Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:45:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)  (Read 113706 times)
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »

Boy I wish I was there!!! The ones who attended the show sure are some lucky bastards  beer  !!!!

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2010, 10:12:19 AM »

I imagine Tommy Stinson has a great deal of respect for Duff and vice versa.  Both these guys have racked up quite a rock n roll resume.
Not to mention they have more than a little in common background-wise.
Come to think of it this isn't the first time they've been on stage together either. Duff's band Ten Minute Warning opened for The Replacements in Seattle in the early 80's. (I'm still hoping there are photos of that gig around somewhere.)

I love that hotel story. I can just imagine the look on their faces if they did literally just bump into each other. Shocked
(Although Duff being over here on buisness probably makes it less likely he'll be at any other shows, considering he presumably won't have time to follow the band around on tour.)

BTW I'd guess part of the reason Duff looked a little awkward on stage would be the fact that he hasn't played some of these songs in a while. You Could Be Mine I don't think he's done since leaving GNR.
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #322 on: October 15, 2010, 10:45:32 AM »

Let's speculate once and imagine it does happen that Duff returns...how would you then react??

I would be bloody disappointed and would lose a lot of respect for the band. Don't get me wrong, Duff joining the band on stage was a beautiful nostalgia thing, but the band has moved on since the 90s and with all due respect to Duff, I really don't think he has enough to offer musically for the band as it is now (meaning Duff seemingly prefers different direction in music if judged by the style of VR).

I assume you were also dissapointed back in the day when the old members left? Did you lose respect for the band back then?

Nice try, but I'd recommend not to mix apples with oranges. Back in the 90s people left because they wanted to, they were not fired to be replaced by someone else (well, we all know about Steven but that was a bit different, he could not do the job), so no, how can I lose respect if people want to move on? It would not do anybody any good to force anyone to stay against their will.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
kalina.malina
Opening Act

« Reply #323 on: October 15, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »

this is a nice video - YCBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2owwG-cTf4

WOW COOOLLL
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #324 on: October 15, 2010, 11:04:10 AM »

My video of YCBM...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAoc87z9d4A

kalina.malina
Opening Act

« Reply #325 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:46 AM »

Why you didn't take me with you Christos Sad(((((((.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #326 on: October 15, 2010, 11:23:02 AM »

Nice job!  ok

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #327 on: October 15, 2010, 11:30:08 AM »

gotta love the bitterness from some of the people here.

html sucks
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2010, 11:36:11 AM »

Great video, do you have Nice Boys?
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »

For anybody who thinks Duff playing with GN'R is some kind of sign of a reunion: Go fuck yourselves....

I know it might offend some, but that's as clear as it gets.  ok

/jarmo

+1

Tommy left the stage and gave Duff his bass to play during YCBM

great stuff

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2010, 11:48:52 AM »

Wow! That's fantastic that Duff came on as a guest...I hope some day they all make their peace and do a one off reunion gig, I can't see them reforming but for the original line up to do a few songs for old time sake would be amazing!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
adamwolff11
Opening Act

« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »

Anyone who says they wouldn't be happy to see at least one show with the old band can, "Go fuck yourselves".

Jarmo did you even like Guns prior to the 2000's? Why would you, as the owner of an amazing Guns site, tell people to go fuck themselves for thinking about a reunion? Obviously no one should get that idea from this, but don't act like a tool for no reason.

The new band is cool, and they released a good cd, and I think if they all wrote together it could be really good. But no matter how great the music is, they will never be the old band, not that they have to be. Axl is completely separate from the rest of the guys. You see any of the videos of the band practicing? Axl is nowhere to be found. These guys are hired guns, no pun intended. They're good, and I enjoy them, but that's what they are.

Any of you who say, "A reunion would be a step back" are absolutely fucking jackasses. A reunion of 5 of the greatest musicians of all time would be a step back? Yeah that makes sense. This site is unbelievable sometimes. THE NEW BAND IS GOOD. I GET IT. I LIKE THEM. THEY SHOULD GET MORE CREDIT. Why can't you like the new band but realize that they aren't, and never will be on the level of what the original 5 were? I can't believe people honestly would not want the original 5 together. Why are you all Guns fans? Did you start with Chinese Democracy? If so, then okay, I understand. But nearly all of us started with Appetite, which was one of the greatest albums ever made. That was back when Guns N Roses was an actual band...5 guys who were equals. What we have now is cool, because it's better than nothing, and the musicianship is impressive, but all it is, is a cover band with the original lead singer. Axl is making 50 times what the others are making. He wanted a band he could dictate to, and he's got it. He's got a group of guys that are just happy to be a part of Guns, so they'll put up with going on an hour late or not having any say in anything.

The new band is great, but you all would shit your pants if the old band got back together, don't act like you wouldn't. And Jarmo, you should be about a thousand times more professional. You've got one of the best, if not the best, Guns site on the internet. Maybe it makes you a little cocky, and maybe I get banned for speaking against you, but don't be a douche bag just because you're in a position of power.

Boromir
VIP

« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »

Why can't you like the new band but realize that they aren't, and never will be on the level of what the original 5 were?

I think now, that even a reunion is not gonna make them the level they WERE.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »

Nice video. Cool

And here's a rough "Patience":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LdvjQewcac

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #334 on: October 15, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »

How did they introduce Duff anyway?

html sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #335 on: October 15, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »

How did they introduce Duff anyway?

I was wondering that myself... Did he just come on stage for YCBM, and get the intro at the end of the song?

The end of YCBM w/ Tommy and Duff really give me the chills! Absolutley GREAT!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #336 on: October 15, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »

@adamwolff... I am a huge fan of the both the band's past and present. But why do I personally not want to see a reunion? The answer is simple... I do not believe the new band members are just "hired guns" as so many people put it. To say that shows a huge amount of disrespect to them. They may not be the original members, and may be under contract... but when it comes to the band they all make valuable contributions. I'm hoping that at some point this line-up gets their own record out there to prove this. And because of this, I think that it will be the biggest insult to them if Axl suddenly one day said, "My old friends want to talk to me again, so you're all fired". After how much they've invested, it would be the ultimate put-down.
Now I don't mind seeing guest appearances happening, because it's nice to see that water can indeed flow under the bridge of GN'R... having all of the original line-up not hating each other any more would be fantastic. But anything more than that would be like sweeping years of the band's history under the rug.

I also like things how they are now... Slash's album and tour is fantastic. Duff's band is also great, and put on some of the best shows I've ever been at. Izzy's always putting out new material, and Guns N' Roses are the biggest live rock n' roll spectacle in the world currently. Why would I want these four things to be compressed into one? (Other than to make it easier on my wallet, obviously).
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: October 15, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »

Im a British Pakistani and this was my first ever GUNS N ROSES concert. I am so fortunate to see them. I took my friend with me whose also British Pakistani. Im into GNR but he's into his other music like Bhangra, Hip-Hop etc etc but even he was BLOWN away with how good GNR were and especially AXL. I didnt reconise DUFF when he came on, it was my friend who did. He said to me ' Whose that tall dude who just came on stage' I was like OMG, thats DUFF. Overall it was an amazing experience. Im sick of certain people saying crap about the band. It was 1000000% PERFECTION.
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #338 on: October 15, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »

I still like my idea: Gunsfest. A 1 day, 1 stage festival with ALL the members, past and present initially playing with their side/solo projects (as many as possible anyway, I'd love a Replacements reunion too but it ain't gonna happen) and then the headline act is every GNR line-up playing in reverse chronological order. Start with the newer songs, go through stuff Buckethead wrote with them (with him playing it) etc. end on AFD songs.

Then they can go back to what they're doing now. Smiley

Never going to happen in a million years (I think Duff would kill me, he'd be playing about 5 or 6 sets in a day!) but it would be awesome.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

@Sorri thats excellent dude, i love it when people not into rock n roll....get into rock n roll from seeing a show.

I concur about peoples moaning about the new line up, when i saw them live i had a great time n i dont understand why the press gives them so much hate.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: