Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  4 Reasons Not to Bother to Wait for W. Axl Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 Reasons Not to Bother to Wait for W. Axl Rose  (Read 16243 times)
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: September 29, 2003, 06:03:39 PM »

1. There are real bands out there with real music and real concerts who actually release albums and actually go on tour and actually show up and play. In other words, everything Axl's band is not.

2. Just because Brian May & Zakk said what they heard years ago was great doesn't mean shit today.

3. Axl will never top with he did with the real GnR, & maybe he's starting to realise this, which leads me to...

2. This stupid album of his is never going to see the light of day so why are you waiting for something that's never going to happen?

Discuss peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 06:12:42 PM »

4 Reasons Not To Make Lists Like You Just Did:

1. It's boring
2. Who's waiting?
3. It's been done so many times before.
4. Why not spend your time on something more constructive instead of whining about an album that "is never going to see the light of day"?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 06:16:59 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 06:13:17 PM »

4 reasons not to listen to providman

1) Nostalga is a waste of time and energy... embrace the present not the past
2) The old members haven't proved they can reinvent themselves
3) The new band did tour, and kicked ass, as seen at MSG
4) The new songs are outstanding and prove GNR is and will always be great with axl at the wheel

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 06:20:59 PM »

4 reasons why your wrong crashdiet:

1.This has nothing to do with nostalgia. Axl calling his new band GnR & going on tour playing 80% old GnR is all nostalgia. It's funny you don't see this.

2.This has nothing to do with the old members. Why do you have to slam them to make yourself feel better about Axl?

3.Yea, right. The GnR name sold out MSG, not Axl Rose.  Believe me, if it was the Axl Rose Band, which, if he had any guts or integrity it would be, it would have been half empty like just about every other show on that most half-assed of tours.

4.Yea, the new songs, some of them anyway, are really good. Too bad they'll never be released.

peace
Dizzy
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 06:37:48 PM »

It always cracks me up when people attempt to extol Axl by praising the MSG show, one of only TWO shows on that tour that sold out.  The rest of the tour was a miserable failure characterized by horrible critical reviews, riots, Axl's tardiness and no-shows, and piss-poor attendance.  The average amount of tickets sold was 7,344, in venues that seated 18,000-20,000 people.

Oh yeah, Axl rocked, didn't he?   hihi

And yes Mr. Crashdiet, as Providman pointed out, Axl uses a band name notorious of the 1980s and the majority of the setlist was old songs.  Nostalgia is a waste of time and energy, eh?  That's the way to embrace the present, eh?  That's the way to "reinvent" yourself, huh?   hihi

As for the old members, Slash and co. are doing the smart thing and not trying to reinvent themselves.  Hence, they have nothing to prove, whilst Axl does.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 06:40:11 PM by Dizzy » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 06:57:14 PM »

to bring up the gnr name argument is pointeless...
as for the tour well...no shit it wasnt a success but when u look at it was it really set up to be 1?
im pretty sure axl wasnt banking on a fukin gret tour being that he new he was just gonna play old material and no promos..what the fuck no shit. that past tour was a warmup tour. the band gelled and out with the old....

this is a long process half the peopel here fail to understand....u cant just go out there and launc newgnr when ur not ready....

the albums are being finished. once that is completely done..well ill sum it up for u...u will be seeing gnr everywhere u look...why?cause this band got 3 albums and a few yeas of touring. axl rose wants to do this ....hes been planning this..

yea of course slash looks liek the good guy to everyone cause he is friends with the old members..who the fuck cares....u certaintly arent on these boards because of the old members...if u are ur wasting ur time talking about a band that will never get back together...im not saying u have to love axl....hes a dick at times but so the fuck what....i say that  because i know he works his ass off trying to create a sound that will fukin blow every1 mind away...hes a fukin genious....im not gonna go into it all but axl is so fukin cool...fuk that badass shit...its not about that..its about axl working hard to give us something very cool....
so yea u can bash axl for stupid reasons but when its all said and done i know that every motherfuker here will be listening to a great album called chinese democracy...

but then some1 wont liek ti cause axl doesnt wear bike shorts anymore lol assholes...peaceout

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 06:57:43 PM »

4 reasons not to listen to providman

1) Nostalga is a waste of time and energy... embrace the present not the past
2) The old members haven't proved they can reinvent themselves
3) The new band did tour, and kicked ass, as seen at MSG
4) The new songs are outstanding and prove GNR is and will always be great with axl at the wheel

1)No, embrace fuck all? fuck that.
2)Done more than the braided one
3)Yeah they kicked ass and now what?
4)I agree, but i wouldnt exactly call them new songs now.

Good fuckin night
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 07:12:06 PM »

1)No, embrace fuck all? fuck that.
2)Done more than the braided one
3)Yeah they kicked ass and now what?
4)I agree, but i wouldnt exactly call them new songs now.
------
2)done exactely fukin what? big deal they play some shows togetehr wow.big deal.i just dont get it.o axl sucks cause hes sittin in a hole workin on albums but slash and them are cool cause they play a few shows together cause their fukin solo albums suck a big fukin dick.

3) now u just do what u do everyday and when the albums come out and they go on tour for the next few years ull be saying whoa nelly all this gnr stuff

4}to the genral public they will be new...

look i could care less if every1 hates axl or whatevr...but what pisses me off all this hatred comes from 2 things....
1}axl not releasing any albums
2} no coomunication

yea its frustrating that there isnt a release yet but why should axl release something if its not ready??

and ye athe communication does suck i agree. yea it would be cool if axl was a lil more interactive. the only thing about that is what do u want him to say? "last weeks rumor about the band breaking up isnt true?" the philly thing he should have said somehting i agree....but overall he everything will be said when the time is right...he keeps telling u that!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 07:39:03 PM »

The only thing this new band has done right was the mini-tour in Europe and Asia... Their NA tour was a disaster, their MTV performance bombed, they havent released any music (which was promised several times), and half of their new songs are fuckin garbage (Silkworms? Oh My God? Spare me.)

Slash said it best "He had two options, come out and prove everyone wrong, or screw it up, and he screwed it up..."
bluesmaster
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 07:41:56 PM »

I don't know why haters post here in the first place. Why are you here? If you see no future for GNR then why do you bother coming here creating and posting threads that concern the new band? It doesnt make sense. Most of you are probably upset that Axls gonna ruin the GNR name but its not like you actually change anything by coming here and telling ppl that theyre never gonna make it. Afterall, shouldnt u be happy that Axls screwing everything up since you only support the old guys? I dont know what the bashers are so upset about, you should be happy cuz everything seems to be going ur way right now with no news and delays.
loretian
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2003, 07:53:02 PM »

rofl

1.  You are correct, they are not currently touring and have not released anything new.  Why should that prevent me from "waiting" on a new album?

2.  Did you read what your topic was?  Just because they said the music was good back several years ago does not mean it's going to actually be good.  But how can you say it's "a reason not to wait"?  There's some break in your logic here.

3. Well, that's fanastic that you don't think they will.   I honestly have no idea.  Again, how exactly is the fact that you believe the past to be untoppable a reason for me to not "wait" on the new album?

4. Uh... see the last two.

So, of your four points, only one of them even sort of connected with your topic.  Good work.   ok  I think your topic should have been "4 reasons I don't think the new Gn'R will succeed."

And with that topic, it would be quite clear that... this is the same old shit, again and yet again.

Also, as far as the comments about the last tour being a failure, etc. could someone fill me in a little on this?  Alright, a couple of riots is kinda bad.  Other than a few nights though, I was under the impression that Axl was pretty much always on time and the band ripped out an excellent show, consistently.  In Minneapolis, all the reviews of the show were excellent (well, I read one bad review but the reviewer spent most of his time ripping on Axl, not the music, so I sorta discarded that one).  It was a small show, somewhere between 6,000-8,000 showed, and I had read similar things about other "small" shows.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2003, 08:15:31 PM »

dizzy i usually agree with u 90 percent of the time and i agree with most of what u posted but i have one question to pose to u and everyone. lets say roles were reversed and VR kept the name Guns n roses with the lineup they have now, do u think a guns n roses with no axl rose wouldve sold out these shows? i personally dont think so, i think fans sold out the two shows to see axl or they didnt even know their was a new band which is a huge possibility

i guarantee u their were at least a few fans who probably were wonderin why slash had a micheal myers mask on, i guarantee that their were a couple. but i think guns n roses with slash and duff matt, but no axl wouldnt have done as good as guns n roses with axl

remember the voice is the main part to alot of casual fans and basically if u heard a boot and didnt know any better u would have no idea their was a new band

however live the new band has nowhere near the energy charisma and chemistry as the old band
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 08:16:58 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2003, 08:26:47 PM »

Also, as far as the comments about the last tour being a failure, etc. could someone fill me in a little on this?  Alright, a couple of riots is kinda bad.  Other than a few nights though, I was under the impression that Axl was pretty much always on time and the band ripped out an excellent show, consistently.  In Minneapolis, all the reviews of the show were excellent (well, I read one bad review but the reviewer spent most of his time ripping on Axl, not the music, so I sorta discarded that one).  It was a small show, somewhere between 6,000-8,000 showed, and I had read similar things about other "small" shows.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

Axl no showed for two of the concerts, one of which already had the opening acts perform... their ticket sales were weak (shut up about fucking MSG, Steve-O could probably sell MSG out)... Axl was late every night, but they covered it up by showing some Tig Bitties on the screen (This is asshole because people DO have jobs, I thought it was fuckin great though for my show)... They were forced to cancel half the dates... They made no statement, or apology, regarding the abrupt ending.          =         Bad Tour.

To the post about "coming here despite that we hate the new band and support the old guys"... Personally I'm very curious to hear the new music (sooner rather than later) and I think the band puts on an incredible live show and Axl's voice sounds great.

I'm not BASHING the new band so much as I'm telling the truth.  Axl has done nothing right beyond the first leg of the tour, and songs like Silkworms and Oh My God suck.  I'm here to see if he can pull this thing off, and maybe he can't.  Undecided
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2003, 08:44:12 PM »

I just wanted to throw this in.  The Red Hot Chili Peppers recently played the Bradley Center in Milwaukee and the place was 1/3 full.  The reviewer mentioned that quickly and then talked about how into it the crowd was.  Almost ignoring it.  However, we all know, if that was gnr, the guy would have made a big deal about gnr only getting 1/3 of the place full.  The Chili Peppers are supposed to be one of the biggest bands of today and the nu gnr can draw as much as them with no album.  That doesn't seem like such a disapointment to me.  By the way(no pun intended) The Bradley Center at 1/3 compacity is only 5,000.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 08:45:58 PM by hey_axl_2003 » Logged

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2003, 08:53:01 PM »

how can u say this band lacks chemistry?how can taht statement be made?based on exactely what?

lets start off with the touring part:
this band has chemistry. have u wathced the bootlegs? is it me or do i always see them joking and laughing? and as far as the memebrs runinng around, what do u expect? this isnt their material how can u expect some1 to run around to other peopels material. but the most overlooked fact is that they played the fuck out of these songs. watch rio then watch msg. i dont even care if u like then or not but atleats give them respect for not only playing it but really playing them well. and i laugh when peopel say o buckethead is not emotional. assholes thats his style. hes a robot type thing. hes not gonna jump up and down..and for the record watch the boots he does move around acroos and up the stage.....

and the ultimate kicker is the idea that the band hates each other and they have no chemistry. readf the interviews. they tell u how much they like each other. dizzy has fukin said this is the closest band he has been in. everytime i look axl and the guys are checkin out other shows and shit. i mean what the fuck. these arent just hired guns i hate that. they are members of a monstrosity called gnr

its just pathetic that peopel want gnr to fail simply because tehy want a reunion or something.get over it its over. and im glad because axl has brought us a new era. the old era is finished and it was fukin great.but now its a new era and im ready to embrace it. why? because axl and gnr have fukin worked so hard putting together this album and 2 others. they have touring planned till the end of time. what sux is that peopel/fans hate them for only 1 ignorant reason. its ashame. but the funny thing is every1 will love this new band shortlly and all these dumb topics will never frustrate me again. as the song says...ya'll gonna find out fo yo self motherfuckers. peace

theblues
Bad Brad
VIP

Jason Becker rules

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2003, 09:05:02 PM »

Why did you bother to post this?

God gave us great music - Thanks to GnR that is
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2003, 09:16:16 PM »

4 reasons why your wrong crashdiet:

1.This has nothing to do with nostalgia. Axl calling his new band GnR & going on tour playing 80% old GnR is all nostalgia. It's funny you don't see this.

2.This has nothing to do with the old members. Why do you have to slam them to make yourself feel better about Axl?

3.Yea, right. The GnR name sold out MSG, not Axl Rose.  Believe me, if it was the Axl Rose Band, which, if he had any guts or integrity it would be, it would have been half empty like just about every other show on that most half-assed of tours.

4.Yea, the new songs, some of them anyway, are really good. Too bad they'll never be released.

peace

1) What axl was going to go on tour and play all new stuff that nobody knew... not exactly the best way to break in the new band. Axl played old songs to show that "the new band can play the fuck outta the old songs"

Now i'll be the first to say axl ought not have toured until the new album was out, but whatever he did... and I just finished watching a bootleg from the euro tour and the new band definately has chemistry... they rock!!

Nostalga is wanting and pining over slash when he's been out of gnr 3/4 as long as he was in GNR... get over it and support the band you love!

2) i"m not slamming the old members to make myself feel better about axl... I feel great about axl's potential, I just don't care for any of the solo material, and can understand why axl moved on (he didn't fire anyone except matt) and I support him in that decision

3) I will agree that yes the name gnr sold out msg, but axl isn't the one who walked away... and will critics blasted the tour... I have 6 dvd bootleggs from the tour, and three audio boots, and the band rocks... critics don't know their ass from their mouth... I wonder why there isn't a certified critic degree... why because everyone has an opinion, one doesn't make one more valid than the other

4) the new songs are great... and i'm as frustrated as everyone else that their is no new record, but axl has a plan

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2003, 09:26:06 PM »

and as far as the memebrs runinng around, what do u expect? this isnt their material how can u expect some1 to run around to other peopels material.

Do I have to point out how silly this comment is?

i laugh when peopel say o buckethead is not emotional. assholes thats his style. hes a robot type thing. hes not gonna jump up and down..and for the record watch the boots he does move around acroos and up the stage.....

If you just admitted that hes not emotional like his detractors say, then why do "laugh"?  Thats his style, you say?  Then apparently they dont care for his style.  Think before you speak.

Dizzy
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2003, 10:22:43 PM »

to bring up the gnr name argument is pointeless...
as for the tour well...no shit it wasnt a success but when u look at it was it really set up to be 1?
im pretty sure axl wasnt banking on a fukin gret tour being that he new he was just gonna play old material and no promos..what the fuck no shit. that past tour was a warmup tour.

Warmup tour?  The promoters sure as hell didn't shell out $400,000 to Axl and his boys for a mere "warmup" tour.  And remember, Axl dubbed it the "Chinese Democracy world tour", not the "Chinese Democracy warmup tour".

....u certaintly arent on these boards because of the old members...

The old members and the old music are EXACTLY why people come to this board.  Oh yeah, I'm really sure the majority of the people here got interested in GNR after hearing a crappy bootleg of "Silk Worms."   Roll Eyes

so yea u can bash axl for stupid reasons

Or we can bash him for legitimate reasons, of which Axl has provided plenty.

and done i know that every motherfuker here will be listening to a great album called chinese democracy...

If we are, Axl will come after us for stealing his unfinished work.  Because that's the only way anybody will ever get to hear it.

this band has chemistry. have u wathced the bootlegs? is it me or do i always see them joking and laughing?

Oh yeah, joking and laughing is the epitome of chemistry, isn't it?   Roll Eyes

these arent just hired guns i hate that part of a monstrosity called gnr

They are part of a "monstrosity" all right.  One that plays four new songs (read: THEIR songs) in a setlist of 22 or so songs.  In other words, the one original member sings, the rest just try to play the old music.  Sounds like hired guns to me, and that they will be until they release something.

lets say roles were reversed and VR kept the name Guns n roses with the lineup they have now, do u think a guns n roses with no axl rose wouldve sold out these shows?

Nope.  But VR is sensible enough not to live off GNR legacy.  I mean, it's always going to be with them.  But I guarantee you when they start touring, they'll play THEIR songs instead of playing 95% AFD songs (milking the old band) the way Axl does.

or they didnt even know their was a new band which is a huge possibility

Sure.  Not everybody reads GNR shit on the internet.  Plenty of people probably went to the shows expecting to see Slash, and ended up disappointed.

however live the new band has nowhere near the energy charisma and chemistry as the old band

No doubt.

1) What axl was going to go on tour and play all new stuff that nobody knew... not exactly the best way to break in the new band. Axl played old songs to show that "the new band can play the fuck outta the old songs"

Reread your posts and observe what you just did, Crashdiet.  Somebody gave you an answer, so you changed the question.  You harped about Slash and nostalgia, and then when pointed out that Axl was relying heavily on old Guns tunes and legacy, you turn the tables and start making excuses for why Axl needs the old material.

If VR toured playing nothing but old GNR songs, you'd criticize the living hell out of them.  There is NOBODY living off the past more than your hero Axl Rose.

critics don't know their ass from their mouth

Unless they're praising Axl, then suddenly they become geniuses.....  Roll Eyes

axl isn't the one who walked away

That's one reason I criticize him.  He should've walked away from the name Guns N Roses instead of riding it like horse through a filthy stable and dirtying it beyond recognition.

Now i'll be the first to say axl ought not have toured until the new album was out, but whatever he did...

Whatever he did, you will support him.  He could go out there with machines playing the old songs and lip synching in a pink tutu and you'd still call him Guns N Roses and make excuses for whatever he does.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 10:55:16 PM by Dizzy » Logged
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2003, 11:00:46 PM »

It's really quite funny that at least every week there are many of this kind of treats. Like I said before, If you say that Axl is an asshole, why in hell do you expect something something from an asshole?

You should be grateful that he gave you great music. He doesn't make money from the fans actually. Last time I was watching a report on the news about the RIAA and the price of the cd's and is actually laughable how much the artist gain for the sell of a cd. Do you want to know? Well, only 2 bucks.

Acording to the music, you should respect the man, for what he has composed, songs like estranged, November rain and sweet child of mine without name others. In fact, I found many people pathetic, like posting that these songs could have been good with different lyrics because the riffs are the one whomade the song,
or especially in the case of estranged that a person said without the solos it would be a sappy poor ballad. I bet those people would like Fred durst(or somebody alike) to write better lyrics for those songs. Like I always I stated that those songs was an effort of all the band.

But there are those people that like to criticize Axl or Slash or Izzy or Duff.
Well, I suppose you can criticize Steven a little bit. Also I can tell you that only one entity will know the truth about the separation of the group that everybody fall in love at first. Whop is it? God. Have you ever seen behind the music of Van Halen? who's fault is it, the band or the singers?

Live on.  peace
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 11:02:43 PM by yagami1gnr » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: