Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  a new slash gibson signature
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a new slash gibson signature  (Read 11242 times)
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« on: January 16, 2004, 01:29:28 PM »

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/Signature/slash.htm

If any of you wants to gift me one... I will like it !

PS: notice the mics... just one of them is a seymour duncan alnico 2 pro

[peace]

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 02:27:10 PM »

fuckyeah!!!! i want one too  drool

i wondered about that switch when i saw those vr pics in guitar world a few moths ago... funny nobody mentioned it because i have never seen a gibson lp with a switch at that place.. have any of you?

how much does it cost compared to a gibson lp classic or a custom and how many is made?

Cheesy beer

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 04:12:12 PM »

Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch, 3-way mini-toggle for Fishman

Sounds a very versatile pickup.

Buckethead has one in that sort of area on his white LP.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 04:22:07 PM »

yeah bucket has one, but its a killswitch, it basicly kills the sound instantly. now what the hell is a fishman's bridge? what kinda of humbucker is that? i think it may be a high output humbucker cuz the alnico ones are really good for the clean sound, but they don't seem to cut like steel with the distortion... at least if you don't have a massive setup like slash has... and is that a dimarzio or a seymour duncun pickup?

Chinese Democracy!
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 04:31:07 PM »

nonono that swich between the 2 bridge knobs has 3 positions, and it looks like a small version of the pickup switch. I saw those in gibson guitars, working as an inversor switch to make sound the double mic as a single mic.

But that shit has only 2 positions and this has3... dunno what the hell does that. I'll read gibson specs later I'm sure the info is there  hihi

peace

darkmonth
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 05:30:12 PM »

Dude... the pickups are BOTH Anlico II Pros...

the BRIDGE is a Fishman pickup... do some research... it's NOT ONE ANLICO II .... BOTH HUMBUCKERS ARE ANLICO IIs

Tongue
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 06:00:23 PM »

yeah its basically like a Piezo... to emulate an acoustic guitar.

This guitar's list price is 4500, so it will probably retail @ 3500 or so...
Jesse James
Rocker

tss tss tss tss gnnnnnn!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 05:59:58 AM »

drool drool drool drool

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 07:32:36 AM »

Sorry i wasn't really paying attention nervous
darkmonth
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 08:28:07 AM »

Adz, when I typed capitals I wasnt shouting at you.  Just making the words more effective... or.. whatever.  hehe.  Sorry if I caused offence.  peace
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 08:49:26 AM »

No offence taken, I was just embarassed about how I didn't realise when they said 'Powerbridge' they were talking about the bridge. hihi
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 08:50:10 AM by AdZ » Logged
darkmonth
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 10:20:43 AM »

Ah... well to be honest when I first read about this on the snakepit forum, I went straight onto Google and did a bit of research on the Fishman powerbridge's.  I wasn't to sure what they were like...

I put a call into my dealer today to see how much the guitar will be in their shop (Guitar Village in Farnham, Surrey, UK) and he said he could get me a price on Monday.  So I will call them then.
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 05:54:35 PM »

it will be pretty unaffordable... the Jimmy Page Sig is $23.000 (although there are 3 different models, the cheapest is $9.000)

The slash will still be somewhere in the 3000s, which isnt worth it at ALL. for that you can get your own custom les paul.
darkmonth
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 06:59:16 PM »

Ok, for starters, the Jimmy Page top end model is only having 150 made, so that's completely irrelevant.  Because each top end model is hand aged, they are limited to such a massive degree.  Same as the original Snakepit Les Paul was, because of it's incredibly expensive and time consuming carved logo and pearl snake on the fretboard.

The Slash Les Paul is based on Slash's specs.  It's a beautiful guitar, and yes it will be more expensive.  But when you go to the shop and your kid wants the sugar coated Cornflakes, and the normal ones are there next to them for 2 3rds of the price... you know that you are paying for a sugar coating and not much else...

well, essentially the fact that the Slash model is set up with Slash settings, Slash pickups, and the Slash name on it, is sugar coating.  Some people think it IS worth having.  I personally DO want it, and WILL pay the extra grand or so for it.

That's what the signature series is all about.  It's about having a guitar that is designed to be like the guitar your idol's choose.  The Slash guitar looks fantastic, and I would bet my life on it that it plays like butter in your hands.  And of course, it's Slash Signature.

Worth the extra.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 07:21:59 PM »

I've been thinking of buying a Gibson Les Paul sometime this spring, and this couldn't have come at a better time for me.  I was having trouble deciding which one I'd like to get, but I think this will make my decision a little easier, assuming I can still get my hands on one of these in April or May...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 09:02:52 PM »

That guitar looks great
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 09:14:27 PM »

The problem with that Oz, is that it is very slash specific. He likes fat ass necks that are found on the late 50s models, and a super long neck tenon to get that fantastic sustain. That's all fine and good, but if aren't used to playing with guitar that is like a cannon in your hands (very difficult to play in higher regions), then you'll have paid a lot of money for nothing. Add to that that you DON'T have the same guitar as Slash. His signature model will be Ghostbuilt (not by Gibson), like most guitar gurus. They have their own personal luthier build it with higher quality woods and craftsmanship, then Gibson duplicates it and sells it for a snot load. It will sound great Im sure, the Alnico IIs are far better than any garbage Gibson pickups (sorry, the burstbuckers aren't that great).

Finally, don't assume that you're going to sound like Slash. You don't have the custom amp and expensive PA and microphones, leads, preamps and EQs that he has. Although, I'm positive you can get really close.

When this first came out many months ago (well, the prototype) I was sure I wanted to buy it. But then i realized, that on stage I want my own sound and my own guitar. But that's not for everyone.

Good luck in buying it oz, and tell me how it plays/feels if you do get it. I'd be very interested to hear what it's like.
darkmonth
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2004, 08:23:12 AM »

The problem with that Oz, is that it is very slash specific. He likes fat ass necks that are found on the late 50s models, and a super long neck tenon to get that fantastic sustain. That's all fine and good, but if aren't used to playing with guitar that is like a cannon in your hands (very difficult to play in higher regions), then you'll have paid a lot of money for nothing. Add to that that you DON'T have the same guitar as Slash. His signature model will be Ghostbuilt (not by Gibson), like most guitar gurus. They have their own personal luthier build it with higher quality woods and craftsmanship, then Gibson duplicates it and sells it for a snot load. It will sound great Im sure, the Alnico IIs are far better than any garbage Gibson pickups (sorry, the burstbuckers aren't that great).

Finally, don't assume that you're going to sound like Slash. You don't have the custom amp and expensive PA and microphones, leads, preamps and EQs that he has. Although, I'm positive you can get really close.

When this first came out many months ago (well, the prototype) I was sure I wanted to buy it. But then i realized, that on stage I want my own sound and my own guitar. But that's not for everyone.

Good luck in buying it oz, and tell me how it plays/feels if you do get it. I'd be very interested to hear what it's like.

I am guessing you aren't trying to, but it sounds like you are talking down to me.  I have played guitar for years now.  I have a pretty nice setup gear wise.  Currently, my sound is pretty much as close to Sounding like Slash's sound (not conciously going for Slash sound, but I just do... it's always been my favorite sound and its the sound I want and like). My playing style is very much blues pentatonics and shit.  I am influenced by Slash, as he is my all time favorite guitarist.

Anyway, the reasons you point out why people may not like it are pretty much the reason why people WILL want the guitar.  If you aren't interested in Slash or the way and style he plays, sure... don't get the guitar.  You don't buy a guitar you aren't sure you want.  If that's the case, get a Les Paul Standard!

However, fans, and guitarists who DO know what certain setups will feel like, will be happy with this guitar.  Myself included.

Anyway, I can't afford to buy it yet, so a few months yet!
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 03:28:46 PM »

Nonono don't get me wrong, I was not talking down to you and if you came into my college dorm room you'd see about 5 pictures of Slash, he is my guitar idol. I just don't know if I'll like the massive neck that he seems to like, plus I want my custom to have a Korina back.
darkmonth
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 04:35:31 PM »

haha... ok dude..

funnily enough, you mention the neck.  My brother and mate own Epiphone Les Pauls... from the 1999 - 2001 period.

Mine is a 1992 model.  Mine is WAY fatter neck!  I love a fat ass neck.  Because I am used to it. I dunno, its just my guitar is so perfect to me.

So I reckon the Slash model would be PERFECT !!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: