Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:05:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227803 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  can i get an exception on a rule for a thread?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: can i get an exception on a rule for a thread?  (Read 7545 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: January 09, 2004, 06:50:21 AM »

i have this wonderful kick ass game that everyone loves called factorfiction

what happens is i state a topic and people state whether its fact or fiction and why

i have a point im thinkin of for each, if the poster hits on that they get extra points

i score their arguments and give them points based on points of view, style, the validitity o f their argument etc

here in a couple months whoever is leading will receive a free copy of gnr's makin the video estranged

i have a prob

im not allowed to post in a row so it makes it impossible to score each persons argument

i assure all mods im not doing it to bump my post count

what i propose is i get an exception this one time to this game so i can score and do it properly then i PM a mod or jarmo and tell them how manyposts in a row i made to score the game

then jarmo can take that amount of posts off my count

i dont need to bump my posts i just think i created a pretty popular and killer game

but my hands are tied scoring it cause everyone likes to read how they did and how they scored and what i agreed or disagreed with

if not thats ok, but the only way the game can live is for this one time exception

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 07:13:39 AM »

You can't do it in one big post?

Copy & paste replies etc?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 10:26:37 AM »

You can't do it in one big post?

Copy & paste replies etc?

/jarmo

kind of sad considering ive been on this board for so long but i still havent learned how to do that Cry

it would be one super super super long post, one game has like 66 posts

i created a monster

ill try the cut and paste quote thing

where can i go to figure out how to do that?

im a moron sometimes so easy instructions would be appreciated!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 10:47:04 AM »

at the top right corner of each persons post there is a "reply with quote" thing that u can click on...

and then in the ur reply thing there is also a little box u can click that is in the second row second to last one (it looks like a little paper with some lines on it) and u can click that and copy and paste someones quote there.

that was a pretty sucky explination but i hope it helps!

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 05:00:08 PM »

at the top right corner of each persons post there is a "reply with quote" thing that u can click on...

and then in the ur reply thing there is also a little box u can click that is in the second row second to last one (it looks like a little paper with some lines on it) and u can click that and copy and paste someones quote there.

that was a pretty sucky explination but i hope it helps!

ill find out in a second! lol!

ok i see that box do i highlight which lines then hit the box? or do i hit the box then highlight the quote?

i feel im close to learning

damn why can everyone do this but me? Cry Cry
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 05:03:55 PM by D » Logged

loretian
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 05:06:31 PM »

D, try this...

First, I hope this isn't patronizing, but do you know how to do normal computer copy and paste?  Just for any text in general?  All you have to do is is highlight the text you want to copy, go to your edit menu, and choose "copy".  Then, put the cursor where you want to paste it, and go to the edit menu and choose "paste".

That's all you need to do to copy and paste what people are saying.  If you want it to have that little quote box (the white box) around what they said, before you do the copy and paste, click the YABBC tag button, bottom row, second from the right.  It will add two pieces of YABBC, one for starting the quote, and one for finishing the quote.  When you do the copy and paste, just paste the contents inbetween them.  You should try experimenting in this thread and see what you can do figure out...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 05:07:12 PM by loretian » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 05:19:02 PM »

D, try this...

please work!!!!!!

loretian u are the shit! thanks bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSS thanks for tryin! im a moron!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 05:20:05 PM by D » Logged

loretian
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

Glad it worked, rock on!!  Smiley
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 11:39:56 PM »

I had never tried it like that, so...I guess it's time to broaden my horizons.  I've really not ever played around with those YABBC tags. I usually do things the hard way.  Manually inserting the brackets and stuff.  So...I just started playing around since someone had given directions on how to do it using the tags.  I think I went too far.   Undecided

By the way, I like to right click to bring up the little menu to copy and paste instead of going to the edit menu.  Saves just a little time, but right clicking is great for so many things!  I was so excited when I figured out what all right click does.  Can you tell that it doesn't take much to get me excited? Grin
loretian
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 12:43:15 PM »

By the way, I like to right click to bring up the little menu to copy and paste instead of going to the edit menu.  Saves just a little time, but right clicking is great for so many things!  I was so excited when I figured out what all right click does.  Can you tell that it doesn't take much to get me excited? Grin

Haha, awesome!  Yeah, right click saves a lot of time, you can also do Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste...

Last night I was reading your message and I was thinking.. "wow, I didn't know there was a blur tag too", but now I see I was just so drunk that the moving text confused my brain.   Shocked   Smiley
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 03:17:03 PM »

I never can remember the keyboard shortcuts.   Embarrassed

I still occasionally save something in some weird folder and then have to hunt for it.  But...I know so much more than I did a few years ago.  I'll never have the skills to write code or hack, but I can do what I need to.  Guess that's what's important.  

Sorry for confusing you in your inebriated state, loretian.   Wink
loretian
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 09:24:37 PM »

Sorry for confusing you in your inebriated state, loretian.   Wink

You'd be surprised how often I'm inebriated and confused.  Smiley

Ctrl-c and ctrl-v are good to know because they're so easy to use and right next to each other.. but I know what you mean... other than those two, I generally don't remember any other keyboard shortcuts...  Oh, alt-ctrl-del... never going to forget that one!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: