Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  BEST CD BOOTLEG :OLD BAND
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BEST CD BOOTLEG :OLD BAND  (Read 34734 times)
RICHIEGUNZ
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2003, 05:42:44 PM »

Thanks for the info guys.I'am really interested in getting the soundboard quality stuff it sounds awesome on my surround sound.I think I will try to get Argentina,does anybody know a good place to start?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 12:29:27 PM »

too much wrong listing above!

- chile soundboard 12/2/1992
- argentina soundboard 12/5/1992
- no 5/27/91 indiana soundboard available
- please remember that a lot old soundboards are vhs sourced only

Sorry, dude, I have silver CDs of 5.27.91 show and they are soundboard. You can come to my house and listen to them. They cost me a lot on ebay some time back, but I have them in my collection. ok

It's an Italian import, and I probably bought it on ebay in 1999. Produced in 1991. Life is good when you have rare soundboards! peace
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 05:41:54 PM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2003, 12:23:46 PM »

In line with what Limulus said, some corrections for some of the know-it-alls on here :

- There was NO show on 27/05/91.  28/05/91 is an audience recording and 29/05/91 was filmed by GNR's video crew, all audio copies are sourced from the vhs and are thus NOT truly soundboard.

- In the case of 28/06/87, only 'It's so easy', 'KOHD' and 'Whole lotta Rosie' have surfaced and were officially released on the LFTJ EP.  'Shadow of your love' and 'Move to the city' are taken from the LLAS sessions and are studio recordings with fake audience sound.

- As I said before, 29/05/91 is not truly soundboard, which is also the case for the show in Chicago on 09/04/92, which is also sourced from a vhs filmed by GNR's video crew. 06/04/92 is a true soundboard recording though.

- The complete second night at RIR II has surfaced, soundboard, but with voiceovers from radio commentators.  It was released as 'Maracana XP' on Aces High.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 10:21:39 PM »

In line with what Limulus said, some corrections for some of the know-it-alls on here :

- There was NO show on 27/05/91.  28/05/91 is an audience recording and 29/05/91 was filmed by GNR's video crew, all audio copies are sourced from the vhs and are thus NOT truly soundboard.

- In the case of 28/06/87, only 'It's so easy', 'KOHD' and 'Whole lotta Rosie' have surfaced and were officially released on the LFTJ EP.  'Shadow of your love' and 'Move to the city' are taken from the LLAS sessions and are studio recordings with fake audience sound.

- As I said before, 29/05/91 is not truly soundboard, which is also the case for the show in Chicago on 09/04/92, which is also sourced from a vhs filmed by GNR's video crew. 06/04/92 is a true soundboard recording though.

- The complete second night at RIR II has surfaced, soundboard, but with voiceovers from radio commentators.  It was released as 'Maracana XP' on Aces High.

This explanation is bullshit. If it sounds like a soundboard (and the difference is obvious) then it is a soundboard.

What is "not truly a soundboard"? Either it is soundboard or it is audience.

You jealousy wanna bees make me sick. You diss what you don't have because you want it but don't have it.

And from where is your information? God? Axl? I say you are wrong, and I have the goods to prove it.
Why don't you just.....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 10:28:15 PM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2003, 10:58:54 PM »

You know, I have just about had it with some of the people on this board. They make me sick. Especially newbees who think they know it all and who are intolerably arrogant.

First there was AG who tried to tell me I don't know how to play a DVD or how to tell the difference between a defective DVD and a non-defective DVD. He tried to tell me my players were at fault. Funny how players can change set lists and cut songs from concerts.

Now I have Nikkisuckoff telling me I don't have what I know I have. I feel as if I have entered the twilight zone. Where do these people get off telling others what they have and don't have? Next they'll be telling us what to think and what to dream.

I have had enough. Say what you want, make up what you want, diss what you want, whatever. I am going to listen to my soundboard recordings in the comfort of my own home, and the rest I just don't care. All I can say is that such people are pathetic. Get a life, or, failing that, make one up.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2003, 04:04:03 AM »

Funniest post ever  ok

'If it sounds like a soundboard (and the difference is obvious) then it is a soundboard.'

You're joking right ?  A clear audience recording can sound like a soundboard recording, but that doesn't make it a soundboard.  If you want to believe that though, go right ahead, you'll be pissing off a lot of real traders though with your incorrect listings.

'You jealousy wanna bees make me sick. You diss what you don't have because you want it but don't have it.'

Another joke ? Me a newbie ?  You obviously don't know the first thing about me, which proves you know shit about trading.  I'd say go take a look at www.gunsnroses.be, you'll see I have every show mentioned in this thread, and more.  Way more.  I might be a 'newbie' on this forum,  but that's just because I only post to clear up mistakes like your posts.

'And from where is your information? God? Axl? I say you are wrong, and I have the goods to prove it.
Why don't you just..... '

I get my information on show dates from official tour itenaries and programmes, like any real trader does.  I don't have look up any dates though, since all dates are common knowledge among real traders.  
If you can prove the impossible, I'll bring some of my friends and we can all witness a miracle...

'You know, I have just about had it with some of the people on this board. They make me sick. Especially newbees who think they know it all and who are intolerably arrogant.'

I'm sorry to correct you, but if you don't know what you're talking about, then don't post.  Don't come complaining afterwards about people correcting you.  I'm sorry to be right...
And now I'm intolerably arrogant?  How about your PM then :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topic  
Krispy Kreme
VIP

Kickin' back in the shadows, got no need for the light
      (No subject) on: Today at 04:38:08am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is your problem? Calling me a know it all? Far from it. I simply responded with concrete information that I thought was true. Maybe it is 5.28.91 instead of 5.27.91 Who cares? The CD cover says 5.27. So fucking sue me. I may have been wrong about the date, but I know soundboard. And at least I am not ARROGANT AND AN ASSHOLE.

Do not even bother to respond to me you cock sucker. I will not read of answer. Fuck off .  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Maybe it is 5.28.91 instead of 5.27.91 Who cares? The CD cover says 5.27.'

If you actually mean this I'm so sorry for you.  EVERYBODY cares.  NO ONE likes wrong listings, if you're going to go around telling you have 27/05/91  you'll make a fool out of yourself, so don't bother.

You have too much faith in bootlegs.  They're KNOWN for incorrect labelings.  If you were something of a trader you'd know that.  There's a boot called 'live in the philipines '91'.  GNR never played the philipines.  Get my point ?

Maybe another example.  My nirvana boot 'Digital Nirvana' says 'true soundboard recording' though the taper affirmed it to be a clear audience recording.  But I guess you know better right?

Maybe YOU should consider how sick you make other people...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2003, 04:22:54 AM »

This explanation is bullshit. If it sounds like a soundboard (and the difference is obvious) then it is a soundboard.

What is "not truly a soundboard"? Either it is soundboard or it is audience.

You jealousy wanna bees make me sick. You diss what you don't have because you want it but don't have it.

And from where is your information? God? Axl? I say you are wrong, and I have the goods to prove it.
Why don't you just.....

It's not a true soundboard recording if it's sourced from VHS... Besides, sourced from old VHS usually means mono recording. And if someone here seems to be arrogant prick then it's you.

Ok, you say that you have the "goods to prove it". Then prove it!

When it comes to bootlegs, I wouldn't say I'm a newbie either... when it comes to posting on this forum, I admit it: I am a newbie. That's it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 04:25:01 AM by otgm » Logged

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2003, 09:35:27 AM »

Krispy Kreme, cool it with the insults.

Looks like other traders are saying you're wrong, why not just accept it instead of trying to insult them?

If you believe whatever the bootleggers tell you, then I bet you have Chinese Democracy tracks in your collection too. Did you hear Prostitute yet?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2003, 04:34:43 AM »

Kiss

nice_boy84
Opening Act

bootleger

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2003, 03:53:58 AM »

so.. 05.29.91 indiana it's not soundboard? didnt know that really...

whiches are the soundboards then?:

chicago 92
argentina 92
argentina 93 (both nights)
chile 92
ritz 88 of course
paris 92
somes incompletes of 2002..
maybe music machine 86?
cbgb's 87
fox's late show 88?
tokio 12.07.88
farm aid 90?
both nights of rock in rio 91
rock in rio 2001
tokio 92.22.2
oklahoma 92??

thanks ok

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2003, 06:03:22 AM »

most of the old "soundboards" are vhs sourced from leaked out/broadcasted pro-shots. this does make it "video soundboard" as the CD(R)s are from the vhs audio. but who knows which generation vhs and equipment/editing for vhs -> cd(r) transfer has been used for ? in early 90s private equipment wasnt good for that job.
the very best unofficial soundboards are sourced from mixing pult directly to DAT/CDR -> dED. looking at neo's list that would only be the case for 2002 shows and tokyo92 digital sourced from LDs and probably argentina'92. all the rest is vhs or radio sourced mostly including some a(nalog)/d(igital) and/or d/a transfer or other compression which suffers quality.
there are some good vhs -> CD(r) transfers and cool radio broadcasts taped digitally though.

PS:
oklahoma92 is most likely sourced from a "real" vhs gen2 (many wrong listings about that), check the glitch in slash solo/nov. rain and compare to all vhs/dvd around.

Re-Union time, baby!!
nice_boy84
Opening Act

bootleger

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2003, 01:59:08 AM »

most of the old "soundboards" are vhs sourced from leaked out/broadcasted pro-shots. this does make it "video soundboard" as the CD(R)s are from the vhs audio. but who knows which generation vhs and equipment/editing for vhs -> cd(r) transfer has been used for ? in early 90s private equipment wasnt good for that job.
the very best unofficial soundboards are sourced from mixing pult directly to DAT/CDR -> dED. looking at neo's list that would only be the case for 2002 shows and tokyo92 digital sourced from LDs and probably argentina'92. all the rest is vhs or radio sourced mostly including some a(nalog)/d(igital) and/or d/a transfer or other compression which suffers quality.
there are some good vhs -> CD(r) transfers and cool radio broadcasts taped digitally though.

PS:
oklahoma92 is most likely sourced from a "real" vhs gen2 (many wrong listings about that), check the glitch in slash solo/nov. rain and compare to all vhs/dvd around.

thank u so much one more time..

what's with the neo's boot list?

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2003, 01:01:33 AM »

After all, where can i download em?Huh i wouldo love to hear them all  Wink

If the world would end today... Wink
melkor
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2003, 11:10:47 PM »

Hi folks. In regard to the 4/9/92 show?my personal fav. GNR concert, b/c/ of Coma, a blistering WTTJ, and an amazing Estranged?Im just wondering if there is a source that does not cut out during paradice city? Its a shame to have such a good show be so rudely cut!

BTW, Im a long time visiter of Jarmo's site?which is great? an off and on lurker at this board, and a long time GNR fan. So, hi. smoking
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2003, 12:44:10 PM »

Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, IL 04.09.92

video soundboard cuts during pc on every surfaced source.
but there is an amateur recording which does have it complete.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Clouser
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2003, 06:24:49 AM »

How about your PM then :

Not very cool to send a PM for everyone to see.
Clouser
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2003, 06:30:20 AM »

Another joke ? Me a newbie ?  You obviously don't know the first thing about me, which proves you know shit about trading.  I'd say go take a look at www.gunsnroses.be, you'll see I have every show mentioned in this thread, and more.  Way more.  I might be a 'newbie' on this forum,  but that's just because I only post to clear up mistakes like your posts.

Well, just an average collection, nothing really special.
goodnight tonight
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2003, 04:00:02 PM »

I think the best one is Felt Forum '88, it's not soundboard, but that's my favourite gn'r concert Smiley

Goodnight Tonight Guns N' roses Bootlegs Trading Page!!
http://gnr.altervista.org
goodnight tonight
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2003, 04:02:43 PM »

video soundboard cuts during pc on every surfaced source.
but there is an amateur recording which does have it complete.
Do you have it? or do you know anyone who has it? I'm really interested in trading it.

Goodnight Tonight Guns N' roses Bootlegs Trading Page!!
http://gnr.altervista.org
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2004, 03:55:48 AM »

hey Limulus,

just curious what you mean by 'real' vhs gen 2 etc?

also, LOVE the indiana show, axl not in best voice but theres soooo much energy, its classic. and u get to see right next door to hell, perfect crime etc which were rarely played live! they all look so hyped at that show. axl goes crazy, and i mean REAL CRAZY! Anyone else notice that?! lol

would love to get hold of that longest show remastered with locomotive if anyone can hook me up?

also, i have rock in rio 2 but no bad apples. the video is edited to shit. any help?

thanks,

bob

p.s. sorry in advance if ive pissed anyone off cuz it seems pretty cut throat on here! :-p but please, to those bickering, quit the childish act. :-)

Back In Power
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: