Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:18:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  a new slash gibson signature
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a new slash gibson signature  (Read 11241 times)
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2004, 05:03:41 PM »

well there ya go. I prefer the 60s slim taper neck.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2004, 06:39:24 PM »

I'm sure Slash likes the thinner necks rather than the fatter ones.  I read in an interview that for the original Sig he was gonna make with Gibson the only differences were bigger frets, a thinner neck and the pups.

And Pviljoen, do you know if Slash is still getting his guitars built by the guy that built his first LP that he recorded AFD with? Because I've always wondered, cos he used to say in interviews that the guitar really kicked ass.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2004, 06:46:57 PM »

awesome! looks nice...
but after i bought my black beauty i tend to prefer it black....  love

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
darkmonth
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2004, 07:07:08 PM »

I'm sure Slash likes the thinner necks rather than the fatter ones.  I read in an interview that for the original Sig he was gonna make with Gibson the only differences were bigger frets, a thinner neck and the pups.

And Pviljoen, do you know if Slash is still getting his guitars built by the guy that built his first LP that he recorded AFD with? Because I've always wondered, cos he used to say in interviews that the guitar really kicked ass.

No, he doesn't.  That guy built the guitar, not for Slash... just as a Gibson copy.  An exemplary one... but not for Slash.  Alan Niven bought the guitar as a gift for Slash.  It is a super high quality copy, so as good as the real thing.  But now Slash gets his LPs from all kinds of sources... vintage ones, new ones etc...

but they are all the real deal.  Real Gibson's.
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2004, 07:16:46 PM »

No, Max still builds guitars, and for slash too.

What most of you don't realize is that the stars often have their personal axe made by a luthier OF THEIR CHOICE, then the company copies that and issues it. Think of it, do you think a tone deamon is going to want to play with an instrument that all his fans have (cheaper wood etc)..

Slash's LP I'm SURE has Brazilian Rosewood for the fretboard, whereas the signature model that us plebs buy will be the cheaper Indian variety, and our binding will probably be plastic, we'll get a plastic nut... things like that. I read on a very reputable website that most guitars are ghostbuilt, that is a company hires another company to actually build their guitars.

When Ted Nugent had that ES 135 signature, his own luthier built it and gibson issued it. Slash's real model would probably cost a lot, because it is most likely made by Max and the woods used are far older and more expensive. Slash told Ed Roman (one of those guitar people who knows everyone and has owned every guitar ever) that Max has made several of his #1 Les Pauls. I mean why not, if you were a star wouldn't you want better than commercial grade quality?
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2004, 08:00:44 PM »

It is a super high quality copy, so as good as the real thing.
I liked that line, made me chuckle... hihi

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2004, 11:26:28 PM »

Im getting a job asap, just so I can but it.

Slashisthebest

peace

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2004, 07:28:53 AM »

The guitar sounds unlike any axe I've ever heard. When played clean it sounds like an electro-acoustic, but when overdrive is on, it sounds like a real heavy metal guitar.

Go to www.gibsoncustom.com for sound examples.

beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

The guitar sounds unlike any axe I've ever heard. When played clean it sounds like an electro-acoustic, but when overdrive is on, it sounds like a real heavy metal guitar.

Go to www.gibsoncustom.com for sound examples.

beer

cool they didnt have any sound samples when they put online the page

Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 08:06:02 PM »

Ohhh Nice....

For some reason I have a fetish with RED Guitars!?!  no i dunno, cant explain it?!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2005, 10:15:45 PM »

wow what an old thread!
anyways, I wanna reply to the guys talking about Slash's handmade guitars.
I have an interview with Slash from last year where he says he's got 5 of them and that they're better than anything Gibson has ever made!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2005, 10:16:36 PM »

wow what an old thread!
I have an interview with Slash from last year where he says he's got 5 of them and that they're better than anything Gibson has ever made!

Gotta love him.

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 09:13:38 AM »

wow what an old thread!

Gotta love him.

damn right!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 12:09:05 PM »

Ok, for starters, the Jimmy Page top end model is only having 150 made, so that's completely irrelevant. ?Because each top end model is hand aged, they are limited to such a massive degree. ?Same as the original Snakepit Les Paul was, because of it's incredibly expensive and time consuming carved logo and pearl snake on the fretboard.

The Slash Les Paul is based on Slash's specs. ?It's a beautiful guitar, and yes it will be more expensive. ?But when you go to the shop and your kid wants the sugar coated Cornflakes, and the normal ones are there next to them for 2 3rds of the price... you know that you are paying for a sugar coating and not much else...

well, essentially the fact that the Slash model is set up with Slash settings, Slash pickups, and the Slash name on it, is sugar coating. ?Some people think it IS worth having. ?I personally DO want it, and WILL pay the extra grand or so for it.

That's what the signature series is all about. ?It's about having a guitar that is designed to be like the guitar your idol's choose. ?The Slash guitar looks fantastic, and I would bet my life on it that it plays like butter in your hands. ?And of course, it's Slash Signature.

Worth the extra.

Not true. Jimmy Page's guitar is also in production for an unlimited run. They cost a lot less since they arent aged by tom murphy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 12:12:53 PM by electricmage » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: