Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Leeds Festival 2004
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Festival 2004  (Read 39553 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2004, 05:23:50 PM »

Ive heard of The Smiths and heard The Smiths and they are crap IMO.

And no, like you UI i will wait until the other acts are confirmed, if there are some wee icle hardcore bands and rock and roll bands playing the tents then i may go for one day.

I love the festival atmosphere, the weed, the drunken bastards and i wanna go to one definately, whether it be Leeds, Download(preferably) or HITS i wanna go...meet some fellow stoners/Rockers and have a good time for a few times then come back to the shit that is life!

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004, 03:23:42 PM »

The Smiths are brilliant!  But I've not heard any of Morrisey's solo stuff so I don't know if its as good as The Smiths.

But regardless, it's still a sucky lineup.

I'd like to see the White Stripes, but I don't think The Darkness should be headlining because they've only got 1 album and so not enough decent material.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:32:46 PM by Miz » Logged

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2004, 05:28:28 PM »

What an awful line up - they should be ashamed of themselves, 50 Cent headlining oh my god

Honestly - how many of the bands have u even heard of??? I thought Reading/Leeds was about Killer rock acts not some stage for amaeteurs to train on....

« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 05:31:45 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2004, 05:37:48 PM »

The only band i would like to see is The Wildhearts all the others suck.  I only got into The Wildhearts the other week as well thanx to Chris Misfit ok  but considering their place on the line up, getting a ticket for like a 30 minute set if that ain't worth it like i said before everyone should go Download instead it's far superior.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2004, 06:09:57 PM »

The Donna's and Wildhearts on the same day. That's great! Man, I hope those ladies are touring in August. Beer? Rock n' roll? Pretty ladies? Rock on, baby!

Young Heart Attack and The Bronx on the second day would be sweet.

Dropkicks, Thrice and Green Day on the last day.

But it's the worst line-up that festival has ever had.. I'd just have to sit and drink all day, as apposed to sitting drinking most of the day.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2004, 07:56:22 AM »

The Donnas?  I saw them on some stupid MTVesque documentory last night, ranting about how sexy Jennifer Lopez and Madonna are.  I think i'd rather spend a day climbing into that cesspit of a toilet they had last year... Tongue

Anyways, i'm going, but just for a drugs.  The line-up is so bad I wanna cry.

One thing though:  Chris - will see you at The Wildhearts!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2004, 10:05:31 AM »

I'm not going man.

Please go see The Donnas, baby, because they rock. By far the most rock n' roll band in the mainstream. Their riffage is untouched, and their melodies are fantastic.

Try downloading Backstage or 40 Boys in 40 Nights, and get ready for the rock, and then the roll.

PS= Check the Dangerfields thread I put up the other day, because you're coming to see them play with the Groovie Ghoulies (ramones type surf punk) at Junction 7. I'm dragging all the scrubs and punkers to this one, baby.

Rock on, fuckers.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2004, 07:12:53 AM »

The Distillers are to appear at the Carling Weekend: Reading And Leeds Festivals, filling the slot so far billed as ?Special Guests?. Brody Dalle?s punk powered quartet will grace the main stage between The Hives and Jurassic 5 at Reading on Friday 27th August and Leeds on Saturday 28th August.

Other acts added to the bill include Washington State?s Modest Mouse, Ex-Queens Of The Stone Age collaborators Mark Lanegan and Nick Oliveri and Anglo American girl/boy duo The Kills.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2004, 07:34:04 AM »

Im looking forward to seeing The Darkness, The Streets, The Wildhearts and Young Heart Attack (Stoned you should check them out) mainly. Got my ticket a few weeks back!

Are The Distillers any good? ok

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2004, 07:51:11 AM »

They are if you like out of tune bollocks i saw some of them at Donnington i stared at the Brody's ass most of the time she's not bad looking, then i fucked off to my tent for a bit of booze and could hear them in the distance not really worth it.  I wanna see The Wildhearts but am not going just for them.  So Lineker dude who are this Young Heart Attack and what makes ya think id like 'em then?  Thing is i wanted to go to Leeds this year make it 3 years in a row and i love the festival experience but unless i discover other bands playing i like i ain't gonna show.

P.S. How the fuck can anyone look forward to The Streets?
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2004, 08:02:44 AM »

They are if you like out of tune bollocks i saw some of them at Donnington i stared at the Brody's ass most of the time she's not bad looking, then i fucked off to my tent for a bit of booze and could hear them in the distance not really worth it.  I wanna see The Wildhearts but am not going just for them.  So Lineker dude who are this Young Heart Attack and what makes ya think id like 'em then?  Thing is i wanted to go to Leeds this year make it 3 years in a row and i love the festival experience but unless i discover other bands playing i like i ain't gonna show.

Well - i may go watch them for some eye candy then ok

Young Heart Attack sound like classic rock - they have 2 singers - a guy who sounds like Bon Scott and a women who adds a cool touch to the sounds - there cool - dwld some of their stuff, especially the song Mouthful of Love.

The Streets are great! Its more like spoken word than singing, but his lyrics are all so true - its like hes describing stuff that happens to you!

You not a fan of The Darkness?

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2004, 08:09:56 AM »

Well - i may go watch them for some eye candy then ok

Young Heart Attack sound like classic rock - they have 2 singers - a guy who sounds like Bon Scott and a women who adds a cool touch to the sounds - there cool - dwld some of their stuff, especially the song Mouthful of Love.

The Streets are great! Its more like spoken word than singing, but his lyrics are all so true - its like hes describing stuff that happens to you!

You not a fan of The Darkness?

I was last year i was really into them and loved seeming them live but ive tired of them this year and if i was there i would see them but forking out for The Darkness & The Wildhearts...mmm...i need more, ill check out Young Heart Attack hopefully i can add them to my list
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2004, 08:35:49 AM »

I think this year with the new album finished they will probably play new material as well as the old classics. Im hoping that some of the bands lower down on the bill turn out to be bands i like - because seeing cool bands in a smaller tent is ace.

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2004, 08:50:37 AM »

because seeing cool bands in a smaller tent is ace.

That is soo true most of the bands i liked most at Donnington were away from the main stage, smaller ones in tents are better because;

1) Easier to get to the front because it's not as crowded
2) No Sun shining down on you to blind your vison or burn ya to a crisp
3) More up close and personal and it's on these stages the frontmen often come down into the crowd
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2004, 09:22:31 AM »

If anyone knows of any classic rock and/or cool style bands that are on their that havent been mentioned - please share! ok

(This is a Reading ad so the days are wrong - for Leeds it - Green Day:Friday, The Darkness:Saturday, The White Stripes:Sunday).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 09:24:20 AM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2004, 11:47:45 AM »

Go see Mark Lanegan.

That's where you'd find me if I went to any of those festivals.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2004, 11:55:41 AM »

Go see Mark Lanegan.

That's where you'd find me if I went to any of those festivals.  ok

/jarmo

Im not a fan of QOTSA - is his solo stuff just like that?

Riot In Everyone!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2004, 01:15:21 PM »

Im not a fan of QOTSA - is his solo stuff just like that?

Not really. Maybe some of the new songs, but most of his older stuff is acoustic and/or depressing stuff. Cheesy

You can listen to some RealAudio clips at http://www.onewhiskey.com/discography.htm

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2004, 10:09:17 AM »

Why has nobody mentioned the Velvet Revolver rumours yet?

Apparently they've got gigs on, like, every day of the month except the Leeds/Reading days - so everyone thinks they'll be the special guests.  This is what all my friends keep reminding me, anyway.

I'll definately give the 5,6,7,8's a try - just for Kill Bill and that cool advert. Cool
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2004, 10:11:19 AM »

Why has nobody mentioned the Velvet Revolver rumours yet?

Apparently they've got gigs on, like, every day of the month except the Leeds/Reading days - so everyone thinks they'll be the special guests.  This is what all my friends keep reminding me, anyway.

I'll definately give the 5,6,7,8's a try - just for Kill Bill and that cool advert. Cool

Well - i was hoping for them, but theres no special guest slots left.

Riot In Everyone!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: