Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Riki Rachtman: GnR 2 year tour and album soon.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riki Rachtman: GnR 2 year tour and album soon.  (Read 15474 times)
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« on: December 07, 2003, 07:05:36 PM »

On Racing Rocks w/ Riki Rachtman (I DJ at WIRX, an affiliate that carrys the show):

Rachtman said he spoke with the GnR camp and says that in a couple months, GnR will be embarking on a 2-year-tour. Chinese Democracy will be released "VERY soon."

Interesting...

[EDIT] Noticed another topic about this in the GnR forum, sorry about that!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 07:25:21 PM by PeterCoffin » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 07:30:14 PM »

Thanks for posting that, it's interesting.

WIRX sounds familiar...anyone know what city that is?

Ali
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 08:03:42 PM »

I'm skeptical about this. Hopefully its true

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 08:33:53 PM »

I wonder if the member was Axl because I thought him and riki were friends
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 08:45:32 PM »

I know they were. Its possible. Axl could easily stop into the cathouse or give riki a call, or riki could easily drive to axls. Its only like 35-35 miles apart. (Less than a half hour with no traffic.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 12:51:48 AM »

I think we can trust Riki.  The only thing is, are we absolutely sure it was him bringing this news.  Hopefully so, cause I can't imagine Riki being full of shit about Gn'R stuff.  Let's hope for the best on this
DemocracyRose
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 02:01:03 PM »

It could be another pratical joke from a person, who wants to make fun of GNR fans.... Angry
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 07:18:09 PM »

Rikki's cool I think.  I wonder if him and Axl are still buds, it was Axl that got him the Headbangers Ball job.
coolbuddy
Rocker

patience is all you need....

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 01:49:42 PM »

well I care about is  Rikki has some great news to tell!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2003, 09:31:30 PM »

Thanks for posting that, it's interesting.

WIRX sounds familiar...anyone know what city that is?

Ali
Benton Harbor, MI - A nothing station in nowheresville. But an awesome job, I'll tell you.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2003, 09:41:47 PM »

in a couple months, GnR will be embarking on a 2-year-tour.

If what Rachtman says is true, don't you guys think we would have already heard about live dates (except those in 5 months...)?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 06:11:34 AM »

On Racing Rocks w/ Riki Rachtman (I DJ at WIRX, an affiliate that carrys the show):

Rachtman said he spoke with the GnR camp and says that in a couple months, GnR will be embarking on a 2-year-tour. Chinese Democracy will be released "VERY soon."

Interesting...

[EDIT] Noticed another topic about this in the GnR forum, sorry about that!

Hopefully........though if they are embarking on a tour in a couple of months they better actually let the world know they are, they would be leaving it rather late to do so....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 11:00:14 AM »

in a couple months, GnR will be embarking on a 2-year-tour.

If what Rachtman says is true, don't you guys think we would have already heard about live dates (except those in 5 months...)?

A normal band would, but we're not talking about a normal band.  hihi

If they're planning to hit some festivals for a while, then we probably wouldn't be hearing too many dates. Now if they were leasing a venue themselves then yes. The festivals are still trying to book acts...

I found some Riki quotes:

13. What's up with Axl? You seem to have had a pretty good relationship with him. The videos, the club, he wore your swag. When was the last time you saw or talked with Mr. Rose?

I owe a lot to A Rose. The last time I spoke to him was when I got arrested for beating up that DJ. He saw it on the news and called me to suggest an attorney. We dont really talk anymore but I cant wait for new GNR. They are the best fuckin rock band period

ok

4. Name the 3 best and the 3 worst Cathouse memories?

The very best was when I opened CATHOUSE Arizona. 1500 people started waiting inline at 3:00 in the afternoon. Having Alice Cooper play on Halloween was great and Ill never forget Axl chasing David Bowie down the street. The worse memory was realizing in 93 it was over. I remember having to go on stage and tell the crowd Alice in Chains wouldnt go on cuz the drummer was dope sick.

hihi

I'll try and see if he really said that about the album and tour. If I find something I'll post it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 11:02:47 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2004, 08:24:50 PM »

Riki really said it, the thing we all don't know about is if it was true. Don't worry about finding proof that he said it; I wasn't the only one that heard it - the show has a decent ammount of listeners. If you are going to do some PI work, then start snooping around Geffen or Axl's house for us.

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2004, 09:12:16 PM »

Why was axl chasing david bowie down the street
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2004, 10:05:38 PM »

Riki really said it, the thing we all don't know about is if it was true. Don't worry about finding proof that he said it; I wasn't the only one that heard it - the show has a decent ammount of listeners. If you are going to do some PI work, then start snooping around Geffen or Axl's house for us.

Nah, I just e-mailed Riki. I'm not going anywhere near Axl's house. He'd probably sick Beta on me  Embarrassed

I think the story with Bowie was that he was hitting on Erin Everly and Axl punched him, and it took Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton to calm him down, or it was a few days later and they talked to him. Whatever it was Bowie took Axl out to dinner to apologize.

raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2004, 02:40:51 AM »

Nah, I just e-mailed Riki. I'm not going anywhere near Axl's house. He'd probably sick Beta on me  Embarrassed

I think the story with Bowie was that he was hitting on Erin Everly and Axl punched him, and it took Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton to calm him down, or it was a few days later and they talked to him. Whatever it was Bowie took Axl out to dinner to apologize.

Jagger and Clapton walked up to Axl and congradulated him.  They said they both had wanted to punch Bowie out for years.  Leave it to Axl to smack the "Godfather of Glam."   hihi

And since we're on the subject of offending rock-legends...

One time Slash and his then-girlfriend went out to dinner with Keith Richards Keith's parents.  During the meal Slash made an off-handed joke at his parent's expense.  Keith took it the wrong way and pulled a switch-blade on him.  Fortunately they all calmed him down.  rofl

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
RZ4
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2004, 08:13:34 AM »

I e-mailed Riki and he confirmed that he heard what he said on his show from a really reliable source. Here's the thread:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9416

« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 08:14:11 AM by RZ4 » Logged
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 09:29:05 PM »

Riki just said on his latest edition that he's "sniffing out a new GnR story" and that "more details will come at a later broadcast." I wonder if he's trying to dig deeper based on emails he's getting about the previous mention...

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 10:05:37 PM »

Riki just said on his latest edition that he's "sniffing out a new GnR story" and that "more details will come at a later broadcast." I wonder if he's trying to dig deeper based on emails he's getting about the previous mention...

That's cool, keep us informed, man.

I knew he'd get hammered with e-mails  hihi

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: