Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Monster Magnet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monster Magnet  (Read 23569 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2004, 01:16:01 PM »

Orange Goblin rule the roost.

Anyone listen to Fu Manchu?

Only Goblin song i have is Scorpionica, i really like it though.  As for Fu Manchu i've heard quite a few tracks ; Mongoose, Orbiter, Squash That Fly, Wiz Kid, Breathing Fire, Hell On Wheels & Evil Eye.  I really like all of those songs especially Evil Eye so ill be getting some more stuff, any recommendations?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2004, 08:10:13 PM »

Buy the Daredevil album by Fu Manchu...its very,very good!

And please for godsake check out Kyuss...forget Josh Homme is in the band if you dont like him!!

Roll a fat one and sit back and listen to "welcome to sky valley"

Good shit...if you like Orange Goblin STONED, they are at the rockier end of Stoner...check out Electric Frankenstein also...slightly more rocky but kick major Ass.....

Chris Misfit
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2004, 08:13:22 PM »

What have EF got to do with stoner? You're smoking too much.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2004, 08:20:44 PM »

EF have nothing to do with Stoner...i was just making a point to someone who listens to what we recommend and why shouldnt he listen to the best band in the world?

My point was - Orange Goblin Rock...so do EF.

Stoned...dont buy there albums otherwise u may be forced into a parallel universe where only EF matters...i have and im never coming back!!!

BTW...im not stoned at all...for once... Cry
Chris Misfit
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2004, 08:34:50 PM »

No but you're still a prat.

Anyawy, what you should do is collect Mans Ruin (record company) records, they have folded now, but name any decent rock n' roll/stoner band, and they've released records on Mans Ruin.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2004, 02:05:10 AM »

No but you're still a prat.

That my Irish friend will never change!!

Anyawy, what you should do is collect Mans Ruin (record company) records, they have folded now, but name any decent rock n' roll/stoner band, and they've released records on Mans Ruin.

Easier said than done...well for my unversatile brain anyway. how would you go about searching for a defunct Record labels, records?

Is that something your guy at Changes One could sort out?

If so i suppose that would be a good place to start as he is cool as fuck with his prices.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2004, 09:26:04 AM »

You can get some from ChangesOne I'm sure. Good bet would be to email Tunny and get him to send you a list of the Mans Ruin/20 Stone Blatt CDs he has.

Anyway, to all you has-beens, remember to check out Orange Goblin on their forth coming tour. I'll be there, and Arron too, but he'll more than likely be thrown out for showing his penis everytime the girl asks to see his "ticket".
Chris Misfit
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2004, 10:57:55 PM »

You can get some from ChangesOne I'm sure. Good bet would be to email Tunny and get him to send you a list of the Mans Ruin/20 Stone Blatt CDs he has.

You might not want to do that, as CO has folded.

To all you who buy HMV cds, fuck you.
All you 5 minute rock n' roll wonders, fuck you.
All of you still stuck in the 80s, fuck you.

Ahhh, I'm pissed off. AND IF I FIND OUT WHO WAS LISTENING TO OASIS IN MY FLAT, DEATH WILL OCCUR!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2004, 05:34:45 PM »

Ok......Just to turn this back on the Monster Magnet topic here are the latest news and rumours which by the way are more reliable than GN'R ones since ive realised the word rumour on this board don't go down well these days, ok here goes;

Words out that Monster Magnet will keep on touring for at least the rest of 2004. Next to the upcoming US tour the band's planning to play both Australia and Asia and finally yet another European tour by the end of the year. Other plans are an upcoming DVD, re-releases e.g. Spine of God w/ bonus tracks

Current Tour Dates

27 August 2004 Seaside Green Room NJ
28 August 2004 Springfield Jaxx Nightclub VA
29 August 2004 Virginia Beach Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre VA
31 August 2004 Chicago Double Door IL
01 September 2004 Minneapolis Fine Line Music MN
04 September 2004 Portland Dante's OR
05 September 2004 Seattle Neumos WA
07 September 2004 San Francisco Independent CA
08 September 2004 Los Angeles Monster Garage TV show CA
09 September 2004 Los Angeles Troubadour CA
10 September 2004 Phoenix Mason Jar AZ
11 September 2004 Salt Lake Dead Goat MO
12 September 2004 Denver Larimer Lounge CO
13 September 2004 Lawrence Bottleneck KS
14 September 2004 St. Louis Mississippi Nights MO
16 September 2004 Cleveland Peabodys OH
17 September 2004 New York Bowery Ballroom NY
18 September 2004 Little Falls Yogi Berra Stadium NJ
19 September 2004 Philadelphia Northstar PA
21 September 2004 Hartford Webster Theatre CT
26 September 2004 Boston WAAF MA
27 September 2004 Allentown Crocodile Rock Caf? PA
29 September 2004 Poughkeepsie The Chance NY
30 September 2004 Lancaster The Chameleon PA
01 October 2004 Baltimore Thunderdome MD
02 October 2004 Huntington Harris River Front Park WV

Edit: On the topic of other stoner bands i got Orange Goblin's Thieving From The House of God and overall it's very medicore best track is probably Crown Of Locusts.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 05:39:01 PM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2004, 03:52:45 PM »

The brand new Monster Magnet video for Monolithic will make it's national debut on Headbangers Ball upcoming saturday, July 31st. The show airs in the US on MTV2 at 10.00 p.m. Eastern time.

Another cool music video by the stoner gods on the horizon smoking
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2004, 12:42:07 PM »

you guys should check out El Caco, a killer norwegian stoner band.
saw them live in May, was fuckin awesome.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2004, 04:37:51 PM »

Relapse Records recording artists Bongzilla have announced their first tour of 2004 in support of their recently released album Apogee. Bongzilla will team up with Monster Magnet for a four-week trek beginning 08/31st in Chicago, IL. The tour will be sponsored by long running web portal StonerRock.com and is scheduled to conclude 10/2nd in Cincinnati, OH with additional dates pending.

Previous to the Monster Magnet tour, Bongzilla will link up with Fear Factory and label mates Mastodon for a 08/10th performance in Milwaukee, WI. Bongzilla will then join label mates High On Fire for weeklong Midwest U.S. trek that will run from 08/12th - 17th.

Updated Bongzilla news and tour dates / info will be made available via the Relapse Records website: www.RELAPSE.com, and the Bongzilla website: www.Bongzilla.com.

Bongzilla Tour Dates:

08/10/04 Milwaukee, WI The Rave (w/ Fear Factory, Mastodon)
08/12/04 Des Moines, IA Hairy Mary's (w/ High On Fire)
08/13/04 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock (w/ High On Fire)
08/14/04 Madison, WI High Noon Saloon (w/ High On Fire)
08/16/04 Iowa City, IA Gabe's Oasis (w/ High On Fire)
08/17/04 St. Louis, MO Hi-Point (w/ High On Fire)
08/26/04 Cedar Falls, IA Reverb Room (Bongzilla only)

U.S. Tour with Monster Magnet : (EXCEPT as noted)

08/31/04 Chicago, IL Double Door
09/01/04 Minneapolis, MN Fine Line Music Cafe
09/04/04 Portland, OR Dante's
09/05/04 Seattle, WA Neumo's
09/07/04 San Francisco, CA The Independent
09/08/04 Corona, CA Showcase Theater (w/Cephalic Carnage, Misery Index - No Monster Magnet)
09/09/04 West Hollywood, CA Troubadour
09/10/04 Phoenix, AZ The Mason Jar
09/12/04 Denver, CO Larimer Lounge
09/13/04 Lawrence, KS The Bottleneck
09/14/04 St Louis, MO Mississippi Nights
09/15/04 Columbus, OH High Fives
(No Monster Magnet)
09/16/04 Cleveland, OH Peabody's
09/17/04 New York, NY The Bowery Ballroom
09/19/04 Philadelphia, PA North Star
09/21/04 Hartford, CT Webster Theatre
09/22/04 Clifton Park, NY Northern
09/25/04 Rochester, NY Steel Music Hall
09/27/04 Allentown, PA Crocodile Rock
09/29/04 Poughkeepsie, NY The Chance
09/30/04 Lancaster, PA Chameleon
10/01/04 Baltimore, MD Recher Theatre
10/02/04 Cincinnati, OH Sudsy Malone's (No Monster Magnet)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 04:41:35 PM by Stoned » Logged
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2004, 06:19:39 PM »

I saw them at Download fest I really liked them they were a fun band to watch I was totally into them

EEEERRRR Little boy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2004, 06:55:46 PM »

I saw them at Download fest I really liked them they were a fun band to watch I was totally into them
Good stuff Dave was on top form interacting with the crowd and taken the piss out of Linkin Park and the fact the crowd cheered for Iggy and hardly responded when he mentioned Linkin Park - 'The Headliners', Like he said 'I Find That Very Fuckin' Interesting'.? If you havent' already you should pick up their new album....actually you should pick them all up but along with Powertrip their new album is the most accessable for new fans ok
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 03:22:27 AM by Stoned » Logged
gnrmadagascar
Headliner

Broken glass and cigarettes...

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2004, 08:52:06 PM »

I just recently found Monster Magnet, (like I've found other bands on here, Thanks!) and I was going to put together a sort of Greatest Hits compilation, can anybody help come up with their best songs?

The Poster Formely Known as estranged13
"While I'm sitting here, doing nothing but aging, still my guitar, gently weeps..." - George Harrison
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2004, 02:16:33 AM »

I just recently found Monster Magnet, (like I've found other bands on here, Thanks!) and I was going to put together a sort of Greatest Hits compilation, can anybody help come up with their best songs?

Well i would say buy their greatest hits but it ain't that good really ok ill give it a go

Powertrip [Powertrip]
Black Balloon [Superjudge]
Nod Scene [Spine of God]
Brainstorm [Superjudge]
Unbroken (Hotel Baby) [Monolithic Baby!]
Bummer [Powertrip]
Negasonic Teenage Warhead [Dopes To Infinity]
Dopes To Infinity [Dopes To Infinity]
Twin Earth [Superjudge]
Freak Shop USA [Monster Magnet]
Dead Christmas [Dopes To Infinity]
Blow 'Em Off [Dopes To Infinity]
Kick Out The Jams [Varsity Blues Soundtrack]
Monolithic [Monolithic Baby!]
Master of Light [Monolithic Baby!]
Crop Circle [Powertrip]
Medicine [God Says No]
See You In Hell [Powertrip]
Zodiac Lung [Spine of God]
I'm Five Years Ahead of My Time [B-Side Look Into Your Orb For The Warning]
Snake Dance [Spine of God]
Space Lord [Powertrip]

The albums you can find the tracks on are in brackets, now i know 22 tracks is alot for a greatest hits but when they brought theirs out it was double disc and they do have a lot of albums to go through smoking
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 03:22:56 AM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2004, 04:57:24 AM »

you guys should check out El Caco, a killer norwegian stoner band.
saw them live in May, was fuckin awesome.
Thanx for the tip dude i downloaded 2 songs, Mrs. Coma & Please Be Sad and it's pretty good shit at least when stoned, sober it's not bad but i would probably have to be stoned to pick up an album.

In Stoner news from knac.com:

Fu Manchu will release their latest effort, Start the Machine, on September 14th through DRT Records.

As for the advice on what Orange Goblin/Fu Manchu stuff to get i have got hold of all the albums i could possibly find by the 2 and am now a big fan and yes i did download them when i have money i'll go and buy them probably starting with The Big Black followed by Frequencies From Planet Ten
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 05:01:14 AM by Stoned » Logged
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2004, 02:55:58 PM »

I took up somebody's advice on here and picked up a Porcupine Tree cd-Studid dream.  It's pretty good, sounds a bit like Yes or Rush and reminds me of Pink Floyd or Radiohead at times. Thanks for the suggestion! Smiley

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2004, 02:09:52 PM »

Here's some wise words from Dave Wyndorf, well worth reading:

I have to say that the USA is a really hard sell these days. That's ok because I expected it to be.

The true star of the early 21st century is the NOVELTY of technology. Communication between people via modern technology. It seems as if the mass audience is NOT looking for poetry in their music. The pace of life that the media has set seems to have bamboozled your average "consumer". And believe you me, the companies that sell "entertainment" have NO problem selling one dimensional, artless crap. It's fast and easy.

Where are the smart folks? Behind their computers of course. Using them as an alternative to mass marketed, hollow entertainment. Only problem IS...They (the smart and the passionate) have gone SO into cyberland that their physical presence is gone and they are being discounted by big business. Look at it this way.

Why would big business spend tons of moola to seduce a smart, sceptical person when they can easily market TONS of garbage to millions of poor shmucks who really don't know the difference between the true VALUE of good art and bad art.

I know, who am I to say what's good or bad, but It's pretty clear that we are all subject to a machine gun barrage of crapolla 24/7. The likes and breadth of which the world has never seen before. Interesting times. Before too long (I hope) the mass audience will start to tire of the novelty and start to look for art and entertainment that can express their feelings in a poetic fashion that cannot be expressed any other way.

There is a HUGE spiritual void in more than one recent generation and it will need to be filled. FACINATING! I feel totally flattered that there are people like you guys and girls on this site and beyond that are behind Monster Magnet. Thank you!

Smart people CAN rock!

Love, Dave.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2005, 01:18:05 PM »

Finally...an update from their website:

Hey there, here's some of the stuff Monster Magnet is planning for the new year. 2005 should include a Monster Magnet DVD release, reissues of both Spine Of God and Tab with unreleased tracks! Writing and recording the next Magnet album, some selected summer festivals and i will start working on my first ever Dave Wyndorf solo album. On top of that we're planning an "unplugged" Euro tour later this year!

So hopefully a Wyndorf album this year and a Monster Magnet one maybe early 2006, reissues of 2 classics, Spine of God especially which is pretty much a masterpiece, their first DVD and a chance to see them if they return to the UK which i expect them to.  2005 could be a great year for Monster Magnet fans!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: