Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Pandemoniumfromamerica
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pandemoniumfromamerica  (Read 6695 times)
GNfnR2
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: November 21, 2003, 01:29:55 PM »

Taken from http://www.percevalpress.com/pandcd.html

CD OUT NOW!!!

Pandemoniumfromamerica
Buckethead & Viggo Dedicated to Noam Chomsky and using William Blake, Jonathan Swift, and Rumi's prescient wordplay as its point of departure, Pandemoniumfromamerica is a sonic snapshot of 21st century disorientation and dissent. Featuring the nuanced wizardry of guitarist Buckethead and compelling turns from Viggo, Henry, Elijah, Dom, Travis and Billy, Perceval's latest music release is a collection of spoken word exercises and aural collage that wanders mournfully through high lonesome minimalism and dense atmospheres in search of redemption. 14 tracks, total running time 44:22. $10

you can order it from here http://www.percevalpress.com/pandcd.html
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 01:44:44 PM »

Thanks, just ordered it... peace
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 07:33:38 PM »

Thanks, just ordered it... peace

Be sure to let us know how you like it. peace Or not like it.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 07:17:36 AM »

Doesn't really sound like my thing...sounds like some sort of hippy project. but yeah let us know, if its any good.

What Goes around comes around!
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 12:21:14 PM »

http://tdrsmusic.com/viggomortensen.html

Yeah I'll let ya know how it is...sounds kinda interesting to me...I didn't know Frodo enjoyed singing...some of the new pics are rather cute from a BH perspective...one show you can actually see his eyes very well because the eye holes are oversized...scary...almost...looks....human Lips Sealed
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 05:11:23 PM »

Okay, guess what came in the mail: Pandemoniumfromamerica
Actually the general feel of the album is that of a soundtrack...if you ever bought a movie soundtrack (like Beetlejuice...ie a soundtrack that has instrumentals, orchestration, spoken word)
Red River Valley starts off with a feel like you get when you listen to chicken scratch off of the GNR bootlegs (only it starts out a bit slower-country walz tempo) but then it evolves into a funky bass space trip (really cool--BH plays bass and getar on that one) the spoke words pieces (pandemoniumfrom america, shadow... are pretty cool.  Back to babylon is awesome...leave it and holyhead (both instrumental) had a finger licking tinge of Colma in it with regard to the tone of his guitar. Fall of Troy has a total indian feel with that "twang" on the guitar.
Overall it's an interesting CD with some grreat musical gems, woven in a blanket of words and sounds. You might want to put this on on Sunday morning with your coffee, but it wouldn't be a "must have" at a 'party' or anything.
Some asides, the pics you see on the web link are actually on the inside of the title page...album is dedicated to noam chomsky.  peace hihi
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 08:11:11 PM »

isn't it funny the crap we buy just because it features people are salaried to be in GN'R....i bought the BT album, not great...
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 08:12:48 AM »

Who's BT? I didn't say it was crap...I happen to like Buckethead. In my opinion, the only truly worthy thing Axl has done since he came out of the house is to introduce Buckethead to much of the East Coast...btw, I think Buckethead (at this moment) is making more money via his own endeavors than GNR--What the heck have they done lately....uhhh NOTHING
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: