Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Dave Navarro talks about RS 100 greatest guitarists of all time list, Slash....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dave Navarro talks about RS 100 greatest guitarists of all time list, Slash....  (Read 9339 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 29, 2003, 10:41:42 AM »

Liisa Ladouceur of The Toronto Eye recently spoke with JANE'S ADDICTION guitarist Dave Navarro about the fact that Navarro didn't make it onto Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. "I was shocked, until I found out that Slash wasn't in there either," Dave said. "So I don't feel so bad. As far as living legends go, I think he's at the top of his game. I've played with him and worked with him and he's a mind-blowing guitar player." The remark brought up JANE'S' perceived rivalry with GUNS N' ROSES in the mid-'80s, which Navarro says never really was. "There was a perception that there was a GUNS/JANE'S rivalry. There really wasn't," Navarro insisted. "We just came from different worlds. They were from the Sunset Strip rocker world. We were from the alternative world. We were both coming up at the same time and I think there were times when they wanted to do shows with us but we wanted to keep it on a more alternative level. Since then, JANE'S has learned that there is a musical community and it's unnecessary to have rivals in something as sacred as creativity."  

Source(s): http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/  

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 01:34:03 PM »

who made this RS chart? Just curious 'cause it's fucked up. Slash and Navarro didn't get to the list...what a joke!
The Bedouin
Rocker

only god can judge me

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 02:00:04 PM »

Liisa Ladouceur of The Toronto Eye recently spoke with JANE'S ADDICTION guitarist Dave Navarro about the fact that Navarro didn't make it onto Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 greatest guitarists of all time. "I was shocked, until I found out that Slash wasn't in there either," Dave said. "So I don't feel so bad. As far as living legends go, I think he's at the top of his game. I've played with him and worked with him and he's a mind-blowing guitar player." The remark brought up JANE'S' perceived rivalry with GUNS N' ROSES in the mid-'80s, which Navarro says never really was. "There was a perception that there was a GUNS/JANE'S rivalry. There really wasn't," Navarro insisted. "We just came from different worlds. They were from the Sunset Strip rocker world. We were from the alternative world. We were both coming up at the same time and I think there were times when they wanted to do shows with us but we wanted to keep it on a more alternative level. Since then, JANE'S has learned that there is a musical community and it's unnecessary to have rivals in something as sacred as creativity."  

Source(s): http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/  

/jarmo

well said
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 07:12:57 PM »

Navarro is fucking awesome, im really getting into Janes Addiction solely because of his guitar work, its o much like Slash and he really doesnt belong in alternative band!

No offence Adz, ive got bags of respect for FInck but i would prefer to Navarro in Finks place.

Axlhogg
popcorn
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 12:05:16 PM »

Wow, that's some pretty high praise coming from a true peer of Slash's.

Velvet Revolver opening for Jane's wouldn't be to bad of a show(duh), assuming we get a VR cd this winter.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 07:59:40 PM »

Wow, that's some pretty high praise coming from a true peer of Slash's.

Velvet Revolver opening for Jane's wouldn't be to bad of a show(duh), assuming we get a VR cd this winter.

Dave and Slash are good friends, they play a lot together in Camp Freddy. Dave have all of the guys in VR except Scott listed in the thank you notes on the Strays album. ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
theblues
Bad Brad
VIP

Jason Becker rules

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 08:34:25 PM »

Dave is fuckin awesome.....

God gave us great music - Thanks to GnR that is
axl_n_slash2008
Opening Act

I love guns n roses!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 10:26:21 AM »

who made this RS chart? Just curious 'cause it's fucked up. Slash and Navarro didn't get to the list...what a joke!

yea we should go kick their ass
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 02:31:35 PM »

Was Buckethead in that list?

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 09:18:39 PM »

No

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 09:20:52 AM »

Was Buckethead in that list?

dont think BH is on many lists.... those lists are only popular guitarists... and buckethead isnt THAT popular...  im sure when he breakthrough with GNR he will be all over the lists!  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 10:20:16 AM »

Seriously what type of wanker goes....I was shocked to find out that I wasnt considered in the best 100 gutarists of all time??? I love Janes Addiction but Dave Navarro is a hollywood posuer

These things seem all ego driven and based mainly on top 100 posuers of all time . Plus seem to be very USA based.....and totally forget all the awesome and influentual non US guitarists.....dunno bout this one but normally

blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2004, 03:17:26 PM »

Seriously what type of wanker goes....I was shocked to find out that I wasnt considered in the best 100 gutarists of all time??? I love Janes Addiction but Dave Navarro is a hollywood posuer

These things seem all ego driven and based mainly on top 100 posuers of all time . Plus seem to be very USA based.....and totally forget all the awesome and influentual non US guitarists.....dunno bout this one but normally

I totally agree with all of that. Hell, if I was even considered for one of those things I'd be extremely honoured.

And remember kids, lists prove absolutely nothing.  Grin

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: