Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News Greatest hits out in March!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: News Greatest hits out in March!!  (Read 60975 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2004, 11:11:52 AM »

Fuck You

... go back to mygnr forum.. fuck off!!!! rant

Guys, please avoid this kind of comments on that board.

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2004, 11:37:09 AM »

Yeah i saw that link on mtv a couple of days ago and i was confused, probably just a mistake though....A greatest hits would be so stupid, especially if they stick with the tracklisting of the earlier one.

I don't understand why everyone thinks this is so unrealistic.  Forget about being "just" a fan of this band for a second.  There's a lot of bands out there who I wouldn't buy one of their albums, but if they put out a "Greatest Hits" I'd probably buy it.  No one except for a die-hard Gn'R fan would buy a greatest hits CD with songs like (for example) "Bad Apples" or "Estranged" on it.  Non die-hards want a compilation of songs they're familiar with, i.e. SCOM, WTTJ, Patience etc.  IF you love the songs that don't (or didn't) get frequent airtime, then you probably already own all of the CD's!!!!

The record company HAS to do something to make money off of Axl, and if Chinese D isn't coming out, then this is a logical thing to do.  Everyone keeps saying "They wouldn't want to piss Axl off."  How do we know that he hasn't pissed off the record company numerous times already to get to this point?!?

Just my two cents....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2004, 11:57:50 AM »

I dont buy this rumor but on a sidenote:

Is it possible gnr and the record company are calling CHinese democracy, greatist hits, for disguise purposes? Just so it doesnt get much hype and people wont leak it? So lets say they tell the people who press the records this is the greatest hits cd, so no1 is really gonna care, then after the majority of the pressing is done they announce that cd will be coming out instead of the "greatest HIts". Is someting liek that possible or would the people who press the records be able to tell if its the greatest hit or cd?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 11:59:01 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Johan
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2004, 12:03:55 PM »

I am back again, i didn?t mean to dissapoint you guys.
I cannot name my source but he?s high ranked Universal boss.
He knows I love GNR. Last time they had a relase date for CD was almost 2 years ago, at that point they recived new Dates from the States every quarter.
Suddenly there were no more dates.
He also asked the States if the relase of "greatest hits" had anything to do with
CD as a promotion campaing, the answer was NO!!!!!
They want to get some money back after all investment put into CD.
He also mentioned that if CD was such a great record it would have been relased years ago, otherwise he had no other explanation.
If they were to show up in Rio, we are probally going to see the same set list again I guess.
Guns forever/Johan

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2004, 12:25:11 PM »

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Why didn't they release it in November to make sure they can benefit from the Christmas sales?

Sure, CD could be so bad that Interscope doesn't want to release it. But I'm not sure a Greatest Hits would sell much either.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2004, 12:28:29 PM »

This probably isn't true.  The GH thing might be, but that definitely wouldn't mean it was the end for GNR.  Maybe in some people's eyes it is, but Axl is not going to lay down and die.  He has too much time and effort put into CD.  I also agree with whoever said it above, that Interscope\Geffen have a ton of money put into this record, that they will not just let it go.  The Greatest hits, would not sell that many copies.  It would sell a little, but not enough to make all of their money back that they spent on Chinese Dem.  This again is a rumor started by someone on an internet message board, nothing to get worked up about. smoking smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Death Cube K
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2004, 12:33:29 PM »

It doesnt make sense. Why pour millions into a project that never will be released? So they give out a GH album to make up some of the lost money? When they've invested so much money into Chinese Democracy, they will either way benefit from releasing the damn album. It will either way sell a few copies, which means more money. To release both would then make even more money. To release all 3 supposed albums would also mean more money to make up for the possible loss all togheter.

So, if this is a high level decision, Im gonna apply for a job, coz even I can do a better job doing the Math on this subject, and I flunked Math a few years ago.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2004, 12:48:08 PM »

I may be mistaken but I believe the user sky72 posted that MTV release date for march '04 concerning the GH CD like a month ago or something...

I did a search on the board...there it is:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9081

This thread was posted on Dec. 9 and I'm pretty sure the date was on MTV for a while...

5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2004, 12:53:02 PM »

I guess the boss across the ocean does not know what he is fucking talking about.

Another dick in a suit.

ya i'm sure they are gonna cover what they but in CD with a greatest hits cd.

really who the fuck is going to buy it.

not me. unless they put something new on it

i already got all the songs

plus greatest hits cd's are for the x-mas holidays

tell the boss across the ocean to stick the GH CD up his ass.................i'm sure he will enjoy it

-5thoffuckingwhiskey

Cheesy
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2004, 12:58:25 PM »

I may be mistaken but I believe the user sky72 posted that MTV release date for march '04 concerning the GH CD like a month ago or something...

I did a search on the board...there it is:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=9081

This thread was posted on Dec. 9 and I'm pretty sure the date was on MTV for a while...

good.........can't wait
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2004, 01:07:13 PM »

A few weeks someone posting  that they went to Sam Goody who had a new GNR album listed for a release sometime between March and May. A bunch of us speculated that it was the GH again. So maybe this guy isn't lying.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2004, 01:09:17 PM »

The timing of this woud make no sense. I work in advertising for a major music retailer, and I've been working on all the ads for march, and there's no mention of GnR anywhere. That could hcange, but I'll check with the music buyers on Monday to see if they've heard anything. I don't buy the fact that the record company isn't thrilled with the material. I'm sure they would die to get it out, but Axl hasn't let them. Hopefully we'll know more in the next few weeks.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2004, 01:31:45 PM »

He knows I love GNR. Last time they had a relase date for CD was almost 2 years ago, at that point they recived new Dates from the States every quarter.
He also asked the States if the relase of "greatest hits" had anything to do with
He also mentioned that if CD was such a great record it would have been relased years ago, otherwise he had no other explanation.
If they were to show up in Rio, we are probally going to see the same set list again I guess.
Guns forever/Johan

Why wouldn't Universal know about GNR? Oh that's right, they have no direct contact with the band.  Roll Eyes

There's no way that info would leak, especially to someone who would post it on a message boad.

If you would have said Geffen or Interscope it would've given you more credibility...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2004, 01:49:57 PM »

We are niot going to see a greatest hits album but we will see CD.  Axl would not have a greatest hit album come out befiore the new album or Rock In Roi IV.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2004, 02:42:03 PM »

If a GH disc is in the cards, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is what we might call a smokescreen...
 beer
Joe
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2004, 02:59:07 PM »

Why wouldn't Universal know about GNR? Oh that's right, they have no direct contact with the band.  Roll Eyes

There's no way that info would leak, especially to someone who would post it on a message boad.

If you would have said Geffen or Interscope it would've given you more credibility...

Isn't it possible that Universal would know since CD is supposed to be a major release?

Also, the original release of the GH was leaked to someone on the internet. Someone on Sludge posted about it at least a month before it appeared on any music sites but no one believed him. In fact his claims were very similar to this poster's. He said CD was scrapped in favor of a GH.

So this poster very well could be telling the truth. It may not make much sense to scrap CD, but since when did anything regarding CD make any sense?
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2004, 03:14:40 PM »

hey guys and gals...
I think some of us are suffering from paranoid delusions.
CD is coming out, we have to listen to our guru's Mysteron, and raoxles.
i'm not new here i was formerly Notsoiron Mikey..but i lost my stupid password and blah!...so i'm back ..even though no one cares hehehe.
Watch for CD soon....i hope.

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2004, 03:57:19 PM »

if it is a gh, i'd still buy it, but i'm still waiting for cd

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2004, 04:05:31 PM »

Guns forever/Johan

Ah! No longer the one post wonder! Funny how 'information' only leaks to them....

If Uninversal wanted to get some money back i dare say Axl could write em a cheque....he does collect royalties from 60 million album sales and all the money from the tours......

You could turn that on its head and say the reason it hasn't been released is because its so good they are happy to wait till Axl says its ready.

There is very little information given away here, i don't think (even if its true) that it is cause for any concen.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2004, 04:12:52 PM »

Someone's gonna kill me for posting this, so I'll keep it as intentionally vague as possible while still doing me best to quell any fears.

Trust me when I tell you this: There will be no Greatest Hits release in March, regardless of what Universal claims to have 'scheduled' - there is a BIG difference between scheduling and actually doing something.  In a few weeks, hopefully, this will make alot more sense.

As for the rest of what he said - unless something's changed in the last week or so, Universal hasn't 'given up' on CD anymore than I've 'given up' on obsessing over Jennifer Tilly.  So, in the words of the immortal Douglas Adams, "Don't Panic!"

-darknemus

I would take your word over the Johan dude........Thanks for the news Darknemus. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: