Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:06:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Piazza responds to Axl (IRS related)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Piazza responds to Axl (IRS related)  (Read 28061 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: September 27, 2003, 05:33:02 PM »

New York Post (newspaper), Saturday, September 27, 2003

MET NOTES
By MICHAEL MORRISSEY

After Mike Piazza and his radio DJ fried Eddie Trunk played some unauthorized Guns N? Roses a few weeks back, the group quickly gave them a cease-and-desist order.

Piazza, who received the yet-unreleased song ?I.R.S.? anonymously through the mail, expressed sincere regret that the song was probably pirated.  He said he understands musicians? rights, but couldn?t resist returning fire at Axl Rose, who posted a short creed on his website that said he was a Yankee fan who supported Roger Clemens.

?That?s disappointing.  It shows you how out of touch he is,? Piazza quipped.

end quote

Sounds to me like Piazza is pissed because Axl (or whoever wrote the quote attributed to Axl) hit the nail right on the head as hard as Clemens hit Piazza on the head.  Looks like Axl struck a raw nerve with Piazza that must feel to him like he?s just been struck out by Clemens.  hihi

YANKEES ROCK!!!   GUNS N? ROSES RULE!!!

And this is what Bob Murphy and Axl should do to Piazza:

****Piazza*****

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 05:45:41 PM »

Axl Rose, who posted a short creed on his website that said he was a Yankee fan who supported Roger Clemens.

Excuse me?? Huh What website? The secret website with that supposed Axl's comment? I've never seen that "comment"...except in that RS article. I'm wondering where they got that comment and what the hell are they talking about by referring to "Axl's website"... confused

PS: no offense to Gypsy of course, that's a reaction intended towards the article and the person who wrote it. Wink
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 05:46:56 PM by Will » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 05:47:44 PM »

It's worrying that it took piazza that long to make up a comeback, and with a bad comeback at that.
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 07:34:57 PM »

I still wanna hear IRS.... Anyway I thought what Axl said was funny shit about it. Although I still find this story and strip club one odd not saying it never happened but with strippers and mike hearing new material just out of the ordinary...

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2003, 08:09:36 PM »

I think that both comments are made up.  I also think that IRS doesn't exist.  ok
seniorabreu
Rocker

Sitting in a Chinese Stew!

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 10:28:58 PM »

I am beginning to think it doesn't exist either.  It would be on the net by now  peace
Dizzy
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 11:00:23 PM »

I've smelled bullshit from the beginning on this issue.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2003, 11:26:43 PM »

this makes no sense because how could piazza return fire at axl? axl didnt make those comments before the airing of the song...and we dont even know if he really said that...this is all bullshit because its not like axl started it...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2003, 08:20:54 PM »

I'm new to the forum, just wondering I read a post in another forum that asked if Mike Piazza was ever in Axl's recording studio? Is that true?
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2003, 10:50:08 PM »

this makes no sense because how could piazza return fire at axl? axl didnt make those comments before the airing of the song...and we dont even know if he really said that...this is all bullshit because its not like axl started it...

I know that doesn't make any sense. I don't think that Axl said that. Doesn't seem true.. no

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 08:21:23 AM »

What fuckin' website? Sounds like Piazza has yet to recover from that Clemens fastball to the head.
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 01:58:09 AM »

Is it just me or does something smell fishy, first of what is AXl's website  in which he posted that shit, which was funny IMO, and then like three weeks after we here something from Piazza, hmmmm, this whole IRS shit has smelled to much like an intentional leak from the fucking beging if you ask me, a way to measure if the time is right, or god knows what,

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2003, 08:31:39 PM »

The whole thing was set up. imo. And their comments are very sarcastic. Do those really sound like digs to you, or two guys playing around? Roll Eyes

The website comment could have been a mix up, with Axl's statement and eddies website.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 11:12:48 AM »

Piazza is full of crap.  If he has IRS then proove it.  Release 5 seconds of it, and stop being a fraud.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2003, 12:50:07 AM »

It sounds like something Axl would say.  hihi

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 02:43:12 PM »

IRS was never released was it, its all a load of crap..whats worse is some people came on this site and said they had heard it. The only question is why?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
misreadingpeople
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 12:55:00 AM »

Axl Rose, who posted a short creed on his website that said he was a Yankee fan who supported Roger Clemens.

Excuse me?? Huh What website? The secret website with that supposed Axl's comment? I've never seen that "comment"...except in that RS article. I'm wondering where they got that comment and what the hell are they talking about by referring to "Axl's website"... confused

PS: no offense to Gypsy of course, that's a reaction intended towards the article and the person who wrote it. Wink

*sigh* you guys can't comprehend basic english... anyway.  they meant axl posted on mike piazza's (or at least someone who claimed was axl) posted on MIKE'S site, not on AXL'S site... you guys tend to read what you want and reply to it....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2004, 06:21:54 PM »

*sigh* you guys can't comprehend basic english... anyway.  they meant axl posted on mike piazza's (or at least someone who claimed was axl) posted on MIKE'S site, not on AXL'S site... you guys tend to read what you want and reply to it....

Actually, it seems as if youre the one who doesnt comprehend basic english.  Axl Rose was the subject of that particular sentence, so "his" would be referring to Axl.  

If youre going to resurrect a thread thats been dead for months to critique reading comprehension skills, at least have your shit straight.

Also, does Mike Piazza even have a site?  If he does, its preposterous to think that Axl would post on it, or that a newspaper would run a story based on a screen name "Axl Rose".  
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 03:48:19 PM »

No offense dude but read the whole thread again, you might understand why Booker explained to you the reasoning behind my post. Oh well, 4 months later I don't really think it's that important anyway...

Crowebar
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 09:51:59 AM »

*sigh* you guys can't comprehend basic english... you guys tend to read what you want and reply to it....

Exactly.  ok

A lot of HTGTH members do that man. Skip through and hardly pay attention to anything and then just start firing from the hip with a bunch of uneducated bullshit.

Happens a lot on this board.  Huh no
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: