Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:44:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  easier gn'r solos
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: easier gn'r solos  (Read 23719 times)
Sean
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2004, 10:50:14 PM »

playing a solo is not only about playing the notes its also about playing with feeling and thats the hard part.
By the way im new here and i look forward to getting to know you guys. beer
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2004, 01:35:01 PM »

playing a solo is not only about playing the notes its also about playing with feeling and thats the hard part.
By the way im new here and i look forward to getting to know you guys. beer

right!
but when i learn a solo, i dont even try to sound like slash, just let slash work guide me.. it might end up sounding pretty much the same, but i like to just do my own little twist in them!  ok

welcome dude...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2004, 11:30:18 PM »

Slash is way better than Vai and Satriani!

Amen to that dude.

Slashisthebest ... guitar player ever

Grin

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
EVH
Banned
Headliner

Kickin' ass on the wild side!

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2004, 07:50:19 PM »

The best guitarists ever (not in order) jerry garcia, slash, angus young, jimmy page, jimi hendrix, stevie ray vaughan, van halen, eric clapton, dave gilmour... im prob missing a few, and oh yeah kurt cobain dosent belong on this list...

Velvet Revolver RULE
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2004, 08:02:27 AM »

Yeah slash rules and why the hell is kurt cobain on some of those lists he isnt that good

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
EVH
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2004, 03:28:08 PM »

He sucks and dosen't belong on any lists.

Velvet Revolver RULE
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 06:45:55 PM »

Yeah slash rules and why the hell is kurt cobain on some of those lists he isnt that good
Well, technically he wasn't exactly Shawn Lane, but as a songwriter he was pretty good.  And clearly these lists aren't compiled entirely on technique, because if they were they'd be full of Jazz, Fusion, Country and a few Metal guitarists and zero Blues guitarists and probably no rock guitarists.

Someone said to me the other day that Kirk Hammett was the best technical guitarist in the world.  I laughed so hard I started crying.  They tried to argue with me that he was.  I try to avoid talking to people with such low IQ's normally.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
EVH
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2004, 11:33:30 PM »

maybe he is in the top top 100.. angus young is better than him

Velvet Revolver RULE
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2004, 09:53:56 AM »

maybe he is in the top top 100.. angus young is better than him
Who? Hammett? His technique is miles better than Young, who's technique is pretty shit really.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2004, 12:04:43 PM »

yeah kirk is better technically...........but i like angus's style a lot.......dunno why........especially with the fact that a lot of his solo's aren't exactly hard (shook me all night long, highway to hell etc).

i been playing for a little over 3 months now.........and i really really hate learning other ppl's solo's.......its a damn bitch with the timing and everything. Never learnt a guns n roses solo......nor do i plan to unless the time comes that i need to. Only solo i've ever learnt note for note is the one from detroit rock city.

If i cover a song, for the solo i have the tune in my head......i know the scales it uses............so i just let it rip as best as i can technically do. I dunno i just find it better to learn how to solo yourself, although you wont impress your friends because yours sounded different from the way its supposed to be played, atleast your playing your own way. Thats the most important thing (to me anyway)..........unless your in a cover band.

I dunno maybe i'll learn some proper solos in 5 years time. Thats my 2 cents on the solo discussion.
EVH
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2004, 01:02:59 PM »

Kirk Hammet is deffinitly not better than Angus Young , metallica is highly overrated band..

Velvet Revolver RULE
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2004, 02:33:42 PM »

yeah kirk is better technically...........but i like angus's style a lot.......dunno why........especially with the fact that a lot of his solo's aren't exactly hard (shook me all night long, highway to hell etc).

i been playing for a little over 3 months now.........and i really really hate learning other ppl's solo's.......its a damn bitch with the timing and everything. Never learnt a guns n roses solo......nor do i plan to unless the time comes that i need to. Only solo i've ever learnt note for note is the one from detroit rock city.

If i cover a song, for the solo i have the tune in my head......i know the scales it uses............so i just let it rip as best as i can technically do. I dunno i just find it better to learn how to solo yourself, although you wont impress your friends because yours sounded different from the way its supposed to be played, atleast your playing your own way. Thats the most important thing (to me anyway)..........unless your in a cover band.

I dunno maybe i'll learn some proper solos in 5 years time. Thats my 2 cents on the solo discussion.

yeah, but i think its ipmortant, when you are a begginer, to learn solo's for the speed's sake... heel, if i didnt play the solo's i know, my sped would have sucked.. wich is atctulay does anyway, so :p
but if you can make a solo when a beginner that sounds good, go ahead!  ok
oh, when i learn a solo, i dont even try to copy the artist..... i mean, you can play exactly like Slash or Angus or whoever, wow.... ? big deal...  peace  but if you play those solo, you aree doing something right :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2004, 03:30:08 PM »

Angus is a better technician than Kirk?

Are you serious?

EVH
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2004, 03:59:59 PM »

Angus is better than Kirk and Slash is better than them both, technically.

Velvet Revolver RULE
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2004, 07:00:14 PM »

Angus is better than Kirk and Slash is better than them both, technically.

Sorry dude, but Angus DEFINATELY isnt better techinically than Hammet. You may prefer angus, but if you listen to metallicas solos, especially the old ones (disposable heroes, master of puppets, the four horsemen) you?ll easily note that Kirk is WAAAAAY better techinically
EVH
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2004, 07:56:57 PM »

Maybe a little faster, not better.

Velvet Revolver RULE
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2004, 11:32:32 AM »

Maybe a little faster, not better.

heheheh.. a LITTLE faster?? Besides, I never said kirk hammet was better, I said he?s better techinically, which he in fact is
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2004, 12:19:46 PM »

Hammett's better technically.
EVH
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2004, 03:42:09 PM »

listen to Thunderstruck

Velvet Revolver RULE
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2004, 05:41:24 PM »

What about it?  The riff isn't exactly hard and the solo is messy.

Look, I'm one of the biggest AC/DC fans you'll ever meet, and I think Angus is an amazing guitarist, but not because of his technique, which is not as good as Hammett's.  I dunno why you think it is...I mean, even Angus says his technique is crap. Huh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: