip shit cause the chili peppers are the greatest band around today, was that metallica comment around the whole napster issue? remember limp supported napster did free concerts dont let the bad shit fred's done over shadow some of the good stuff.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: