Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Axl in the news again
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl in the news again  (Read 9820 times)
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: November 03, 2003, 09:16:06 AM »

Besides the article that I read in the NY times, thanks to Jarmo posting it, I also read the article on Axl in Canyon News in the November issue. beer beer This is the link- I mentioned it yesterday.

http://www.canyongossip.com/artman/publish/article_814.shtml
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 10:04:31 AM »

"One thing that may bear in the equation is the recent changes with Geffen Records. It seems that MCA Records was effectively folded and most of the roster was moved over to Geffen. Word on the street is Geffen will be reorganized and in effect become once again a full self-standing record company (over the past few years Geffen was ran as part of Geffen / Interscope / A&M). What that means is there will be more muscle behind a new GNR release when the time comes."

This is kinda interesting...anybody knows more about that? or was it already discussed somewhere on this board?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 10:08:43 AM by Nightfall » Logged

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 10:07:52 AM »

don't do that again!!! now i know why I had troubles correcting it myself!! rant rant rant rant rant

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 10:22:07 AM »

don't do that again!!! now i know why I had troubles correcting it myself!! rant rant rant rant rant

Shut up, I fixed it for you. Tongue

Here's a thing about Geffen:

In the U.S., Universal folded its MCA label and wrapped its operations into those of the Geffen Records label, cutting 60 jobs in the process.

That's from a Wall Street Journal article:

Music Industry's Woes Deepen
With New Job Cuts at Universal

By Ethan Smith
October 16, 2003 - Wall Street Journal

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 04:58:41 PM »

Don't want to burst any bubble of happiness here, but........

this particular line of the article, where it is said that Axl appeared fit and youthful...

wasn't that or something very similar stated in that Anti music article earlier this year?  I could have sworn I read that before in another article.

Sounds like this isn't anything new to me...however, in reality, no one knows what the fuck Axl Rose is doing.  Axl even said it himself in that interview last year....the one posted on mygnr.com ....he doesn't go around promoting himself unless he has some kind of product to go along with it.

Either this journalist plagerised some of the article, or there isn't any new "news" and they had to resurrect a piece of journalism the best they could by splicing bits and pieces of gossip already out there.

Anyway, any Axl news is good news imo. peace

Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 05:24:44 PM »

If I read the article correct- didn't it say according to a source. love
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 09:20:13 PM »

If I read the article correct- didn't it say according to a source. love

Well, unfortunately,  "source" didn't have a name associated with it....i still think the 'source' was bits and pieces of information and that line was from the Anti Music article earlier this year.

Anyways, all I care about is that Axl is happy, healthy, and enjoying himself.  I think that when CD does come out, we are all gonna be taken by surprise and kicked in the ass because Uncle Axl will once again, take back the music world and wear the crown of official/greatest frontman ever  Cheesy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 12:30:27 AM »

Man, this journalist took half his article from antimusic.com, without even mentioning the site.

Original: "Contrary to popular opinion and press reports, Axl was down to earth and very friendly with those who approached him and freely answered questions. A lot of people commented on how good he looked as well and in person Axl did appear fit and youthful."

Copy: "According to one of my sources Axl is very down to earth and very friendly contrary to popular opinion and press reports. A lot of people commented on how good he looked as well and in person Axl did appear fit and youthful."

Original: "One thing that may bear in the equation is the recent changes with Geffen Records. Last week MCA Records was effectively folded and most of the roster was moved over to Geffen. Word on the street is Geffen will be reorganized and in effect become once again a full self-standing record company (over the past few years Geffen was ran as part of Geffen / Interscope / A&M). What that means is there will be more muscle behind a new GNR release when the time comes. Although Axl didn?t really touch upon this recent change, it may be a favorable factor in the release of the album. Or it could mean that Axl, like many musicians, is simply a perfectionist and couldn?t sit with the idea of releasing music he felt wasn?t perfect."

Copy: "One thing that may bear in the equation is the recent changes with Geffen Records. It seems that MCA Records was effectively folded and most of the roster was moved over to Geffen. Word on the street is Geffen will be reorganized and in effect become once again a full self-standing record company (over the past few years Geffen was ran as part of Geffen / Interscope / A&M). What that means is there will be more muscle behind a new GNR release when the time comes.  According to the source  Axl didn' touch the subject, it may be a favorable factor in the release of the album."

His "source" is this antimusic article:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=730

About 5 months late...Cool to see Axl/ GN'R in the news but the "journalist" wrote (pasted) a very average article (pasted 5 months after the original article, the article isn't really consistent because he only took a few excerpts from the original, etc.)

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 01:38:48 AM »

Good detectivework insupportofaxl & Will ok

edit to say: better now insupportofaxl? Wink

« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 06:22:11 PM by Kiki » Logged

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2003, 03:24:46 PM »

Yes- great work Will ok It seems that news travels very fast. http://www.canyongossip.com/artman/publish/article_814.shtml  

beer
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 10:08:34 PM »

I don't know if what I brought up made them modify their article but I'm glad to see they did it and mentioned Antimusic.com... Smiley

I admire their mea culpa though... yes
« Last Edit: November 04, 2003, 10:09:38 PM by Will » Logged

insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2003, 10:14:39 PM »

LMFAO!!!

Good detective work Will???

I am the one who said it was from Antimusic.

If it wasn't for my input, Luckyme would have been misled.

Get your accolades right mods Wink
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 08:38:12 PM »

oops, replied to my own post...oh well..

yes, Kiki, much better....leave it to the women mods to be on top of things  beer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: