Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  baseball
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: baseball  (Read 29510 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »

World series is played in two countries one continent hihi

Incredible. A yank who realises this without being told. Very impressive.

I must've mentioned this to 50 americans when i worked in the states and everyone one of them gave me a look like a dog that had just been shown a card trick and said "y'know, that is kinda funny".

I'm sure the info is somewhere here in the thread, but i'm lazy - how long till the baseball season starts. I'm a touch insomniatic and theres a channel in britain that does all the yank sports; right now they're showing hockey and its shit. i want my baseball back.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2006, 02:32:31 PM »

It starts on April 2nd and quit making fun of us Yankee Fans. We're not all stupid.  rant
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

Markus, when he said yank, he meant American hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2006, 05:39:53 AM »

I must've mentioned this to 50 americans when i worked in the states and everyone one of them gave me a look like a dog that had just been shown a card trick and said "y'know, that is kinda funny".

I'm sure the info is somewhere here in the thread, but i'm lazy - how long till the baseball season starts. I'm a touch insomniatic and theres a channel in britain that does all the yank sports; right now they're showing hockey and its shit. i want my baseball back.

Oh I always laughed at that.. World series minus the world.. World baseball classic should have the world series
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2006, 06:44:45 PM »

Markus, when he said yank, he meant American hihi

Well, I'm still an american so that's still an insult.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2006, 12:26:10 PM »

So, which team is everybody rooting for?

I'm rooting for anaheim, both chicago's and the yankees.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

ny mets ,david wright, jose reyes good things to come 5-1 beer
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2006, 02:16:23 PM »

I'm rooting for no more injuries for the Blue Crew! (3 in one day, that's just sad Sad)
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:56 PM »

Go Mets! David Wright is the shit! Could become one of the greatest players ever if he keeps this up...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2006, 01:26:01 AM »

I'm rooting for the Phillies starting pitching to stop sucking so much.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2006, 06:53:37 PM »

ny mets ,david wright, jose reyes good things to come 5-1 beer

beer 7-1 after another stomping of the Nationals today. Nice to see Beltran ripping the ball. I'm looking forward to their upcoming west coast trip. I've got tickets to all 4 games in S.D. and am working on the 3 in S.F. beer

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »

Oh I always laughed at that.. World series minus the world.. World baseball classic should have the world series

Not really minus the world - how many were actually born in the US?

Go Yankees!  Grin

Why don't you just....
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2006, 11:25:34 AM »

Indians and Red Sox.  That's all I have to say.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2006, 11:05:04 PM »

I am a fan of the worst team, the worst franchise, the worst  run-team in the history of baseball: The KC Royals. What a bunch of losers! but at least I am loyal.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2006, 02:59:48 AM »

Props to you Krispy Kreme!  I know what its like to be a fan of a losing baseball team.  I've been a Phillie fan since 1992, and they've made the playoffs one time in that span.  At least they've been pretty competitive the last couple years though.  The Royals seem to lose 100 games every year.  Way to stick to it though.  Think about it this way, if you guys ever turn it around and win a World Series it'll be so much sweeter having gone through so much losing.  I think Yankee fans are spoiled.  By the time they won in 2000 I could see it didn't really mean as much to the fans anymore.  I've also got a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the Royals since they're the team the Phills beat for their only World Series championship.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »

I am a fan of the worst team, the worst franchise, the worst? run-team in the history of baseball: The KC Royals. What a bunch of losers! but at least I am loyal.

Sorry but the royals aren't the worst-run team in baseball. The tigers management is worse. A lot worse. KC got to spend $22 million this year and let's just say they did what they could. if you don't have talent at the major or minor league level, then that's what happens to you, you lose, you lose, you lose.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2006, 01:35:31 AM »

I am a fan of the worst team, the worst franchise, the worst? run-team in the history of baseball: The KC Royals. What a bunch of losers! but at least I am loyal.

Sorry but the royals aren't the worst-run team in baseball. The tigers management is worse. A lot worse. KC got to spend $22 million this year and let's just say they did what they could. if you don't have talent at the major or minor league level, then that's what happens to you, you lose, you lose, you lose.

I'd say the Royals are worse run than the Tigers right now.  The Tigers added some decent players this year.  The Royals wasted money on players like Reggie Sanders, Joe Mays, Mark Redman, and Scott Elarton.  The Tigers have made much better acquisitions in the past couple years like Magglio Ordonez and Todd Jones.  Also they have better young guys coming up.  I think the Tigers can win 80 games this year.  The Royals will be lucky if they get to 60.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2006, 04:45:44 PM »

No, you have it backwords. The tigers are the ones that spent how much money on Kenny Rogers? A 40 year old pitcher and they give him 2 years. You don't give a 40 year old pitcher a 2 year contract unless his name is Roger Clemens.

And, given that $22 million, the royals did all they could. It will take awhile for them to be able to do anything. And by the way, the tigers may have started hot but they will fall hard. I guarantee it!

Also, you need to realize that Magglio Ordonez isn't the slugger he used to be.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2006, 03:12:12 AM »

Bottom line to me is the Tigers have started off quite well while the Royals are once again in the AL Central basement, and will remain there the rest of the season.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2006, 03:46:09 AM »

Go Mets! David Wright is the shit! Could become one of the greatest players ever if he keeps this up...

you jinxd him Angry Wright and reyes need to wake up, their batting slump is killer.. Delgado is carrying the team right now,, Beltran fucking injured, lost bannister, and floyd needs to get going..

What a nail biter against the giants the other day...

Atlanta baby, hope the mets whip their ass...

kaz mastsui sucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: