Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Formula One 2004 thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Formula One 2004 thread  (Read 34589 times)
FoR_wHoM_tHe_bEll_ToLLs
Rocker

To all those opposed hmmm . . . . well!

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2004, 12:19:42 PM »

It would be nice to see Jaques back if he hadn't come back the way he has. What can Briatoire be thinking firing Jarno Trulli?! Trulli's 10x better than Alonso, he even won  a GP this season, Alonso has not. It'll be good to see Jaques in a Sauber next season though.

Missy/

How many times do I have to tell you mum?! Gareth Gates is NOT rock!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2004, 12:35:36 PM »

Trulli won in Monaco where you don't need the fastest car to win. That proves that Renault is lacking in speed this year.

In Fernando's defence, he's had some bad luck (not as much as Kimi who's the unlyckiest driver in F1 this season), but still. He retired in Belgium when he was leading the race etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2004, 04:49:18 PM »

It would be nice to see Jaques back if he hadn't come back the way he has. What can Briatoire be thinking firing Jarno Trulli?! Trulli's 10x better than Alonso, he even won? a GP this season, Alonso has not. It'll be good to see Jaques in a Sauber next season though.

Missy/

You gotta be kidding me??? Shocked

Did you watch any of the races this year?

Just because Trully won't a race this year doesn't make him a better pilot than Fernando. Alonso won a race last year and Trulli didn't. I may be a little biased cause I'm spanish, but even the other drivers; Schummi, Montoya, Barrichelo...beleive the future of F1 is in the hands of Kimmi and Alonso.

Trully hasn't resigned. He's signed with Toyota. Not the most competitive team.? If he was a better driver than Alonso, He wouldn't have had the boot as he had.

Alonso was leading in Beligium and also Monza ( I'm not too sure about this) when his car broke down on him.

Alonso and Kimmi have been very unlucky this year. If I'm not mistaken, both have finished the same amount of races.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2004, 04:25:09 PM »

2005 Formula 1 World Championship

6 March         Australia
20 March        Malaysia
3 April         Bahrain
17 April        France*
24 April        San Marino**
8 May           Spain
22 May          Monaco
TBC             Europe
12 June         Canada
TBC             USA
3 July          Britain*
17 July         Germany
31 July         Hungary
21 August       Turkey
4 September     Italy
11 September    Belgium
25 September    Brazil
9 October       Japan
TBC             China

* Contract under discussion
** Subject to compliance with contract

The dates for the Grands Prix of Europe, USA and China will be confirmed no later than the meeting of the World Motor Sport Council on December 10, 2004.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

NEW QUALIFYING FORMAT CONFIRMED

Formula 1 will have a new qualifying format next season, it has been confirmed.

The grid will now be decided by the aggregate of a driver's times from two single-lap sessions, due to take place on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

The Saturday session, with cars going out in the order in which they finished the previous race, will see cars running light on fuel.

However, drivers will have to carry their race fuel in the Sunday morning session.

BAR team boss David Richards said: "On the Saturday you will see who is the fastest car on that particular track.

"I think it adds another dimension to Sunday morning. It will be worth getting to there early."

However, FIA president Max Mosley said that the revised format did not mean that F1 would be switching to two-day race weekends next season.

He said: "Friday practice will be exactly as it is now, nothing changes."

www.itv.com

/jarmo

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2004, 10:11:11 AM »

It would be nice to see Jaques back if he hadn't come back the way he has. What can Briatoire be thinking firing Jarno Trulli?! Trulli's 10x better than Alonso, he even won? a GP this season, Alonso has not. It'll be good to see Jaques in a Sauber next season though.

Missy/

No way Trulli is a better driver than Alonso. Just check the final standings of this year /eevn though trulli signed with toyota) and the past one. And like a fellow spaniard has stated, ALL the F1 Circus believes a lot more in Alonso's posibilities.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: