Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:10:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News Greatest hits out in March!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: News Greatest hits out in March!!  (Read 61066 times)
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2004, 03:19:32 PM »

Shit, At least Raoxsle's posts are far more entertaining and interesting...By the way, where is Raxosle when we need him the most? any insight on this Raoxsle?

How is he any different than this guy? He is just another person who suddenly decides they are in the know. The only person who could give us any insight is Mysteron.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2004, 03:21:25 PM »

Shit, At least Raoxsle's posts are far more entertaining and interesting...By the way, where is Raxosle when we need him the most? any insight on this Raoxsle?

How is he any different than this guy? He is just another person who suddenly decides they are in the know. The only person who could give us any insight is Mysteron.

That post was meant to be ironic. I should've added this Wink
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2004, 03:27:46 PM »

Can't believe people take this seriously

Everyone take a deep breath, and look at this objectively

There is no evidence that GNR are in any kind of difficulties, that CD has been cancelled or a GH is on the way

Just because some guy logs in and says something about GNR doesn't make it so

May i remind u all that just last week we were preparing street teams.....this board was a hub of confidence, where has that gone?

There is no need to panic, a few of u need to gain a healthy dose of skepticism.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »

Can't believe people take this seriously

Everyone take a deep breath, and look at this objectively

There is no evidence that GNR are in any kind of difficulties, that CD has been cancelled or a GH is on the way

Just because some guy logs in and says something about GNR doesn't make it so

May i remind u all that just last week we were preparing street teams.....this board was a hub of confidence, where has that gone?

There is no need to panic, a few of u need to gain a healthy dose of skepticism.

Izzy is right here. You should just all ignore this guy and take no notice he must be loving that fact that his one BS post has already got a 4 page thread........i mean a 4 page thread for a 1 post wonder wtf?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2004, 03:21:41 AM »

street team for a greatest hits cd? axl and gnr better not be that fucking bold come on

this is horseshit! if we were gonna get a greatest hits it wouldve been november to capitalize on christmas, it would make absolutely no sense now

i think geffen is using it as a bargaining tool with axl, cause thats probably the only leverage they have on axl is the threat of a greatest hits, then i think geffen would just bite the hand that feeds cause id say gnr's contract probably is runnin out soon

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
VHunknown
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2004, 03:57:16 AM »

He also mentioned that if CD was such a great record it would have been relased years ago, otherwise he had no other explanation.

I hate to say it, but this guy may be telling the truth.  Lets be honest with ourselves here.  It is very possible that CD may suck bad.  If the record lable thought that CD would be a multiplatinum album that would end up making millions, why wouldn't they have released it by now?   From the standpoint of the interscope executives it would make no sense for them to sit on a goldmine and not cash in after all these years if they actually believe that they could.   An explanation for this could be that CD is a total disaster and the payoff wouldn't collateral their investiment into Axl's 10 year project.   I hope this is not the case, and excuse the cliche but as they say denial ain't just a river in Egypt.  
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2004, 08:46:08 AM »

I hate to say it, but this guy may be telling the truth.  Lets be honest with ourselves here.  It is very possible that CD may suck bad.  If the record lable thought that CD would be a multiplatinum album that would end up making millions, why wouldn't they have released it by now?   From the standpoint of the interscope executives it would make no sense for them to sit on a goldmine and not cash in after all these years if they actually believe that they could.   An explanation for this could be that CD is a total disaster and the payoff wouldn't collateral their investiment into Axl's 10 year project.   I hope this is not the case, and excuse the cliche but as they say denial ain't just a river in Egypt.  

Because its impossible to release that which you haven't been given TO release.  Its not like Interscope had a completed Chinese Democracy sitting on some exec's desk in early 2001 and they said "wow, this sucks - forget it, we're not gonna release it"  But you know what, we'll go ahead and let them tour on this crappy material and we'll toss some occasional website updates out to the masses to make them think its coming.  Damn, we're a crafty record company!

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2004, 09:06:56 AM »

Shit ......Chinese Democracy is strong just on theses songs alone

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
Rhiad

Most fucking artist only have 4 good songs on an album anyway

bullshit....chinese democracy...................i do not think sucks

sorry

those four songs are great and can challenge anything played currently on radio.

oh my god was good..........all it needed was a video and re-mixed to bring out axl's voice..........awesome catchy song.

just think the above 4 songs are not the best..........what if?

what a fucking album...........could top afd

-5th
madagas
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2004, 09:09:56 AM »

Well 5th, what if they put out a greatest hits with those 4 new songs? He he....a primer for the album? I would simply shoot somebody! Grin
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2004, 09:21:39 AM »

ya.i had that thought some time ago.............

it is the only way i would buy it...........with something new.........

most hits cd's do have new stuff......................

it would rock......to have those four new songs on it

they do hold up to the old stuff.........we seen that live....no doubt

material is strong..maybe a little stronger

also.....it is the only way to keep me from breaking something.

hihi

ok

HERE IS A KICK ASS HIT'S PACKAGE

two different albums

CD1

1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Brownstone
4. You Could Be Mine
5. Shadow of Your Love (Live)
6. Rocket Queen
7. Move to the City (Live)
8. Ain't it Fun
9. Sweet Child Of Mine
10. NightTrain
11. Mama Kin (Live)
12. Out Ta Get Me
13. My Michele
14. Paradise City
15. Extra track - Crash Diet

Limited Bonus Tracks

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Rhiad

CD2

1. November Rain
2. Live and Let Die
3. Knockn on Heavens Door (Live)
4. Patience (Live)
5. Sympathy for the Devil
6. Civil War
7. Since I Don't Have You
8. Don't Cry
9. Used to Love Her (Live)
10. Yesterdays
11. Estranged
12. extra track - Dust in the Wind (Live)

Limited Bonus Tracks

1. The Blues
2. Madagascar

it could be a stretch to fit all of these on a single cd......but it looks good.

-5th
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 10:02:20 AM by 5thofwhiskey » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2004, 10:54:52 AM »

Shit ......Chinese Democracy is strong just on theses songs alone

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
Madagascar
Rhiad

Most fucking artist only have 4 good songs on an album anyway

I entirely agree, those songs rock, Chinese Democracy will be awesome, no record company would discard that.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2004, 11:20:57 AM »

He also mentioned that if CD was such a great record it would have been relased years ago, otherwise he had no other explanation.

Another winner! Three posts to the champ! I hate to say it, but you might be the same person who started this never ending thread!

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2004, 01:15:10 PM »

You really think he's telling the truth? hihi

If anyone remembers Pure, he used to post "information" and never respond to anyones posts, he just stayed on watching peoples re-actions to his threads. This guy did the same thing. He was on-line on for at least 30 minutes when I asked him 1 question he obviously couldn't answer.

And again, A&R guys are always monitoring a bands progress in the studio for the label, with that fact and the fact they were continuing to pay for studio time up until the end of 2003, I highly doubt they would decide to stop now. If CD was a disaster, they would have known a long time ago. Axl isn't in a studio spending the labels money with the label having no knowledge on what he's doing and they have no say in what's going on. It doesn't work that way. Sorry.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
MetaSouL
Opening Act

Just like missionaries...real-time visionaries.

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2004, 02:27:24 PM »

What's so confusing here?  Nothing.  

The alleged greatist hits is listed on the Interscope label through a third-party source and remains unconfirmed.  Nevertheless, it makes perfect sense to release a greatest hits album from the old material as a prepromotional advertising tool for Chinese Democracy....and yes, the timing is right if we are to believe Dizzy's 2nd-34rd quarter '04 release statement.  BUT, this has nothing to do with canceling Chinese Democracy.  That shit was pulled out of thin air with no substantiating proof.

~M
madagas
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2004, 02:32:36 PM »

Let me reitirate, I'll shoot somebody if they release a greatest hits cd. crying crying crying crying Grin
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2004, 03:23:32 AM »

Let me reitirate, I'll shoot somebody if they release a greatest hits cd. crying crying crying crying Grin

i will too, fuck, even kiss has the integrety not to release a GH album  Roll Eyes

i just hope it's Chinese Democracy in disguise..  so when GN'R Greatest Hits hits the stores, it's really CD  ok

edit: guess i'll have to add that the "cd in diguise" part of this post was sarcastic, jeezz Tongue
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 09:10:27 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2004, 07:24:34 AM »

I think it's pretty obvious that there isn't anything to even discuss here. The smell of bullshit is overwhelming.

Above all else, it just doesn't make any sense.

What would be the fucking shit, is if CD is disguised as the greatest hits. Would this work as a method to stop a leak tho? You can fool people into thinking GH was coming, and fool those actually pressing the disks, but what about when it's packaged? Maybe it would reduce the chances, but then maybe it's a totally stupid idea?

@#$%Muther
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2004, 09:03:15 AM »

I don't know why I keep hearing that people think GnR will release CD "In disguise"!? Why on earth would they release this long awaited CD under the cloak of darkness, so to speak? You want to have an album shipped out that nobody thinks is coming? What good would that do? I can see 2-3 months out putting out "Guns N roses, TBA" on record stores "coming soon lists" but this album NEEDS hype, and the record company will hype it. Plus, the label needs to have artwork and press info. on it out at least 5 weeks prior to it's street date, so it can get in magazines and the sunday circulars that hit the week it releases. If and when Chinese Democracy comes out, we will definitley see it coming.  Smiley
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2004, 10:45:11 AM »

I believe it's bullshit.

Can I kill the messenger?  rofl  rant

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2004, 12:31:58 PM »

If and when Chinese Democracy comes out, we will definitley see it coming.  Smiley

That's what I think too.

I don't think we'll hear about in on some radio station or from some records store.

I think they'll announce it in a press release or in an interview.

At least I hope so, because so far we've heard radio stations say all kinds of things. It needs to be an official statement of some kind.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: