Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:46:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  4 Reasons Not to Bother to Wait for W. Axl Rose
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 Reasons Not to Bother to Wait for W. Axl Rose  (Read 16246 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2003, 09:51:27 PM »

And let's not forget...

"In June.  God willing, we will release it in June." --- Axl, following the Rio show in January 2001  Roll Eyes

Thanks Sky, I couldn't have answered any better, especially since I can barely read half of his grammatically atrocious posts.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2003, 09:59:24 PM »

First off, I don't know where in writing that said  axl promised that the cd would be out.. I always assume he hoped... I could be wrong anyway I think dizzy Reed sums up this topic...

He fucking said it himself.... sure it's not in writing, but he (as well as every other band member) has said it several times.

If he only *hopes* that it will be out then, he shouldn't say it so confidently.

Then he goes and runs his mouth about Slash lying...
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2003, 10:06:33 PM »

Well you know what... if you think that a song like Silkworms is on the same level as the old GN'Rs stuff, you are a VERY small minority, and that opinion is probably swayed by the fact that it's your favourite band.  Were Limp Bizkit or something to release that song, you would be more likely to say "That's why they suck so much".....

Anyways, if the new GN'R's music isn't as quality as the old band, then I will agree 100 fucking percent with the people that say Axl should've changed the band name.  If he puts out an album full of shitty songs like Silkworms and Oh My God, then he will fucking ruin the name Guns N' Roses.

Aaaah, but now you're assuming a lot. i posted something along these lines a long time ago... I wasn't a fan of GnR until i got the EoD soundtrack. I downloaded and burned the soundtrack for a girl. Back then (as a result of my unfounded bias) GnR were, to me, a cheesy 80s rock band. I partially remembered Sweet Child, Jungle and November Rain. When i heard OMG, i thought it was ridiculous(again because of my bias). GnR was pathetic to relative, "Slash is trying way too hard copy new styles", they were supposed to be some cheesy 80s rock band. At the back of my mind though, i liked the song. i kept on coming back to it and really dug it. That's when i first discovered GnR; i then visited mygnr and HTGTH. Then new band and OMG made me a fan. As i listen to(and make) electronic and rock music, this band was it. No other band has a sound like Silkworms or Riyadh.

If GnR actually did stick together, they'd be like the Stones or Aerosmith. In the 90s (93-97) grunge and alternative ruled. Nobody(youth, especially in the USA) would cared for their new songs, as GnR was viewed as dated. My brother bought AFD in 88, but hated GnR after the cheesy november rain video and their image of excess. This was the cass with the majority of teens. Everybody was into Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana...etc. Like the Stones or Aerosmith, the vaste majority of people wouldn't have cared much for new songs. Their audience would be a little older than the alternative audience. They would've toured like they toured in 2002; people came to hear the old songs. The majority of fans were from the GnR era, not the alternative/grunge era. That's the thing.

Personally, i could care less if they reunited. I want something new. We already have AFD.
Dizzy
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2003, 10:13:41 PM »

If GnR actually did stick together, they'd be like the Stones or Aerosmith. Like the Stones or Aerosmith, the vaste majority of people wouldn't have cared much for new songs.

Perhaps you'd better check the charts.  Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones did quite well sales-wise in the 1990s.  And they continue to sell out tours around the world.  I saw Aerosmith last month and 31,000 people were there.  I didn't see the Stones, because I couldn't get a decent seat to see them when they came to FedEx field in D.C.  I think that show sold around 80-85,000.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 10:14:49 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2003, 10:32:49 PM »

Perhaps you'd better check the charts.  Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones did quite well sales-wise in the 1990s.  And they continue to sell out tours around the world.  I saw Aerosmith last month and 31,000 people were there.  I didn't see the Stones, because I couldn't get a decent seat to see them when they came to FedEx field in D.C.  I think that show sold around 80-85,000.

Yes and I recently saw the Rolling Stones and Ac/Dc perform for abot 450,000 people... That's what?? more than twice what Axl played for at Rio??... and if you don't want AFD, then why are you so supportive of the new band, they play the entire CD in concert!!  You think 200,000 Brazilians came to hear Silkworms for an encore?  I hope that Axl does progress with his music, but it needs to be as good or better then the old material.... If Oh My God is what he's trying to do.... then all they will be is a cheesy 80's rock band that's trying to stay up with the times.  They will not have many fans either.....

Oh, and I think the Kiss and Aerosmith tour is the biggest one out right now (aside from Bruce maybe?)....

Steven Tyler said it best: "Rock N Roll has a grandfather, and they are the Rolling Stones... they had a son, and they were called Aerosmith, and now Aerosmith has a son, and they are Guns N' Roses."..... I don't want to see that son turn into a punk teenager.  beer
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

Cause silence isn't golden if you're holding it in inside...

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2003, 01:54:07 AM »

I don't know why haters post here in the first place. Why are you here? If you see no future for GNR then why do you bother coming here creating and posting threads that concern the new band?

I think people who post here are bothered and show that they really care about the Guns n' Roses name. They don't just "go" for the ride.

It doesnt make sense. Most of you are probably upset that Axls gonna ruin the GNR name but its not like you actually change anything by coming here and telling ppl that theyre never gonna make it.

At least they are expressing how they feel. What better way then at a Guns n' Roses site. Its obvious they are concerned about the fate of Guns n' Roses.

Afterall, shouldnt u be happy that Axls screwing everything up since you only support the old guys? I dont know what the bashers are so upset about, you should be happy cuz everything seems to be going ur way right now with no news and delays.

Who says they only support the old guys? The bashers are upset that Axl's ego has stretched to the size of a watermellon. And there doesn't seem anyway of it reducing it in size. I wish he would come to his senses but at this point, I don't think he has any left. Guns n' Roses was a great band. The Guns n' Roses of today isn't half of that.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 01:57:22 AM by Mr. Brownstone » Logged

Cars are crashin' everynight,
I drink n' drive everythings in sight,
I make the fire but I miss the firefight,
I hit the bull's eye everynight
It's so easy, easy...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2003, 07:43:52 AM »

"These are dates that I have personally approved and for better or worse, we'll be there." - Axl Rose about Guns N' Roses tour.   Roll Eyes

This is a collection of performances I've agreed to. That I have personally authorized not someone else's good intentions gone awry or a reckless promoter's personal agenda. These shows are important to us and for better or worse we'll be there.

August 2002 before the Asia/Europe tour.

They didn't cancel any of those shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2003, 07:46:58 AM »

Certain bands sell on the fact that they've been around for a while. Pearl Jam sells out shows but their records doesn't top any charts. The fact that they sold out MSG doesn't make them the world's biggest band.

I don't think people go see The Stones or Aeromisth to hear a set with 90% songs from the last two studio albums. They want to hear the classics.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2003, 08:32:12 AM »

he is a musical geniuos

Please explain
madagas
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2003, 08:55:45 AM »

Booker, you didn't know that being 40% responsible (the percentage thing done back during the Adler litigation) for the creation of 45-50 original songs of released material in 15 years makes you a "genius"? Come on.......heavy heavy sarcasm......Mozart is a genius...Miles Davis is a genius....Bob Dylan......emphatically NOT Axl Rose!!!! Genius is a term WAY overused in the music business. rant
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2003, 09:24:03 AM »

Booker, you didn't know that being 40% responsible (the percentage thing done back during the Adler litigation) for the creation of 45-50 original songs of released material in 15 years makes you a "genius"? Come on.......heavy heavy sarcasm......Mozart is a genius...Miles Davis is a genius....Bob Dylan......emphatically NOT Axl Rose!!!! Genius is a term WAY overused in the music business. rant

For real

Dont get me wrong, I personally think Axls the greatest rock frontman ever, and thats saying a lot.  Hes an amazing vocalist and lyricist, but that doesnt make him a "musical genius".  If he was the sole writer for every Guns N' Roses song, it would be different, but we know that GNRs work was very much a collaboration of great talents.  In fact, the only song that I can think of that was written completely by Axl Rose is the "November Rain" piano demo.  Songs like "November Rain" and "Estranged" may have been written mostly by Axl, but those guitar parts are invaluable to both and those werent written by him.  

So if anybody can offer up an explanation of Roses muscal genius, Id love to hear it.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2003, 10:26:49 AM »

This is a collection of performances I've agreed to. That I have personally authorized not someone else's good intentions gone awry or a reckless promoter's personal agenda. These shows are important to us and for better or worse we'll be there.

August 2002 before the Asia/Europe tour.

They didn't cancel any of those shows.

Ok, well if that was in only in regards to the six dates they played, then fine... I mentioned before that small tour was the only good thing the new GN'R had done.  Too bad Axl couldn't keep the same attitude for North America.
madagas
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2003, 10:37:37 AM »

Booker, Breakdown-Estranged-November Rain were all written on piano by Axl. We just don't have a demo from Estranged and Breakdown but they were written the same way. hihi
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2003, 11:05:18 AM »

Do you think that if Estranged had been held off of Illusions, and was one of the songs on the 'fabled' Chinese Democracy album, that it would be 1/10th the song it is right now without the guitar arraingment written by Slash?
Axl would have handed his 'Masterpiece' over to the "new" band and it would have become a song full of whistles, clicks, electronic farts, 2500 beat per minute shred solo's............That to me screams the fact that Axl isn't going to be the Song writting genius he is made out to be without the likes of Izzy an Slash.........."genius is environmental"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

how can u say axl is doing this wrong? WHO THE FUCK ARE U TO SAY THAT? I JUST DONT GET IT. ARE U A MUSIC EXPERT? OR U A MARKETER?

when exactely has something liek this been done before that u can compare it and say "oh axl is doing this all wroing" exactely no1 has ever done this before.
just because the album isnt out because some fucker on the interenet says its done and makes countless dates doesnt mean its axls fault. and no axl shouldnt come out and comment after ever fukin rumor. and know he shouldnt come out with a release date , u know why because there isnt one. its not fukin ready yet.

and as far as teh comments that ahve been made. never have i read axl saying a specific date. god willing next year means fukin if everything works out then yea next year...obiviously it wasnt ready so that year has passed.... all u people who love the old thats cool but fukin it makes no sense to hate this new band and what they are about to do be put down...

and for the songs we have heard ...its a matter of taste...we havnt heard the studio versions yet. no shit omg,rhiad, and silworms arent what u are all used to...but ur all so ignorant that u dismiss them and this new era...thats is why they basically broke up...because the old era doesnt want to explore and advance.... the reason i know this will work is because axl has taken his sweet motherfukin ass time putting a new sound together that will fit with the past but will be a lot better.....

again u all hate axl or the new gnr because there is no fan communication or any release dayes...to that i say ur all pussies....go listen to fukin slash solo album and dload them jamming together the other day...theres ur music fix

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2003, 12:19:38 PM »

Do you think that if Estranged had been held off of Illusions, and was one of the songs on the 'fabled' Chinese Democracy album, that it would be 1/10th the song it is right now without the guitar arraingment written by Slash?
Axl would have handed his 'Masterpiece' over to the "new" band and it would have become a song full of whistles, clicks, electronic farts, 2500 beat per minute shred solo's............That to me screams the fact that Axl isn't going to be the Song writting genius he is made out to be without the likes of Izzy an Slash.........."genius is environmental"
---------
how can u fukin say that...how can u base what the new band can do after only hearing a couple of songs...jsut because some rumor says the albums is techno or what not doesnt mean its true.....how can u fukin critisize some1 if u have no work from them....when cd comes out then if u dont liek it and how they play u can make a comment liek that...asshole

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2003, 02:21:49 PM »

how can u fukin say that...how can u base what the new band can do after only hearing a couple of songs...jsut because some rumor says the albums is techno or what not doesnt mean its true.....how can u fukin critisize some1 if u have no work from them....when cd comes out then if u dont liek it and how they play u can make a comment liek that...asshole

Come on little guy, calm down with the hosility.  

Can you explain to me Axls musical genius?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2003, 04:53:22 PM »

how can u say axl is doing this wrong? WHO THE FUCK ARE U TO SAY THAT? I JUST DONT GET IT. ARE U A MUSIC EXPERT? OR U A MARKETER?

when exactely has something liek this been done before that u can compare it and say "oh axl is doing this all wroing" exactely no1 has ever done this before.
just because the album isnt out because some fucker on the interenet says its done and makes countless dates doesnt mean its axls fault. and no axl shouldnt come out and comment after ever fukin rumor. and know he shouldnt come out with a release date , u know why because there isnt one. its not fukin ready yet.

and as far as teh comments that ahve been made. never have i read axl saying a specific date. god willing next year means fukin if everything works out then yea next year...obiviously it wasnt ready so that year has passed.... all u people who love the old thats cool but fukin it makes no sense to hate this new band and what they are about to do be put down...

and for the songs we have heard ...its a matter of taste...we havnt heard the studio versions yet. no shit omg,rhiad, and silworms arent what u are all used to...but ur all so ignorant that u dismiss them and this new era...thats is why they basically broke up...because the old era doesnt want to explore and advance.... the reason i know this will work is because axl has taken his sweet motherfukin ass time putting a new sound together that will fit with the past but will be a lot better.....

again u all hate axl or the new gnr because there is no fan communication or any release dayes...to that i say ur all pussies....go listen to fukin slash solo album and dload them jamming together the other day...theres ur music fix

You know why Axl is doing it wrong?? Blowing off 20,000 fans with no explanation, EW compares Axl Rose to Michael Jackson.... Guns N' Roses is a joke to everyone except for a small group of people.

Can you not read or are you just stupid?  I'm not talking about internet rumours, I'm talking about words from the band members mouths.  Not a SPECIFIC date, we've given them the benefit of the doubt and accepted "it will come out sometime in the next year".... that's 365 fuckin days that I would've been content with, but it's all a lie.

Yes it's a matter of taste on the new songs... but I want music that deserves the label Guns N' Roses.  Songs that have that flavour.... if he's going to run off and make shit like Silkworms, then change the name of the band.

I have never said I hated Axl or the new GN'R.  I think they have a lot of potential.... Axl's just being an asshole and will fall on his face if he keeps this up, but hey, that's up to him I guess.

.... and Yes, I am a music expert.  Kiss
Dizzy
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2003, 05:15:02 PM »

Oh, and I think the Kiss and Aerosmith tour is the biggest one out right now (aside from Bruce maybe?)....

According to what I read in this past Sunday's paper, these are the top five current tours:

1. Metallica (Summer Sanitarium)
2. Eagles
3. Phish
4. Kiss/Aerosmith
5. Dave Matthews band

Certain bands sell on the fact that they've been around for a while. Pearl Jam sells out shows but their records doesn't top any charts. The fact that they sold out MSG doesn't make them the world's biggest band.

I don't think people go see The Stones or Aeromisth to hear a set with 90% songs from the last two studio albums. They want to hear the classics.

True, but I also meant the Billboard charts.  The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and AC/DC have all had platinum albums in the last decade.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 05:23:48 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Dizzy
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2003, 05:32:35 PM »

because some fucker on the interenet says its done and makes countless dates

Axl Rose isn't "some fucker on the internet", and he said it would be out in June 2001.  Robin Finck's website also stated it would be released in 2001.  Dizzy Reed isn't some fucker on the internet, and he said it would be out by June of 2003.

and as far as teh comments that ahve been made. never have i read axl saying a specific date.

No, but pretty damn close.  Back in 2001, he said, "God willing, it will be released in June."  And June 2001 came and went (as did June 2002 and 2003 for that matter), and no album.  At the end of last year, he also said the album would be released "sometime in the next year."  Well hell, it's been damn near a year, and NOTHING.  No talk, no promotion, no single, NOTHING.

because the old era doesnt want to explore and advance..

Exactly.  They want to keep doing what actually worked.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

the reason i know this will work is because axl has taken his sweet motherfukin ass time putting a new sound

Actually, that's why I am convinced that it will fail.  Because he's taking his sweet time putting a sound together.  Tinkering with it until it doesn't even sound like music anymore.

to that i say ur all pussies....

Wow, your razor-sharp wit never ceases to amaze.   Roll Eyes

how can u base what the new band can do after only hearing a couple of songs

Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.  Because you've only heard the same few songs we have, and you're utterly convinced that Chinese Democracy will be out of this world....

go listen to fukin slash solo album ..theres ur music fix

Good idea, I think I will.  Better than "Silkworms" or "Oh my God" any day.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 05:35:23 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: