Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Pandemoniumfromamerica Album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pandemoniumfromamerica Album  (Read 5945 times)
MetaSouL
Opening Act

Just like missionaries...real-time visionaries.

« on: November 10, 2003, 03:12:13 PM »

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/content_objectid=13605491_method=full_siteid=86024_headline=-BILLY--I-LL-RUN-RINGS-ROUND-POP-WORLD-name_page.html

BILLY: I'LL RUN RINGS ROUND POP WORLD

By Toby Mcdonald

LORD of the Rings star Billy Boyd is planning to lord it in the pop charts with the release of a new album.

Glasgow-born Billy who plays hobbit Pippin Took recorded the CD with American rockers Guns `N' Roses and Lord of the Rings co-stars Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen and Dominic Monaghan.

Their album, Pandemoniumfromamerica, will be released in two weeks.

For Billy, who used to play in Glasgow band Foreign Company, it will be his second launch of the month.

His latest movie, Master and Commander, with Russell Crowe, premieres in America this week with a royal premiere in London later this month. During the five months spentfilming the Napoleonic wars sailing saga off Mexico, Billy sat in on musical sessions with Crowe, who has toured America with his own group, Thirty Odd Foot Of Grunts.

Billy, 35, joked: ``Russell and I are both musicians and got on very well together. He is a very cool guy and we had lots of laughs. He never once punched me!''

The actor was able to pick up a few music tips last week after meeting his hero Justin Timberlake at the MTV Europe awards in Edinburgh.

Billy and fellow Scots star Gerard Butler presented the award for Best Hip-hop to Eminem, who accepted by video link.

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=52669&cat=1027

Lord Of The Rings Stars To Release Album
November 10, 2003
Lord of the Rings star Viggo Mortensen has recruited co-stars Rlijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan and Billy Boyd as guest stars on his upcoming musical album.

Mortensen has been working with the three Hobbit actors as well as rockers Guns 'N Roses, on the long-player Pandamoniumfromamerica to be released later this month.

And British Boyd has also been demonstrating his musical talents by performing with Hollywood hunk Russell Crowe's band Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts during recent gigs.

Billy says, "Russell and I are both musicians and got on very well together. He is a very cool guy and we had lots of laughs. He never once punched me!"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 10:11:21 PM »

RollingStone (mag) Issue 940, January 22, 2004

Hobbit Rock & Roll
Having conquered Mount Doom, Viggo Mortensen is at least ready to unleash a collaboration between Frodo and Buckethead.  Mortensen, that hunky Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings, enlisted various Hobbits and the G n' R guitarist for Pandenmoniumfromamerica, a disc of experimental sounds and spoken word.  "I do chipmunk voices," says Elijah Wood.  Adds Mortensen, "I play a wheelchair and a motorcycle muffler."  Will you need a bong rip before listening?  "Not really," says Mortensen.  Although, he admits, "You'll probably feel like you're stoned."

« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 10:15:20 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RZ4
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 11:56:20 PM »

Buckethead is great. Smiley
madagas
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 12:27:47 PM »

He is a big motherfucker as well nervous
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 01:54:25 PM »

hmmm.. .bucketehad is the weirdest guy ever..... but he is GRRRRRREAAT! ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 09:36:01 PM »

I have never seen a guitarist fingers move so freakin fast a I did when I saw GnR in T.O....Bucket rules Grin

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 11:22:38 AM »

He is a big motherfucker as well nervous

That's only cos Elijah Wood's a shrimp!

Blilly Boyd's sooooooo cute!  drool

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 12:38:15 PM »

Looking forward to hearing that...jam style fun albums often work out really well, cos it's not a pressured 'got to release an album' scenario. And Buckethead rules all.

And the contributions of Messers Wood and Boyd et al will be interesting  Grin

Whose album is it, Mortensen or Boyd?

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004, 01:58:13 PM »

Viggio Mortensen
MetaSouL
Opening Act

Just like missionaries...real-time visionaries.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004, 06:17:06 PM »

I bought it...very political album, leftist, with a poetical style, the LOTR cast contributions are very trippy.  I think it's great that my favorite political dissenter, Noam Chomsky, now has ties to GNR... obviously influnced Mortensen and Buckethead due to the album dedication to him.  I hope Axl is influenced as well, would love to see him stir up some people on a similar note via Chinese Democracy...

~M
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: