Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:27:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Tommy Lee
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Lee  (Read 7435 times)
DigitalFOX
« on: December 03, 2003, 06:20:23 PM »

I just downloaded the Tommy Lee solo album "Never a Dull Moment" last nite, personnaly i think this album has some amazing tracks on it, just wondered wat everybody else thought of this and if anybody knew when and if tommy was plannin on bringin out a new album.

Cheers

Fox
darkdays_01
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 08:13:59 PM »

I bought thta cd and i was really surprised it does have some very good songs on it , i recommend it ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 08:22:30 PM »

ive been telling people for a long time how great tommy lee is

blue is an awesome song! probablythe best
ashamed is another great song
why is it another of my personal favs
hold me down was the single and is good

tommy's record if it had been released by a new artist instead of a motley crue drummer wouldve went double platinum, tommy is very very talented and thats why motley if he returns can be big again

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
darkdays_01
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 08:32:50 PM »

D, man i agree with you 100% . Blue is a great song, probably the best, yeah Tommy Lee is a real talented guy, what is it with these drummers get out front sing decent and play a decent guitar, Dave Grohl is f'in awesome as well.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 12:54:45 AM »

tommy's record if it had been released by a new artist instead of a motley crue drummer wouldve went double platinum, tommy is very very talented and thats why motley if he returns can be big again
I believe it was Nikki that wrote 90% of Motley's Classics not Tommy!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 02:33:52 AM »

Nikki wrote most of the songs..so I've heard also. but in the book "dirt" and generally Tommy Lee is considered the talented member in Motley Cr?e.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 03:24:14 AM »

I liked the album. Blue is by far the best song on it. Y'know how the CD looks all scratched? I bought it when I was with my girlfriend, opened it up, and said "Fuck! It's brand new and it's scratched to shit!".........She looked so shocked and concerned..............hahaha

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
BostonGunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 06:51:14 AM »

I really liked "Never a Dull Moment."  I think that it was one of the best CDs of 2002.  It's a lot of fun. The Crue ain't the Crue without Tommy.
darkdays_01
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 05:37:42 PM »

I liked the album. Blue is by far the best song on it. Y'know how the CD looks all scratched? I bought it when I was with my girlfriend, opened it up, and said "Fuck! It's brand new and it's scratched to shit!".........She looked so shocked and concerned..............hahaha
I thought the samething, it is kinda funny reading the middle of the disk it says "This cd's not fucked up-are you? funny shit, think i am going to listen to it now. yes
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 02:09:53 AM »

tommy's record if it had been released by a new artist
instead of a motley crue drummer wouldve went double platinum, tommy is very very talented and thats why motley if he returns can be big again

Yeah I got cd after hearing the single its good. I like Blue alot... If I'm not mistaken I did read somewhere he's working on a new one unless it gets push back for so called reunion I been hearing about ....

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Nick83
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 01:47:57 PM »

see, Tommy Lee fucked himself big time because of trend riding.  By the time he came out with something that was decent and had potential, people didn't want to hear it and nodody gave a fuck.  He screwed himself by acting like a wigger/ and rapping just because it was the cool thing to do at the time.  he should have stuck to his roots. Tommy Lee is a rock drummer. Nobody wants to see his candy ass rapping.  it's just wrong and would never be accepted.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 08:16:48 PM »

Tommy cowrote a lot of motley hits on dr feelgood and tommy wrote the piano of home sweet home so nikki is a great writer but tommy proved how great he is so collectively they can really come up with some kick ass shit for a new motley record

tommy is working on a new cdhe cohosted sharon osbournes talk show and said he hoped to be finished next spring, he is fucking Pink right now and when he returns to the CRUE it will kick so much ass

i have tons of motley crue downloaded on my xboxlive that i listen to when i play my games and i forgot how fuckin awesome they are, kickstart my heart live wire, wildside are just a few i have on there

the methods of mayhem rap shit was weird, i like the new skin song on there without the stupid fuckin kid rock rap

never a dull moment is a great cd however
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 08:17:51 PM by D » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 10:25:35 PM »

Nikki wrote most of the songs..so I've heard also.

Well, it isn't a matter of what someone "heard", if you read the writing credits to the albums, you'll see that Nikki wrote 98% of the lyrics and about 75% of the music.

but in the book "dirt" and generally Tommy Lee is considered the talented member in Motley Cr?e.

But on what basis?  Tommy is a hell of a great drummer, no doubt about it.  But what makes him more talented than any of the other Crue guys?  It's apples and oranges you're comparing anyway, since they all play a different role in the band.

Tommy IS more musically talented, not necessarily writing wise but instrument wise, as u know NIkki was always thought of as a pretty shitty bass player it says so in the dirt

tommy however plays Drums better than anyone he is also a pretty decent guitarist as well and plays a mean piano

so yes tommy is the most talented member of the crue

oh yeah he can also sing like amotherfucker to

so u gotta give tommy his props

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2004, 08:38:42 AM »

According to the latest Popbitch.com newsletter, Ashton Kutcher ("That '70s Show", "The Butterfly Effect") has been approached to play Tommy Lee in the movie adaptation of M?tley Cr?e's best-selling band autobiography, "The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band". M?tley Cr?e bassist Nikki Sixx had previously stated that his early favorite to play him in the movie was "Jackass" star Johnny Knoxville.

M?tley Cr?e, who are expected to embark on a farewell tour in 2005 to coincide with the film's release, signed a deal in 2002 with Paramount Pictures and MTV Films to turn "The Dirt" into a Hollywood movie. Rich Wilkes ("XXX") was subsequently tapped to write the script. A director for the project has yet to be announced.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 02:26:27 AM »

The Cr?e were always an underrated band, and each member brings something great to the music.  Nikki Sixx is personally my favourite member, since he wrote most of the lyrics and music (have you read the lyrics to M?tley's tunes?  They're a lot more interesting than most people think).  Tommy Lee is probably the best rock drummer of the 80s, perfect for the Cr?e, but to say that he is the most talented member is to overestimate his contribution to the band.  M?tley was one of those bands where all the members made equal and necessary contributions.

My thoughts about Tommy have always been a bit mixed.  I've always thought he was a total trendhopper (the Coolio haircut? the technophilia? yikes!), and "Get Naked" is an absolutely horrible song.  I mean, I can't stand it.  That said, I just heard "Blue", and you're right, it's a really good song.  I'm really surprised, actually...a lot of his solo stuff has been less than stellar.  He's an amazing drummer, and for the first time for well over 10 years, he's gone longish hair again.  So that's cool.

Ashton Kutcher is gonna play Tommy?  That would be really good, but I tell ya, it's gonna get harder and harder for this kid to break out of his himbo roles.  Grin
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 06:41:40 PM »

what put me off Tommy Lee was that Methods of Mayhem shit, that was fuckin' terable.
i'll check out the new one if it's as good as some of you think. ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
K-Rock
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2004, 10:13:24 PM »

so does anybody know if hes gonna release another solo album anytime in the future?

Hard to believe but the record company dropped him because Never A Dull Moment did not sell well.

I also loved the cd....Blue & Hold Me Down are my favs.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 09:47:41 AM »

Tommy Lee will make a cameo appearance in the upcoming movie "10th & Wolf". The film, a Mafia tale about a South Philadelphia family, is scheduled to begin shooting in Pittsburgh in September. "10th & Wolf", directed by Robert Moresco, will star Val Kilmer and Freddie Prinze Jr.

Still no definate reunion plans seems Tommy is occupied with other things.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 11:51:17 PM »

will be out on October 19th.

ok
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2004, 12:22:43 PM »

Sure, he already told his life story in The Dirt.  Why bother rehashing it for this new book, aside from the updates?

I notice that another member of The Cr?e is following the same path - Nikki is soon going to be releasing a book called The Heroin Diaries that basically looks in more detail at his junkie years - 1987-88.  Personally, I thought that The Dirt was enough - probably the most read book in my library.  But hell, if the guys in the band want to put out more stuff, why argue with that?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: