Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank is the drummer according to GN'R's Myspace....  (Read 32705 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2006, 03:56:50 AM »

from cd.com: http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20020

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2006, 04:05:21 AM »

People may not like it- but Dizzy's message puts it out there for all to see.

One member has decided to put his family first at an important time- band/mgmt. says- "No problem. You're still in if and when you get back." Classy move.

The guy who replaces him- has to step up and man the kit during arguably GN'R's most important tour ever and follow the rather large footsteps of Adler, Sorum, Mantia- and the band says- "Dude- we're not putting you through this as an 'understudy'- welcome aboard- you're one of us." Another classy move.

So... let's let Brain go do his thing.... and get behind Frank. ok
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 04:08:12 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2006, 04:38:13 AM »

OH NO!!! PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T SO :-( :-( :-( NOOO!!!! PLS NOO!!!!  Cry Cry Cry
fixintodie
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2006, 05:14:10 AM »

That's cool, thanks for posting. Clears a lot up.  yes So its probably safe to say that it's Frank for at least the near future, and almost certainly for the rest of the US tour, but Brain isn't officially out.

Just in time for Halloween.....Guns N' Roses announces its drummer is......FRANKN'BRAIN!!!  Shocked

(Ok, I'm probably the only one who'll find that funny)

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2006, 05:29:48 AM »

Just in time for Halloween.....Guns N' Roses announces its drummer is......FRANKN'BRAIN!!!  Shocked

(Ok, I'm probably the only one who'll find that funny)

Not quite, it made me laugh - we must have the same warped sense of humour!  Grin  Just wait 'till he comes onstage in fishnets and suspenders.  BTW, is it possible to play the drums in stilettos?   hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2006, 09:02:42 AM »

I think its good that Brain wants to spend time with his family, he deserves it.  I think family is much more important than GNR.  His baby was just born, he should watch it grow.

Meanwhile, good luck to Frank.  From what i've heard, he plays the songs pretty well.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2006, 09:09:29 AM »

You know, when you have a kid it is kind of important to be around them when they're still a newborn, you know, the whole getting to you thing, and wanting to be a part of your childs life, instead of spending a lot of time away from it....and I might be going out on a limb here, but his kid and his lady might mean more to him than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a year off to be with them.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2006, 09:13:38 AM »

One member has decided to put his family first at an important time- band/mgmt. says- "No problem. You're still in if and when you get back." Classy move.

The guy who replaces him- has to step up and man the kit during arguably GN'R's most important tour ever and follow the rather large footsteps of Adler, Sorum, Mantia- and the band says- "Dude- we're not putting you through this as an 'understudy'- welcome aboard- you're one of us." Another classy move.

Amen.  Now let's get back to the tour and the upcoming album.  Best to both Frank and Brain, and to GnR's continued success as the release date approaches...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »

Very intelligent post,  ok

I've seen the band with Brain and Frank, and both times were equally as enjoyable.  The fact that Frank was around as an understudy suggests Brains extended absence was always a possibility and was perhaps carefully planned.  It shouldn't be read into too much.
Death Cube K
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2006, 10:02:17 AM »

I understand Brain 100% and I welcome him back when he choose to do so Smiley
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2006, 10:52:55 AM »

I understand Brain 100% and I welcome him back when he choose to do so Smiley

Yeah me too.  But it would've been cool to make some kinda announcement at Inland about that being Brain's last show for a while.  Although there have been many line-up changes over the years it was nice to have a somewhat solid group of muscians under the Guns N' Roses banner.  The old band had been through so much together and it was great to see their chemistry expressed on stage on on their albums.  I feel like Axl, Tommy, Richard, and Robin have that chemistry and I guess as long as they stay together that's all that matters. 

I remember Brain's statement about being in GNR "as long as the checks keep coming in" and that did make me like him less.  But honestly the main reason I want him to stay is because of the Bucket connection!

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »

I thought Frank was Axl's bodyguard.  Lips Sealed

That would be cool. "Axl Rose and His Magical Band of Big Touring Bodyguards - Coming Soon to a City Near You. Check local listings!"
damienthetaz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »

After seeing Frank play with Guns the last two shows here in Florida, he kicks ass! He nails the songs, he can stay as long as he wants beer
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »

Very intelligent post,  ok

I've seen the band with Brain and Frank, and both times were equally as enjoyable.  The fact that Frank was around as an understudy suggests Brains extended absence was always a possibility and was perhaps carefully planned.  It shouldn't be read into too much.

seen the band with frank and brain too...

i m really happy ... brain sux a lot.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2006, 11:36:18 AM »

ive seen gnr with both frank and brain. brain is a far superior drummer. i travel all over the world to see the band that I love. i just went down to florida to see them. It's only fair that they should have told the fans about brain leaving. i would have never travelled to see them woth frank. its just my opinion that he doesnt belong here.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »

Its not too unusual to have a touring musician with certain circumstances. If not Frank, who? Frank had a chance to learn the ropes in Europe.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2006, 11:45:44 AM »

ive seen gnr with both frank and brain. brain is a far superior drummer. i travel all over the world to see the band that I love. i just went down to florida to see them. It's only fair that they should have told the fans about brain leaving. i would have never travelled to see them woth frank. its just my opinion that he doesnt belong here.

Frank has played with Tool, Wycleaf, Gordon Gano  Cool and Perry Farrell. He belongs there.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »

Very intelligent post,? ok

I've seen the band with Brain and Frank, and both times were equally as enjoyable.? The fact that Frank was around as an understudy suggests Brains extended absence was always a possibility and was perhaps carefully planned.? It shouldn't be read into too much.

seen the band with frank and brain too...

i m really happy ... brain sux a lot.

Family is definitely No. 1, so Brain did the right thing. As for the above quote, if you think Brain "sux a lot," you're out of your freakin' mind. He's probably the most versatile drummers GNR has had. Plus, he's a character. Actually has some personality.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2006, 12:01:09 PM »

It's funny how quick the mood changed in this thread once people read that message from Dizzy. I just thought it was common sense that Brain was with his family and Frank was just filling in for the tour, but so many of you INSISTED that Brain HAD TO BE OUT OF GN'R because it didn't list his name on MYSPACE (of all places)!!! Some of you people make me laugh and it's not because you're funny in a humorous way, but a pathetic way. I guess it was too HARD to believe the OFFICIAL WORD from Merck when he said they "were both part of Guns N' Roses." Sometimes I think people disagree to disagree and then we get a 7 page thread about Frank's name appearing on Myspace. It's ok, I still enjoy reading all those pages of reasons WHY brain MUST have left the band in this thread.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2006, 12:09:26 PM »

I tune out most drumming anyway, so it doesn't bother me much even if Brain was out.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: