Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Singers who can't sing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Singers who can't sing  (Read 29345 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2004, 06:21:20 AM »

Bob Dylan bugs the hell out of me, I hate that guy's "singing". Luckily you never hear his stuff anywhere.
Yeah i really do hate this guy he should just sing to song righting something he is good at rather than trying to do a bit of everything.  Least he is good at something though rather than jack of all trades master of none Phil Collins.

As for Mike Monroe ive read some reviews before knocking his out-of-tune vocals like i said i think the guy is great and even though i like his voice i don't think he is that good a 'singer'.  I realise he was a role model for Axl but maybe it wasn't just his vocals that inspired him, plus like you said many would say he is a great singer Axl must be one of them
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2004, 11:37:46 AM »

My favorite singer who can't sing is me!;D
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2004, 03:11:52 PM »

fred durst
somehow i never liked bruce dickinson either, tho he can sing
j.lo ?

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2004, 05:22:47 PM »

The singer from Cathedral - the band rocks but he can't sing to save his life - just as well the lyrics and guitars come to his rescue hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2004, 07:15:19 PM »

I have to go with Morrisey. I mentioned this in other thread...his voice is so annoying. I can't stand it.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2004, 07:27:07 PM »

I have to go with Morrisey. I mentioned this in other thread...his voice is so annoying. I can't stand it.

Yeah but just because you can't stand his voice it does not mean he can't sing, from what ive heard of him even though his music is not great his singing ain't half bad.  I mean i never could stand Freddie Mercury just never liked his voice but i recognise the fact that he could sing and very fuckin' well.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2004, 05:59:54 AM »

Phil could sing though, I mean it's not like he was talentless, he just chose to scream.
He's never demonstrated any ability to sing.?

Nah, you just don't know what you're talking about. Check out the '88 album Power Metal, Anselmo gives Rob Halford a run for his money.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2004, 06:39:26 AM »

Yeah but just because you can't stand his voice it does not mean he can't sing, from what ive heard of him even though his music is not great his singing ain't half bad.? I mean i never could stand Freddie Mercury just never liked his voice but i recognise the fact that he could sing and very fuckin' well.

This is based on individual perception. Let me put you an exmaple, I could say that David Wyndorf's singing sucks. It's very well known the fact that you love Monster Magnet, but I particulary don't like them nor the singer's voice. Same thing with Freddy Mecury, I do agree he was a great singer, but I met a lot of people who actually disliked his voice, hence, not a good singer to them...

Understand what I'm trying to say?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2004, 07:32:36 AM »

Yeah but just because you can't stand his voice it does not mean he can't sing, from what ive heard of him even though his music is not great his singing ain't half bad.? I mean i never could stand Freddie Mercury just never liked his voice but i recognise the fact that he could sing and very fuckin' well.

This is based on individual perception. Let me put you an exmaple, I could say that David Wyndorf's singing sucks. It's very well known the fact that you love Monster Magnet, but I particulary don't like them nor the singer's voice. Same thing with Freddy Mecury, I do agree he was a great singer, but I met a lot of people who actually disliked his voice, hence, not a good singer to them...

Understand what I'm trying to say?
I understand what you're saying but i feel that there is a difference between singers who can't sing and those you just dislike but i agree there is a basis of individual perception but like i said i don't like Freddy's voice but i would never say he can't sing.  Look at the lead singer of The Distillers like them or not i don't know hoe anyone could say she can sing but yeah it's down to opinion so whatever floats your boat
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2004, 11:50:41 AM »

I can't stand Keidis - can't sing...can't rap..... The only think this guy can do well is tap a vein

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2004, 04:23:02 PM »

the greatest singer who cant sing is red hot chili peppers ANTHONY KIEDIS!

i love the chili peppers they are in my top 5 all time favs. but live he cant sing for shit! studio he sounds awesome on records but god damn in concert its not always very good!

hey i saw them in hyde park this year and anthony was fucking great!!  rant

It's evolution, baby!
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2004, 04:27:30 PM »

I can't stand Keidis - can't sing...can't rap..... The only think this guy can do well is tap a vein

*evils you

It's evolution, baby!
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2004, 04:28:59 PM »

Another example of a singer who can't sing is Eddy Vedder of pearl jam

i personnally love eddie's voice- but that is just my opinion

It's evolution, baby!
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2004, 04:30:03 PM »

Ozzy ruled for Sabbath...its demonic...

When he went uptempo with his solo stuff thats when his voice didnt "fit" in my opinion although its good.

Hes a god though...i cant argue with that.

Eddie Vedder, man i hate that guys voice.

Corey Taylor.

Anyone from Grindcore bands, although i listen to it for the hard hard sewage type noise!

U dont have to be a good singer to be in a rock band its a fact!

E-Hogg

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. if one more person insults eddie....  rant

It's evolution, baby!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2004, 07:55:20 PM »

Bob Dylan
Trent Reznor
Marilyn Manson

Love all of them but these guys needs more ...........Voice , dont know how to explain it anyway.

If the world would end today... Wink
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2004, 10:52:30 PM »

i love the chili peppers they are in my top 5 all time favs. but live he cant sing for shit! studio he sounds awesome on records but god damn in concert its not always very good!

hey i saw them in hyde park this year and anthony was fucking great!!? rant

there you go, Ant is fuckin awesome at what he does! no one better and no one on the side!
did you people read the reviews of Californication and By The Way? they all stated that Ant was using computers and pro tools and shit to modify his voice where it couldn't reach which are all damn WRONG! cos the parts they are talking about is done by the ever incredible Mr. John Frusciante!
shows the interest of those fucking crapholes who call themselves reviewers.

there are bound to be some spelling errors in there since Im drunk!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2004, 04:44:43 PM »

hey i saw them in hyde park this year and anthony was fucking great!!? rant

there you go, Ant is fuckin awesome at what he does! no one better and no one on the side!
did you people read the reviews of Californication and By The Way? they all stated that Ant was using computers and pro tools and shit to modify his voice where it couldn't reach which are all damn WRONG! cos the parts they are talking about is done by the ever incredible Mr. John Frusciante!
shows the interest of those fucking crapholes who call themselves reviewers.

there are bound to be some spelling errors in there since Im drunk!

yeah chili peppers are so good!! love them!!
won't somebody testify? kick a hole right in the sky... TESTIFY TESTIFY kick a hole right in the sky

It's evolution, baby!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2004, 08:01:26 PM »

Bob Dylan bugs the hell out of me, I hate that guy's "singing". Luckily you never hear his stuff anywhere.
Luckily you don't hear his stuff?  And to think, people complain about how the radio and tv is full of crap music with no integrity or musical talent...

Yeah i really do hate this guy he should just stick to song writing, something he is good at rather than trying to do a bit of everything.
A bit of everything. Like playing the guitar and a harmonica and singing?  I'd hardly call that everything.  He writes songs, and plays them.  What hell is wrong with that?  So he hasn't got the best voice, but show me someone who can convey as much emotion on a record with three instruments in one take.

Phil could sing though, I mean it's not like he was talentless, he just chose to scream.
He's never demonstrated any ability to sing.?

Nah, you just don't know what you're talking about. Check out the '88 album Power Metal, Anselmo gives Rob Halford a run for his money.
That's exactly what I said!!  They're just not listening...

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2004, 02:13:49 AM »

I love Pink Floyd but Roger Waters has a pretty brutal voice at times.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2004, 03:36:55 AM »

I love Pink Floyd but Roger Waters has a pretty brutal voice at times.
I think that's because he's tone deaf
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: