Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  easier gn'r solos
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: easier gn'r solos  (Read 23715 times)
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2004, 05:41:35 PM »

Like someone said, if you ara after the most technically skilled guitarist...none of these guys would be on there. The list would be filled with classical, jazz, blue grass players nobody probably ever heard of before.

Some people think Eruption by Van Halen is hard (and I agree, it is very hard) until they try playing a classical song and realize what impossible truly means.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2004, 10:13:42 PM »

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but...

"Used To Love Her" is probably the easiest GN'R song to learn, for a beginner.

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "Patience" are right up there with it too.

UTLH and KOHD are three chords a piece, and "Patience" is (counts), 5. (6, if you count the one F chord at the very end.)

"Its So Easy" is relatively easy too, once you get the timing down. "Mama Kin" is fun to play, and not too hard either.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »

"Its So Easy" is relatively easy too, once you get the timing down. "Mama Kin" is fun to play, and not too hard either.
Mama Kin solo???  For a beginner?  I don't think so somehow...

What've you been smoking lessy?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2004, 06:02:54 PM »

Not necessarily the solo, Miz. T0he rhythm part is very easy, and if you know the proper key and scales to mess around with, the solo isn't that hard either.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2004, 11:37:13 PM »

The solo is just fast.  There's no two ways about it, a beginner wouldn't have a chance.  Anyone playing under 2 years wouldn't have a chance.

Go change your strings Tongue

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2004, 05:33:08 AM »

anyone playing under 2yrs wouldn't have a chance eh

i havent heard the gunners version. couldnt find it on kazaa. but i found a version of it on guitar pro. its pretty short, but real fast. is that the one?

hmmm 16th notes at 156bpm. biggest challenge would be the 16th note triplets that make a tiny appearence nervous

i've been playing for around 9 months now.........and i can manage some runs up the whole neck at 16th notes at 140bpm.........any faster and i get real sloppy or start playing triplet notes instead or something.

but i think i could manage this one in a while. its definetly tough, but i'm gonna start learning it. im gonna take ur challenge and see if i can do it by a years playing which would be mid november when i started last year. this is gonna screw up my practice schedule but ah well.

your on miz. i'll raise the stakes and see if i can play it cleanly with only one years playing.

oh....and if/when i record it......it'll be my 15watt amp next to the standard mic in the computer...........oh yeah! smoking
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2004, 01:40:13 PM »

actually scratch that challenge.........i just discovered my mic on my comp doesnt even work.

by the time i buy proper recording equipment i would have been playing a lot longer than 2 years.

im still gonna attempt to learn it........there's just gonna be no way for me to prove my success/failure.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: