Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:04:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 223 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tackles, balls and Seaman - The footie thread  (Read 406622 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #3700 on: January 21, 2007, 01:48:26 PM »

Crap! Oh well...6 points in front ain't bad...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3701 on: January 21, 2007, 03:04:54 PM »

Crap! Oh well...6 points in front ain't bad...

were in abeeter positin now than the start of the weekend

still 6 points clear, goal difference has improved by one over chelsea, and one game less to play  Smiley
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3702 on: January 21, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »

^ Still got trips to Anfield, Stamford Bridge and worst part of north London though.

What am I saying, that should be at least 9 points. rofl

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #3703 on: January 21, 2007, 09:24:40 PM »

I was there.  I can honestly say i've never been happier at a football match - I was delirious after Henry's goal, hugging strangers, etc..  What a result!  VP's goal was quality (especially after that flick from Henry).  Man U got what they deserved for shamelessly trying to waste time after their goal, they were pretty poor today to be honest.

Unfortunately Liverpool won as well this weekend but the top 4 looks very interesting at the moment.  We've now done the treble over Liverpool and the double over Man U this season. Kiss
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3704 on: January 22, 2007, 11:31:44 AM »

We've now done the treble over Liverpool and the double over Man U this season. Kiss

and yest you still trail both teams
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #3705 on: January 22, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

Yes, yes, that was too easy. Tongue

Arsenal and Liverpool both had terrible starts to the season because we weren't quite ready.? I don't see any reason why we can't challenge Man U and Chelsea for the league next season (though those who say we can do it this season are wishful thinkers).? Arsenal at full strength are just as good as the top 2 imo, if not better.? We're still in 3 competitions, including the big one, so i'm feeling pretty optimistic at the moment.? Another strong Champions League could well be on the cards.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:09:36 PM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3706 on: January 23, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »

Yes, yes, that was too easy. Tongue

Arsenal and Liverpool both had terrible starts to the season because we weren't quite ready.  I don't see any reason why we can't challenge Man U and Chelsea for the league next season (though those who say we can do it this season are wishful thinkers).  Arsenal at full strength are just as good as the top 2 imo, if not better.  We're still in 3 competitions, including the big one, so i'm feeling pretty optimistic at the moment.  Another strong Champions League could well be on the cards.

wasnt that the feeling at the start of this season, that arsenal would compete this season, and liverpool were second favourites behind chelsea
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #3707 on: January 23, 2007, 12:49:18 PM »

No, everyone thought Chelsea would walk it again.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3708 on: January 23, 2007, 05:19:01 PM »

No, everyone thought Chelsea would walk it again.

Exactement, as The Professor would say. hihi

Losing the influence and experience of Bergkamp, Pires and Campbell was always going to hurt us this season, added to the fact we had more players than any other in the Premiership in the World Cup.

It always takes players time to recover from that, unless of course you are English. rofl

Give Peace A Chance...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3709 on: January 24, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »

from www.bbc.co.uk
Baros, who signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at the Stade Gerland, admitted talking to Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho after the goalless Premiership game at Villa Park on 2 January.

"We just spoke about the match. Just after the game in the tunnel he told me that he wanted me to join the team and asked me if I was interested. I told him so. But it did not happen in the end."

Surely thats tapping up a player?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #3710 on: January 24, 2007, 09:32:27 AM »

Yeah it is, but...Baros? Undecided
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3711 on: January 24, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »

Spurs 2 Arsenal's Kids 2 rofl

To quote one particular part of Shite Hart Lane tonight:- "2-0 and you f**ked it up!" rofl

Martin Jol should be England manager, full of negativity. rofl

Paul Robinson? England's Number 1? rofl

Give Peace A Chance...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3712 on: January 24, 2007, 08:10:13 PM »

Cor, you must be an embarrasement to your neutral friends, if you have any.

Neutrals, I mean, sincerely.

Good match, and while it's not ideal I won't be bothered about going into the Emirates leg with a score draw. Had we won then you would put out your first team.

Get a clue, realize that you clearly have a superior squad to us, and start bragging about things worth bragging about.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #3713 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:32 PM »

A couple of brilliant substitutions saved us a lot of embarassment today.  Eboue was immense when he came on - if he and Hleb hadn't both got injured we might have stolen a win in the last few minutes.  I'm so glad Baptista is starting to score goals because he can look very iffy at times, luckily he managed to redeem himself today.  Fabregas was superb throughout but Walcott looked poor again (don't forget he's still just a kid).

As for Tottenham - they simply ran out of steam in the second half and maybe assumed that the win was already in the bag.  It was a blow for them to lose Berbatov early on because Robbie Keane never looked threatening to me.  Lennon clearly has a lot of skill but needs to grow a brain if he is ever going to live up to his obvious potential and, although I have always liked Robinson, i'm starting to think more and more that he's a pretty poor first choice for England as his errors are becoming more and more frequent.  I think Almunia is elegable to play for England so maybe he's the answer - what do you think Jimbo? Wink
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #3714 on: January 25, 2007, 09:33:56 AM »

Oh behave yourself. I'm a huge Robinson fan, and while he's made a few rash decisions in his time (... because Lemon never has.............................................................), he's still a great keeper and is yet to actually embarrass himself.

I was thinking last night though, Fabregas and Lennon are good examples of youngsters with potential from our country and youngsters with potential from the continent, eh? Lennon keeps his head down and gets on with it, while every time the referee blows the whistle, for whatever reason, the expression on Fabregas' face makes him almost as smackable as Robbie Savage. As good as he is, he's still a little shit.

As for Lennon growing a brain...

... Behave yourself. Come on, it's not like he's orchestrating play from the middle of the park, he isn't supposed to be the brains behind the opperation. What his problems ar,e though he has vastly improved since last season, is his final ball at times isn't always the greatest and that he tends to disappear towards the end of the game.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3715 on: January 25, 2007, 12:47:36 PM »

Oh behave yourself. I'm a huge Robinson fan, and while he's made a few rash decisions in his time (... because Lemon never has.............................................................), he's still a great keeper and is yet to actually embarrass himself.

yet to embarrass himself??? confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #3716 on: January 25, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »

Peter Shilton and Gordon Banks were great keepers.

Paul Robinson is little more than mediocre. Yet to embarass himself? Did you not see the England game in Croatia? And as for his positioning last night for Arsenal's equaliser, Martin Jol ought to have had him shot on the spot.

Give Peace A Chance...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #3717 on: January 25, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »

Did you not see the England game in Croatia?

Embarrasing? As I said, if it's embarrasement that you're after then look no further than yourself when you're around neutral friends. Seriously. Croatia, ha! I just don't get it. Point a) you should never pass directly towards the goal unless you can avoid it, Gary Neville, and point b) it's not like he sliced the ball. He went to kick it and the dodgy pitch meant that it jumped over his foot. Unavoidable! What should he have done you goalkeeping expert you, pick it up ( confused) or control it, thereby taking the power away from the kick ( confused)?

This country.  no

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3718 on: January 26, 2007, 09:08:17 AM »

You dont consider the sad reality Robinson conceeds more goals from outside the box than any other Premiership keeper 'embarrasing'?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #3719 on: January 26, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »

^^ i dont think anyone who supports liverpool can call anyones elses goalkeeper embarrasing
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 223 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: