Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:37:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227890 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 63926 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« on: April 16, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »

Slash reveal the truth behind Scott's departure and what the future holds for VR

When Scott strode up the mircophone and informed a sold-out Glasgow SECC that "they were watching something special - the last tour by VR" his bandmates, Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave all stood back and stared at each other. To the casual observer this was shock, pure and simple, but to those privy to the inside workings of the band, this was actually an annoucement that made everyone but the singers lives a good eal easier. Because those four men already knew what Scott didn't - that he was already out the band.

"he didn'tknow that we were already planning on extraditing him" says Slash "when we started touring the second record, it just felt like we were losing Scott as far as out connection went. During the tour with Alice in Chains [in august 07], he was just out to lunch. When he came back, he was supposed to go to rehab, so we postponed our Austrailian tour but he didn't really go to rehab. That was the final blow. we had a lot of commitments, like the tour in the UK, which we didn't want to go back on, so we wanted to finish those before telling him."

Here, Slash reveals the details of Scott's departure, Exclusively to Kerrang!

Was the split with Weiland difficult?

No, not really. at this point everybody's very relieved that we've got past it because, now he's not around we can consentrate on getting somebody into the fold that we can rely on, he's been talking about rejoining STP as well, so we told him, 'cool go jam with STP in the summer and we'll work on the album, we said that [before the split] because we didn't think there'd be anything going on with him after the summer anyway.

That must have made the relantionship complicated between you on your last tour

We basically didn't speak a word that whole time, we gave him the cold shoulder in the UK like nobody's business. There were a couple of arguements around the stage but, other than that, nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable. No wonder he didn't have a good time, then, he told everyone in Glasgow that the whole band was over. we were like 'Oh well, i guess we've got a surprise coming for you, Scott'

So it end didn't end on good term, then?

It wasn't malicious. the whole thing was basically just a lot more difficult that we've made it sound for the last few years

If you weren't speaking, did that make travelling together hard?

For the most part, i don't really remember seeing much of him, We flew to Dubai together, i think, when we played recently, well i think i remember him being on the plane, anyway. we sort of got used to him not being around. He's never really been part of the mechanics of the group - he's always been separate and doing his own little thing

Was it irratating that the singer in your band wouldn't commit to actually being in the band?

I'm really easy-going and i'll make allowances for whatever people need. But there is the other side of it too and, when you're dealing with someone who is too high-maintenance to hang out with the guys in the trenches, then there are problems

Did that feel like a snub to you?

I didn't take it personally but i don't want to dwell on it too much, there was a point where he had certain requirements - he need this to deal with things, then that - and you just get to a point where you think, whatever, i'd like to have somebody up there who's comfortable enough and secure enough with himself to be the frontman without feeling that he's being threatened by the other guys. Really, though i don't understand what goes on with these people!

Do you think Weiland was threatened by your shared history with Duff and Matt in GNR?

There was some underlying fucking theme that was going on but i'd be lying if i said i could put my finger exactly on it. i definatly get the feeling there was some sort of resentment going on

There was a rumour that Weiland was called 'J.A' - Junior Axl - By the band behind he back, is there any truth in that?

No, i never called him that, there were a few similarities though. what became really irritating was that i had the same problem with Scott as i had when i toured with Axl. i just couldn't get the guy onstage on time. That i can't accept. i will not do it again. i will not be in a situation where a guy is making the audience wait half an hour or an hour or more. it's criminal, i don't know who someone thinks he is when tries to get away with that sort of thing

You spoke about Weiland 'Erratic Behavior' and his 'Personal Problems' when you annouced his departure, What did you mean by that?

Oh man, that a broad statement isn't it? when it comes to those things, i don't want to speak badly of him because i don't want that negative energy going back and forth, basically, we're done. i don't need to air any dirty laundry about him. We had a good run and there are some good songs in there. We had some magic moments but the bad outweighted the good

Did Weiland's plans the Reunite with STP have any bearing on his exit?

It wasn't the STP thing at all. at the end of the day, he wanted the glory of going back to STP anyway, i think he thought we were going to wait around for him until the end of the summer but, instead we thoughts, Just go, We'll see how those guys fare with you

You seem to be cursed when it comes to singers...

I know, it figures, at this point, three times charmed right? We're looking forward to finding a new singer, though, and we're in a much stronger posistion to do that than when we started. Now, at least people know what we're doing, They know we're a rock 'n' roll band and that we're sucessful enough that you're going to have to be on your game if you're going to hook up with us. I just want to find this guy so we can write some songs.

Are you working with singers at the moment?

We had thought about working with someone else for the UK tour but there wasn't really enough time to break someone in for that. We're entertaining a couple of different ideas. There has been alot of interest, so we're working our way through what we like and what we don't like. I'm not going to make any rash decisions, it's nice that people are interested, though, it's 50 percent fate and 50 percent hard work and tenacity trying to find the right guy for the band. We've got the hard work and tenacity down, but, as far as fate is concerned, we'll just have to see.

Chinese Democracy!
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »

Interesting....
I sense this is going to spark some heated discussions...

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »

Wow, what a revealing article.  I want this put to rest though.  I don't like talking bad about each other.  It was a very interesting read anyway.  Sounds like they didn't like Scott on a personal level.  And I can understand that, cause I don't like him like that either.  Good luck to them moving on!
greendog
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:56:11 PM »

Source? Besides 'Kerrang', is there a link?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »

" what became really irritating was that i had the same problem with Scott as i had when i toured with Axl. "

Poor Slash, Nobody What Comprises.

Huh Huh Huh

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »

Source? Besides 'Kerrang', is there a link?

I saw this posted on another forum.  Looks like it is from the magazine...just depends on if the posters transcription is correct? Undecided

Kerrang! Magazine 16/04/2008

In this week's Kerrang! magazine we hit the road with Florida punk rock heroes Against Me! as they tear through the corporate trappings that surround them to reveal their inner punk rock hearts.

Plus: Ex-System Of A Down duo Daron Malakian and John Dolmayan unveil Scars On Broadway, Slash dishes the dirt on what really went down in the Velvet Revolver camp, meanwhile Scott Weiland makes his 2008 live debut with a re-united Stone Temple Pilots, Anti-Flag enlist the help of Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello for their roller derby-inspired video, Kids In Glass Houses play a stripped-down show for family and friends, Ash, Airbourne, Elliot Minor and Pendulum join the bill of this year's Kerrang!-sponsored Download festival and Introducing The Computers and Eternal Lord.

And: Paramore and My Chemical Romance rock California at Bamboozle Left, Every Time I Die destroy Oxford, Simple Plan's Pierre Bouvier takes on the Random Question Generator, teenage upstarts Outl4w revive the sound of classic punk rock, we go Access All Areas on tour with Aiden and Thrice geek out big time with The Alchemy Index Vol. III and IV. Mindless Self Indulgence's new album, IF, gets the K! reviews treatment, there's A Brief History Of DC hardcore and Tom Higgenson from Plain White T's tells us the last time he cracked a smile... (He couldn't actually remember).

Plus: Free posters of Angels And Airwaves, Kill Hannah, Good Charlotte, Children Of Bodom and Nightwish.

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/kerrang_magazine_15042008.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »

Slash is nothing but trouble, trust me..

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 07:03:16 PM »

^
This guys knows..... hihi hihi hihi yes

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

^
This guys knows..... hihi hihi hihi yes

TRUST ME!!!! Grin

Edit: Long time no see D, how's your musical experimentals gong??

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »

Shit all over the map, Solo stuff, band stuff, me and Loretian have some collaborations in the works. Once school ends May 1st, shits gonna happen.

On topic:

2nd time, same result, one has to start looking at Slash and Co. and asking maybe there is something wrong with them?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »

Shit all over the map, Solo stuff, band stuff, me and Loretian have some collaborations in the works. Once school ends May 1st, shits gonna happen.

On topic:

2nd time, same result, one has to start looking at Slash and Co. and asking maybe there is something wrong with them?

if you need something else than shit, contact me dude!
just wait till I get my gear rigged up and I'll serve you with better beats and song suggestions than you could ever have dreamed of.

on topic, nobody have to look at Slash and the guys...they're perfect.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:12 PM »

It's criminal to make the audience wait?

Perhaps someone should define for Slash what a criminal offense is.

Ali
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:47 PM »

Ali

a murder?

Ali
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

Ali

a murder?

That is one good example.  Not going on stage late.  That is not a criminal offense.

I would be curious to see what Scott would say about why he was going on stage late.

Ali
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 07:46:27 PM »

Ali

a murder?

That is one good example.  Not going on stage late.  That is not a criminal offense.

I would be curious to see what Scott would say about why he was going on stage late.

Ali

cos he's a tiny bit of a wanker?

Ali
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »

Ali

a murder?

Ali

Who's a wanker?  Weiland?

Ali
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 07:58:23 PM »

Ali

a murder?

Ali

Who's a wanker?  Weiland?

Ali

that's like asking the square root of one million...no one knows.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »

Ali

You know as much as I do that he used the word as a metaphor.

And I?m 100%  with Slash on this one.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

Slash came off kind of arrogant, and sort of dickheadedish in this interview.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 08:39:25 PM »

What a surprise, it's all someone else's fault  Shocked

I find it amazing that he says Scott wasn't really part of the band's dynamic when in reality the last album they released wore STP's influence on its sleeve, and I'm talking about the music not just the vocals
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: