Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Leeds Festival 2004
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Festival 2004  (Read 39537 times)
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »

Aahh come on...50 Cent has to be a joke....how long will he last before getting laughed off stage?  That leaves a slot open... rofl

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2004, 06:33:32 PM »

Aahh come on...50 Cent has to be a joke....how long will he last before getting laughed off stage?  That leaves a slot open... rofl

I don't like him much either - but with that line up he's the best thing there!

I'm afriad even if VR were confirmed i wouldn't be making the trip to reading/leeds - that line up just makes me feel ill even to look at nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2004, 03:06:46 PM »

In case anyone wants to know the New York Dolls have replaced The Vines who have pulled out. The NY Dolls - yessssssssssss!!!! Come on!! This is gonna be a great festival - Young Heart Attack, The Wildhearts, The Darkness, NY Dolls and The Streets!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 03:07:27 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2004, 07:17:22 PM »

And the Donnas, dude!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2004, 08:19:13 PM »

Cool.

At first I thought the line-up sucked this year, because all the big bands are a bit average, but there are actually loads of bands that I wanna go see.  This festival may rock yet.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2004, 08:35:45 PM »

At first I thought the line-up sucked this year, because all the big bands are a bit average, but there are actually loads of bands that I wanna go see.

Like Mark Lanegan?  Grin

Nobody's going to check out his set? What's wrong with you?  Tongue

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2004, 01:01:31 PM »

At first I thought the line-up sucked this year, because all the big bands are a bit average, but there are actually loads of bands that I wanna go see.

Like Mark Lanegan?  Grin

Nobody's going to check out his set? What's wrong with you?  Tongue

hihi

/jarmo
I'll go watch him if i'm not doing anything else...  Tongue

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2004, 06:55:52 AM »

Arthur "Killer" Kane, bassist for the New York Dolls has died - RIP. It is unkown wether the schedualed apperances a Reading/Leeds will now go ahead.

Riot In Everyone!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2004, 06:04:13 PM »

RIP

Chris Misfit
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2004, 04:13:47 AM »

I hope you guys are gonna post about how the Wildhearts gig is?

I feel sick to my stomach that I won't be there moonstomping to them. Sad
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2004, 08:46:00 AM »

Looks as though the NY Dolls are still playing. Plus theres a small band called The Gliteratti (S?) that are meant to be really good playing the Carling Stage - supposedly like Gn'R. Im going down to Leeds on Wednsday, its gonna kick ass!

Riot In Everyone!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2004, 07:37:04 AM »

AAAHHHH!!

One day to goooooooo!

All together now:  LEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS!!!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2004, 06:01:11 AM »

How come u lot all forget Reading?

Those bands look really cool, if any of those lot are there (apart from Blink 182) it will be certainly worth the trip!

Personally i hope The Darkness, Oasis, Iron Maiden and AC/DC confirm as i have never seen them live

People always forget about Leeds over Reading so it's nice to turn the tables! ok

That's a hatrick for Doull
Chris Misfit
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2004, 02:01:42 PM »

THE RASMUS have walked off stage at CARLING WEEKEND: READING after being pelted with bottles and mud.

Eyewitnesses at the gig have told NME.COM that as soon as the band came on stage, objects started flying towards where they were playing. One fan had a banner which read ?Burn The Rasmus?.

A fan claimed: ?People were throwing bottles and mud. There was so much shit on the stage! A few bars into ?Guilty? they stopped playing a walked off stage, which was within the first couple of songs.?

A spokesperson for the group told NME.COM the decision to leave the stage was made after bassist Eero was ?hit in the eye?.

Bands scheduled to play after The Rasmus include Green Day, 50 Cent, Placebo and The Streets.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2004, 03:01:04 PM »

The Rasmus are a crappy band, but throwing glass at someone's face is just fucking retarded.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Chris Misfit
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2004, 03:29:22 PM »

Agreed. The yob mentality is the only downside to that festival. This is the first year in 5 I haven't been, but I'm glad I don't have to spend four days with a bunch of idiots who can't handle their alcohol.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2004, 07:30:33 PM »

Fiddy got bottled off at Reading as well.  But aparently at leeds only a couple of things got thrown.  Surprising, after I always thought the tossers were the ones who went to Leeds and started fires and destroyed everything.

One fan had a banner which read ?Burn The Rasmus?.
And somehow I don't think he was a fan...

To be fair though, The Rasmus and 50 Cent both suck.

Jarmo, I didn't watch Mark Lanegan because I was watching the White Stripes, so I'm sorry but I figured I'd have more chance to catch him playing a club somewhere than I would of seeing the White Stripes.  But if he plays somewhere near me I'll go watch him, and then if he sucks i'll complain.

And Chris, The Wildhearts were pretty awesome.  Apart from the White Stripes, they were the best band I saw all weekend (although the rest of the line-up sucked).  Ginger seemed like a down to earth guy, and was also entertaining.  Since I'm not all that familiar with their stuff i'm can't really go into how the songs sounded and shit like that, but suffice to say, they were about a hundred times better as a live band than anyone I saw on the concrete jungle stage.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2004, 08:21:49 PM »

Jarmo, I didn't watch Mark Lanegan because I was watching the White Stripes, so I'm sorry but I figured I'd have more chance to catch him playing a club somewhere than I would of seeing the White Stripes.? But if he plays somewhere near me I'll go watch him, and then if he sucks i'll complain.

31 Aug 04 Milton Keynes, UK Woughton Centre
1 Sept 04 London, UK Islington Academy [Sold out]

Don't know if the show on the 31st is sold out or not.....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: