Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's tattoos
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's tattoos  (Read 15162 times)
RachieRose
Opening Act

It's all foreplay...

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2006, 09:40:17 PM »

Hmm, not Michelle?! I usually use google and alltheweb.com to my research and I'm still wonderin'. nervous

He did have a girlfriend named Gina Siler that he moved to LA with in 1982 and was with her for 3 years but in this article there is no mention if this girl went out with Izzy first.? ?In the making of Don't Cry Axl explains about the girl on his arm being with Izzy first and the inspiration of the song.? ?But who know's if it's this chick.

The linked article is a people article that was printed in 1994.? ?It's an interesting article if you never read it before however it's pretty slanted towards Axl.? As he didn't comment at all.
http://www.bzzt.com/gnrbar/biography/axl/people94.html? ?I am posting the article just as the source of the Gina info.

It's not Gina, unless she dyed her hair. I have an old picture off Google that's supposed to be of the two of them and she's got short blond hair and thin lips. Looks nothing like the chick on his arm. But hey, maybe the pic was mislabeled.

If olive oil is made from olives, and corn oil is made from corn, what is baby oil made from?
iamspartacus
Opening Act

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »

Hm, could it possibly the one and only "Michelle"?! 'Cuz I know both Axl and Izzy dated her.

I've read people say that several times now, I'm beginning to doubt myself. I always believed Michelle was just a friend of Axl's whom he went out with for a short while, haven't read a thing that says Izzy dated her as well.

I still think the girl on Axl's arm is just an unnamed fling, or possibly Barbie von Grief, the inspiration for 'Rocket Queen'. Axl did say she "kept [him] alive for a while" and was a very close friend, until she faded out due to drugs.

An' gettin' used was havin' fun. . .
iamspartacus
Opening Act

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »

He did have a girlfriend named Gina Siler that he moved to LA with in 1982 and was with her for 3 years but in this article there is no mention if this girl went out with Izzy first. In the making of Don't Cry Axl explains about the girl on his arm being with Izzy first and the inspiration of the song. But who know's if it's this chick.

It's definitely not Gina Siler. I've read an article that includes a fairly extensive summary of their relationship, how they met etc, and there's no mention of Izzy other than him being among Axl's group of close friends at the time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:29:46 AM by iamspartacus » Logged

An' gettin' used was havin' fun. . .
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2006, 11:42:27 AM »

i think he got his appetite cross tattoo completely blacked out.

Do you know when he supposively did that?? Because I was looking at some pics from the 2002? VMA's and I'm pretty sure I could still see it there.?

see how brilliant the colors are here:

and since i can't find the one i'm looking for, this'll have to do... and i don't think it's just the lighting. he didn't get rid of it, obviously, but it is way too dark now:

Tattoo colours fade in years!!!especialy if they are exposed to sunlight!!they fade with age, if you want to keep the colour you have to get it recoloured.he hasnt had it blackened

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »

i am like a music tattoo freak, i have two tattoo's, i have the VR contraband woman on my inner right arm, and the 'pritty tied up' skellington thingy out of YUI2 on my upper right arm, i am planning on having the AFD cross where axl has his, but im unsure wether it will wreck my VR one!!!failing that i will get appetite for destruction on my back!!! peace

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 12:50:57 PM »

Hm, could it possibly the one and only "Michelle"?! 'Cuz I know both Axl and Izzy dated her.
bingo that's exactly who is!!!!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 12:57:16 PM »

It's the lady who inspired Don't Cry. I'm not sure what her name is. It's not Michelle.
watch the making of "Dont Cry"  Axl talks all about it , and his relationship with Michelle.  Michelle broke it off with Axl cause she knew it wasn't gonna work, and she had other direction.  He quotes, that he sat down in front of the Roxy and started to cry,  that is what inspired the second version of  the song.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »

from axl's tattoo's to dont cry, the links are good people  ok

godiva
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 02:14:53 PM »

I don't think the tattoo was blackened. I have several tattoos and they all faded a bit over the years. I'm 26, so it's safe to say Axl had his cross tattoo a lot longer than I had any of mine, plus it's on his forearm and therefore more exposed to the sun. Just my 2 cents....  peace
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2007, 06:22:38 AM »

Anyone know the story behind the sheild/badge/embelm tattoo on Axls's left arm? You know, the yellow/red one? I do......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2007, 08:20:59 AM »

About the woman tattoo I've have found something on this page...here compare the tattoo with Angela Nicoletti, ex Izzy's girlfriend..but I don't know if it's true...this looks like just a gossip page and I don't think it's well-founded...
http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/relationships.htm

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2007, 08:22:53 AM »

A classic example of someone not asking the right questions.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »

doubt it, Angela tends to be abit of an attentionseeker and she likes to talk about GN'R alot and has never mentioned any of it.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 11:17:43 AM »

Man! I left the board for 5 minutes.......and see what happens!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
greendog
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 04:21:31 AM »

i am planning on having the AFD cross where axl has his

imitations aint cool. do something original. if you get a guns tattoo, thats cool, but i dont think copying members of anyband is a good idea.

it gives the impression to people that 'oh, he wants to be axl rose' blah blah. just my advice, i have two tats... so im not just talking shit about people with tattoos.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 04:24:52 AM »

People have different tastes though, about what's cool and what's not but I agree.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
greendog
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2007, 04:37:52 AM »

People have different tastes though, about what's cool and what's not but I agree.

Oh yeah, i know people have different tastes, but i just dont understand why anyone would want something on them for life which isnt unique... in doing that, hes just imitated Axl. But not just axl. All the other fans who have done the same. Same with the Contraband chick, (if its where I think it is) hes imitated Slash and all the fans that have done that also, so it just keeps going up.

Again, im not trying to be a bitch, I apreciate all art and do think it looks cool, hell... they are very nice designs. But I just couldnt cope knowing if done something out of choice that isnt unique.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »

If you watch the ROck at Rio 3, you can clearly tell that the cross tattoo has been blacked out. I initially thought he had it covered with other tat ink, but later in 2006 saw that in fact it's still there. I'm of the theory that he probably did take a magic marker to it as a statement to show that the old guys are no longer a part of the band or his life. But if you watch that show, and subsequent 2002 shows, you'll see it's been covered up. This isn't the case of a tattoo that got old and started deteriorating, and then had it touched up. It wouldn't have been possible by the amount of black that covered it up.

illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2007, 09:17:22 AM »

This is how rumors get started - not only that, but you are already passing judgement without knowing if it is true

"how fucked is that? you'd think if he wanted to forget the old band, that he'd also reject the old material."

If you even botherd to look at any pictures taken in 2006 you can clearly see that it's not the case. 

i think he got his appetite cross tattoo completely blacked out. how fucked is that? you'd think if he wanted to forget the old band, that he'd also reject the old material.

confused

Wake up. . . .time to die
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »

Anyone know the story behind the sheild/badge/embelm tattoo on Axls's left arm? You know, the yellow/red one? I do......

I just posted about this in the Axl Pictures thread.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: