|Happenin' Harry, including Dizzy, were interviewed on 94.7 The Zone in Chicago, IL this morning by Pete McMurray and "Freak".
They started off with lame questions about how the band got the name Happenin' Harry, then Dizzy was introduced as "Dizzy Reed, who was in Guns N' Roses". Dizzy firmly corrected them, "IS in Guns N' Roses".
After that, they dug in on Dizzy, asking when the album will be out, to which he said, "very soon".
Other questions asked were:
- What the hold up is, if it's Axl.
Dizzy's reply: "It's not Axl, there's just a couple of details that need worked out." Harry joked that Geffen is merging with Duncan Hines (the bakery company), suggesting that's the problem.
- The interviewers said they keep hearing it will be out soon and it never happens.
Dizzy, getting a bit irritated, said, "it will be out soon, next time I'm here I'll have it in my hand, hopefully."
- Dizzy was asked if he ever talks to Axl or if Axl is a recluse.
Dizzy replied, "Axl is NOT a recluse," and said he spoke to Axl "a couple of weeks ago, I think."
Then they asked a question about whether Buckethead is a freak, Dizzy said how talented and entertaining Buckethead is.
- Rock In Rio was the next topic, the hosts wondered if they're playing there and Dizzy said, "that's what I hear," somewhat non-commitedly. Then they mentioned going down to Rio. Dizzy corrected them, saying it's in Portugal and confirming the May 30th date.
Here are the remaining Chicago area dates for Happenin' Harry & The Haptones:
Thu, Jan 29th, 2004 - West Dundee, IL @ The Clearwater Theater (9pm, all ages)
Fri, Jan 30th, 2004 - Romeoville, IL @ Leo's Bar And Grill (10pm, 21 and over)
Sat, Jan 31st, 2004 - Chicago, IL @ Nite Cap Lounge Room (11pm, 21 and over)
Velvet Revolver won the What Band's New CD Are You Most Anticipating? category at the 2003 Sludgeaholic Choice Awards:
1. Velvet Revolver (1776) 29%
[6,055 votes total]
A strong win for Velvet Revolver here because it seems like Velvet Revolver fans got all hyped up about this and told everybody to vote for them. Too bad once the CD comes out they're probably win Most Overrated Band next year.