Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 06:17:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227983 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)  (Read 43101 times)
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2003, 03:35:06 PM »

I'm not posting here to talk about the GNFR thread ...

Damn it, I'm posting here because people are dissing the Penis game, and I'm pissed about it. It's an interesting, humorous game, where the player is urged to think and use the word penis in so many different avenues ...

Okay .. I lied ...

But it looks real interesting (and funny) when you're drunk ...

Come to think of it ... so did the GNFR thread (some thirty pages ago)...  Tongue
Well atleast people can understand the penis game and they don't have to solve any confusing codes  unlike the GNFR thread
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2003, 03:48:06 PM »

All I see here is the "same" 10-12 people complaining about a locked thread.

Damn it people. Get a fuckin life here...

It got locked, talk in other threads. You act like your whole life depended on that fuckin thread.

It's pretty simple, Jarmo asked us if we wanted to lock it or not.

The majority voted "lock it". Now what's the problem? It was an old thread. Nothing new, nothing interesting.

Dark, get over it. Why would you think that anyone has a problem with you? Your obsession with this is getting really annoying.

oh, and to answer one's question. Jarmo pays us nothing. We do it for the fun of it... But some people have problems with authority (as you like to call us)...

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2003, 04:13:32 PM »

Chineseillusions: Don't post twice in a row. I don't give a fucking shit if this isn't my section, I'm telling you that as a moderator, okay?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that everybody is aware that I would obviously disagree with the locking of the thread. Therefore I don't have too much more to add here.

On a personal note though: It's a shame that the thread was locked.

The pros of it being a thread on this board were such:

There are 2000 other people who could possibly contrubute ideas.

The information was easily accesible so that people could catch up on what happened. In a chat room, it's not too much fun to come in and having to be updated constantly.
It's easier to just load a page where you can read it.

"dark's" board which you refer to was 1. Just a bit of fun, and 2. Had pop-ups which annoy my slow running computer. So it was cooler to have a thread here.

I'm not going to try arguing with the locking of the thread...

I tried, and it got me nowhere.  Undecided

All I can do now is disagree.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 04:16:05 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2003, 04:33:14 PM »

Chineseillusions: Don't post twice in a row. I don't give a fucking shit if this isn't my section, I'm telling you that as a moderator, okay?

Ok dude don't get your panties in a bunch whats the big deal
Chris Misfit
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »

He's been a touchy guy lately. Wink

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2003, 04:41:29 PM »

He's been a touchy guy lately. Wink

sounds like someone pissed in his wheaties
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2003, 04:59:57 PM »

chineseillusion, we don't wanna go down that road, so I'm telling you this now  when you're only looking at that direction. don't go looking for fights (not saying you were, just got the impression from your last post.)

It is not recommended to post twice in a row in a  thread.

And we most certainly didn't lock the GNFR thread because we didn't get what it was about. I know what a penis is, but I really don't understand the need to make a game out of it. Anyways that's not what this thread is about.  I just wanted to clear up that we're not locking everything that isn't obvious from the get go, unlike you made it sound earlier with this quote:

Well atleast people can understand the penis game and they don't have to solve any confusing codes  unlike the GNFR thread

Good Night everyone.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 05:01:17 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2003, 05:10:58 PM »

chineseillusion, we don't wanna go down that road, so I'm telling you this now  when you're only looking at that direction. don't go looking for fights (not saying you were, just got the impression from your last post.)

It is not recommended to post twice in a row in a  thread.

And we most certainly didn't lock the GNFR thread because we didn't get what it was about. I know what a penis is, but I really don't understand the need to make a game out of it. Anyways that's not what this thread is about.  I just wanted to clear up that we're not locking everything that isn't obvious from the get go, unlike you made it sound earlier with this quote
Ok,I was out of line with my last  post and I don't want to go down this road so I am going to nip this in the bud before anything getts started so I apologise to you UI.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2003, 06:31:01 PM »

ok i was visiting the jungle and saw the gnfr thread locked and i thought "holy shit, the shit will hit the fan"

i was correct

so i visited the administrative section and what did i see? 6 pages already! damn!

ive read the gnfr thread a few times, its like a foreign language to me, i dont understand any of it so i dont read that thread.

i read it today when i saw it was locked and i saw two pages of, its open, its down, wait a sec a 403 error what does that mean? wait its up again, nope its down again

then a ton of posts of all sorts of ip numbers computer language etc.

cmon guys i dont know any threads that would stay open if they did that, i guarantee if their were a thread where 2 straight pages were nothing but i agree, i disagree, right on etc it would be locked also. u guys sort of screwed yourselves by posting nothing.

are their biased on this board? id say so, i dont think in any walk of life people with power dont abuse it on occassion, u guys shouldve known the line u were walkin on in the first place with the whole gnfr thing and shouldve made it a point to not post 2 pages of nothing

however i really see no harm in any thread staying open, i didnt see really where the gnfr thread was breakin rules or hurtin anything, however the 2 pages of its open, isnt open,403 errors, computer languages etc probably didnt help yourselves any.

i love this board, i belong to many message boards and this is by far the best ran board and the most organized board that ive seen. so most the higher ups do a great job but their are some who abuse the power of moderating

i only want this board to stay healthy and stay filled cause it gives me something to do every day for an hour or so and id miss it if this board wasnt here.

however i made a sincere nice sentiment post praising mods,jarmo and my fellow posters one night when i was in a happy mood and what happened, i got friggin bashed! i couldnt believe that

but u take the good with the bad but i love the board i hope u guys settle this in a nice way

shit let them post in the friggin tour section its not like anyone ever visits that part anyway, i just think their should be a civil way to settle this without people getting mad

6 pages in one day cause the gnfr thread was closed, thats amazing!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 06:37:39 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2003, 06:43:12 PM »

i just think their should be a civil way to settle this without people getting mad

That's impossible. People are always gonna be mad about something.

There's always a bunch of people that hate what we do.

Why do you think this board, the mods and I get mentioned in so many threads on different boards?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2003, 06:54:20 PM »

Why do you think this board, the mods and I get mentioned in so many threads on different boards?

/jarmo

Because alot of people disapprove of totalitarian tactics used to squelch the population?  Even on something as simple as a message board?  (and choose to vent said frustration at other places where they can't be censored by the proverbial 'gods from above')

-darknemus
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 06:56:53 PM by darknemus » Logged

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2003, 07:14:48 PM »

Did somebody force you to register? Did somebody point a gun to your head and tell you to register at this board? Who was it? Chris?

I bet it was that Irishman, wasn't it? Wink

As far as I remember, nobody did.

You came here for some reason and if you don't like it here, there are plenty of other boards you might enjoy more.  

Most of the people who have stayed here seem to have accepted that this is the way this place is run. And I suspect many of them don't give a fuck about a thread in The Jungle.....

You're fighting over that thread like it's your baby.  Shocked

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2003, 07:15:09 PM »

/jarmo

Because alot of people disapprove of totalitarian tactics used to squelch the population?  Even on something as simple as a message board?  (and choose to vent said frustration at other places where they can't be censored by the proverbial 'gods from above')

-darknemus

If you, at least, want to be taken seriously on this board, change that signature of yours...

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2003, 07:20:11 PM »

Greece: No.

There's no signature policy that I see, so, again, no.

Jarmo: that thread kind of is / was my baby.  So yep, I sure as hell am.  Sorry if that bothers you.

-darknemus

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2003, 07:21:37 PM »

dark (or one of his pals) seems to think that I see myself as God.

That must be the funniest things I've seen in a while.

But then again, judging by his posts he seems to have a God thing going. A religious crisis?

/jarmo

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2003, 07:22:46 PM »

No religious crisis here.  Heck, I even teach Sunday School on occasion - so no problems there.  Thanks for your concern, though.

-darknemus

rawkr
Whip it... whip it good!
VIP

do what thou will shall be the whole of thy law

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »

-darknemus

You ought be grateful that Jarmo did lock the thread. Honestly...you really do need to get out. Revolution from within? Totalitarian tactics squelching the population? This Che Guevera complex of yours has become rather nauseating. Most boards would have banned you ages ago for being so pompous.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 07:25:34 PM by rawkr » Logged

Beat me, bite me, treat me bad, untie me and I promise not to bite...too hard.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2003, 07:25:14 PM »

Well, apparently you haven't read the rules after all. I suggest you go take a look at them: It's not cool to insult other members of this board.

If I didn't care what a guy like you thinks of me, I could take that as an insult.

Hell, even some religious people might be offended by your signature.

As usual, the people bitching about how we run the board are the ones that doesn't care to look at the rules.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2003, 07:25:38 PM »

Greece: No.

Jarmo: that thread kind of is / was my baby.  So yep, I sure as hell am.  Sorry if that bothers you.

-darknemus

I DID say "if you want to be taken seriously..."

You probably don't care if most people here see you as the joke of the board. I couldn't care less about your signature or you or your past (latigo case, which by the way has become the joke of the board...).

The fact that you're making all this fuzz cause of a thread says a lot...

I rest my case.

Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

The wolf's clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine.

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2003, 07:26:18 PM »

-darknemus

The thread has not been deleted...$7 a month will buy you your own board, ad-free even...c/p all the facts of the main posts there and run with it.  It will not be reopened here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: