Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Out of Patience, Give Us Chinese Democracy! Antimusic.com  (Read 76257 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »

I have never been speaking negatively about GNR. I've been way too soft on how things have been handled. Just because I'm a follower and a supporter doesn't mean I can't speak up when there's something going on that I don't like. There are several things about GNR that I do not agree, for example how on earth that album still isn't out.

But it seems to me that a good fan is a positive fan at all costs on this board. It's a highly interesting approach, at best. Whiners and constant complains is one thing and they should be dealt with, but I will not sit back and be positive or happy with everything GNR does. I buy GNR records, tickets and merchendise and I am therefore qualified to disagree or voice my opinion when there's stuff going on that I don't like. My money is in this project. The idea about a forum only with positivity is not a forum I can support. A forum that does not accept discussion (note discussion!) about a big article in Classic Rock is also not a forum I can support. Unfortenately. A forum that runs with moderators that's using a downright degrading choice of words towards members is not acceptable either. Their posts should be dealt with but not in that way, no matter how frustrating it can be to read the same shit over and over again. I see it here way to often and I truly do not like this attitude and it doesn't make this forum gain more members at all.

That is MY opinion.

And if I can't discuss the article in Classic Rock and voice an opinion about it I'm sure Jarmo or any other rational person over the age of 18 can, then I'll do as Axl told us concerning GNR, "take a break". It's simply gone a bit too far here. The forum is run on ideals that isn't natural. I can go along with that, but not the arrogance and degrading tone the moderators use here. Smiley As Jarmo repeats in every other posts, we can go other places to discuss it. That's what I wanna do. Leave. Case closed. No problems Smiley

As far as I am aware, alot of the work for CD took place in the last few years, post the Zutaut era. That makes the Classic Rock article nothing more than tabloid blood for the gossip vampires.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:16:20 PM by Mysteron » Logged
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »

As far as I am aware, alot of the work for CD took place in the last few years, post the Zutaut era. That makes the Classic Rock article nothing more than tabloid blood for the gossip vampires.

Zutaut doesn't make any comments regarding work that took place in the last few years. He only comments on what he experienced first-hand.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2008, 06:22:14 PM »

He only comments on what he experienced first-hand.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1332

You didn't exactly prove Mysteron to be wrong on any accounts.....

If sensationalist garbage is your thing, you're better of posting somewhere else.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:31:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2008, 06:33:32 PM »

I've always been a huge critic of Any supposed "Insider"

Personally, I dont believe anything Mysteron or anyone else says.

No disrespect to them, but Im still waiting on that street team. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »

Nice letter, I remember it. I'm glad you posted it, and still puzzled why you ban any comments from the same individual three years later.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #325 on: February 03, 2008, 06:35:15 PM »

No disrespect to them, but Im still waiting on that street team. ok

I'm waiting for your "big guns".  ok

Tongue

Nice letter, I remember it. I'm glad you posted it, and still puzzled why you ban any comments from the same individual three years later.

Refresh and re-read.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: February 03, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »

Refresh and re-read.

/jarmo

When he writes something you like, it's the gospel truth and goes in the news section. When the same person writes something you don't like, it's "sensationalist garbage" and banned from discussion. Gotcha.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:49:25 PM by Janabis » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #327 on: February 03, 2008, 06:56:10 PM »

When he writes something you like, it's the gospel truth and goes in the news section. When the same person writes something you don't like, it's "sensationalist garbage." Gotcha.

Exactly!

It's no use to try to explain what sensationalism and gossip are to someone who bases his "honest opinion" on them.  Roll Eyes

I thought you were gonna stop the discussion. Why don't you keep your promise?  Huh

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:59:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #328 on: February 03, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »

When he writes something you like, it's the gospel truth and goes in the news section. When the same person writes something you don't like, it's "sensationalist garbage." Gotcha.

Exactly!

It's no use to try to explain what sensationalism and gossip are to someone who bases his "honest opinion" on them.  Roll Eyes

I thought you were gonna stop the discussion. Why don't you keep your promise?  Huh

/jarmo

Well  I'm just glad you're here to sort things out, since you apparently know more about working in the studio with Axl than his producers do.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #329 on: February 03, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »

Well  I'm just glad you're here to sort things out, since you apparently know more about working in the studio with Axl than his producers do.

Aren't you funny? I never said I was.

It's funny how people like you like to use the "you think you know more" excuse every time I challenge you even a tiny bit.  hihi

FACT: You can't tell the story of any era of the CD process without including Axl, the band or the engineers who worked on it.

You can use anonymous sources and hearsay, but it won't be "the true story about CD". It'll just be gossip and in most cases sensationalist garbage. Which is what sells copies of newspapers/magazines.

This is nothing new when it comes to GN'R. There's even a few comments about it on the Use Your Illusion albums.

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2008, 09:45:08 PM »

I have a question for you Jarmo. It's not about how the site is run or anything like that and it has to do with the actual point of this thread in the first place. I know alot of people accuse you of all sorts of stuff (as you mentioned before) so please don't take this question as me thinking you know something we don't or what not.

I am curious though as to your personal thoughts on a release date. From your personal guess only, would you think we might see this album released this year?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

From your personal guess only, would you think we might see this album released this year?

Of course.

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2008, 09:56:11 PM »

From your personal guess only, would you think we might see this album released this year?

Of course.

/jarmo

Ok cool. I meant to ask you that sometime around the time this thread got started, then obviously things got all sorts of crazy in here.

I honestly hope you're right. Not from a "GNR owes me something" standpoint, but just from a "fan that really wants more music from them" standpoint. And honestly, I sincerely hope it's extremely successful when it does happen for so many reasons.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2008, 10:29:04 PM »

Touche Jarmo hihi hihi hihi

I got em, Im just very slow at recording them. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »

i have to agree with that. also, same can be said of jarmo's treatment of merck. when merck was with the camp, jarmo always relied on him for things. now he's out and jarmo throws him under a bus...nice guy!

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »

i have to agree with that. also, same can be said of jarmo's treatment of merck. when merck was with the camp, jarmo always relied on him for things. now he's out and jarmo throws him under a bus...nice guy!

I count to 10 from now to see ya go

4 seconds left...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2008, 12:12:37 AM »

BTW, what's the name of this article? Out of Patience, give us Chinese Democracy. Are you going to tell the Talking Metal and Antimusic people to stop waiting and stop complaining in their articles about wanting to hear CD? Or bitch about their speculation?

The guy who wrote the article actually presents ideas to possible get the album out instead of the usual "Axl, give us a release date and put out the album".

That's constructive!

/jarmo

Hell, I don't just say release the album. And I've seen plenty of people suggest ideas for releasing the album and they get pounced for it.

How's this:

They release an internet single to create buzz and start a contest for fans to direct their own video for the single, as some really talented GNR fans already do. The record company seizes this as a way to promote the album and puts the single on the radio, and works a deal with MySpace, VH1 and Youtube and the winners video is placed on VH1 and the official GNR site along with the announcement of the official release date of Chinese Democracy.

I'm trying to be Constructive!

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2008, 03:47:32 AM »

Getting away from Bitchfest '08 for a moment...

With regards to the whole "ransom" thing, people could easily order 100 copies, and when it comes out, refund 99 of them. Kind of puts a spanner in the whole system doesn't it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2008, 09:43:39 AM »

Maybe you should start checking the BUY PRODUCT section of our board...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

How's this:

They release an internet single to create buzz and start a contest for fans to direct their own video for the single, as some really talented GNR fans already do. The record company seizes this as a way to promote the album and puts the single on the radio, and works a deal with MySpace, VH1 and Youtube and the winners video is placed on VH1 and the official GNR site along with the announcement of the official release date of Chinese Democracy.

Using hell limited materials they got from the net? such as  old clips and audience recordings?
Wouldn't it be better if the contest is for good ideas for the video? each contestant gives their idea in outline,  in the form of a text of several sentences, a rough continuity or a video draft, to be judged by The band.
and then professionals put the best idea to practice.

Somewhat I can't see GNR inviting public participation in the very first video but maybe in the 3rd one or the 4th, while after the album is released, for the fun of it. who knows.

I'm trying to be Constructive!

jolly good. keep it up! ok
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: