Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 12:27:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Gilby, Jason Newsted, and Tommy Lee for new band!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gilby, Jason Newsted, and Tommy Lee for new band!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 45010 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »

Man, Matt made a poor song choice singing Duran Duran, I thought the guy to go was Chris, he was shit.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »

that italian girl had the best voice so far i think, she was amazing!

Chinese Democracy!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2006, 02:27:55 AM »

i thought patrice was the best

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2006, 03:00:59 AM »

that italian girl had the best voice so far i think, she was amazing!

Yeah, she was awesome, she's definitely "a stick of dynamite" like Jason said.

I dunno, but most of the guys come off as sounding whiny with their singing, in their attempts to sound original. The way they drag out certain notes makes them sound worse than if they were to sing the songs more straight-forward. I mean come on, it's a dirty rock band, not American Idol!

The girls just go nuts on stage, while the guys haven't impressed me all that much.
I want a badass to front this band (girl or guy), not some whiny college-student type.

And that Chris guy is just shit. The fact that he thinks he's really really good, makes me dislike him even more. I really hope he doesn't get chosen to front the band.

Oh well, that's enough from me for now! hehe
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:03:40 AM by metallex78 » Logged

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2006, 07:50:28 AM »

i liked ryan star... the goo goo dolls version he was singing in the very first episode, in the ending, was really good, he was just singin' it for the first time, alone, and it showcased a lot of potencial, he created a lot of hamornies that weren't in the original and he sounded even better then the original version, but when he played it with the band it was not as impressive... still i think he problably can do better, just like he did the first time he played it... it showed potencial, to bad he had trouble delievering it... but it's gotta be nerve racking to be there for the first time, so i'm still a believer...

Chinese Democracy!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »

The guy that sang Roxanne was shit. "One of the best singers in the world" he said to describe himself. I don't think so buddy... hihi

The Billy Idol guy was pretty ordinary too, but has enough confidence in himself and stage-presence to make up for his shitty singing.

Like I said, the girls are better than the guys so far.
I'm hoping the Aussie guy gets through, simply because he's an Aussie, but I reckon one of the girls will win.

no offence to females. but if a girl wins, its not the rock band im looking for.

i just dont dig girls doing vocals in hard rock or metal doesnt sound right.

html sucks
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2006, 11:11:18 AM »

The guy that sang Roxanne was shit. "One of the best singers in the world" he said to describe himself. I don't think so buddy... hihi

The Billy Idol guy was pretty ordinary too, but has enough confidence in himself and stage-presence to make up for his shitty singing.

Like I said, the girls are better than the guys so far.
I'm hoping the Aussie guy gets through, simply because he's an Aussie, but I reckon one of the girls will win.

i used to think the same but I'm really digging Evanescence and Lacuna Coil right now.

no offence to females. but if a girl wins, its not the rock band im looking for.

i just dont dig girls doing vocals in hard rock or metal doesnt sound right.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »

how do they get kicked out? do jason, gilby and tommy vote them out or is it audience?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »

how do they get kicked out? do jason, gilby and tommy vote them out or is it audience?

jason gilby and tommy vote off after the fans vote...the 3 with the least amout of fan votes get judged by the band

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2006, 06:48:54 PM »

jason gilby and tommy vote off after the fans vote...the 3 with the least amout of fan votes get judged by the band

ah.. cool..

so its not like they can get stuck with a singer they really dont want? thats good

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »

hahahhahaa... Gilby Clarke is the fuckin' man!!!@!@!

on tonight's episode:

Zahyra (or whatever her name is) actually just ripped on the band members of Supernova...

Gilby Clarke after she sang a punk interpretation of Van Halen's "You Really Got Me" questioned her: "I don't think you have any clue of what we're looking for in a singer. I mean... have you ever heard one of our records?"

She responds: "I've heard of your bands... But I was still in diapers when your records came out."

ahahhahahaha... she expects to get into this band after ripping on the band like that!!??? jason, gilby & tommy were noticably hurt by what she said and looked ticked. hahahhaa
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2006, 01:29:42 AM »

hahahhahaa... Gilby Clarke is the fuckin' man!!!@!@!

on tonight's episode:

Zahyra (or whatever her name is) actually just ripped on the band members of Supernova...

Gilby Clarke after she sang a punk interpretation of Van Halen's "You Really Got Me" questioned her: "I don't think you have any clue of what we're looking for in a singer. I mean... have you ever heard one of our records?"

She responds: "I've heard of your bands... But I was still in diapers when your records came out."

ahahhahahaha... she expects to get into this band after ripping on the band like that!!??? jason, gilby & tommy were noticably hurt by what she said and looked ticked. hahahhaa

She's shit anyway, and it's noticeable that she can't hit certain notes when she's singing. Her Bjork style of "can't-sing-for-shit-so-I'll-just-yell-instead" doesn't suit the band at all.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2006, 04:25:39 AM »

I watched Rock Star last year, and though I think INXS are all a bunch of pricks and Tommy Lee and Gilby kick major ass, the contestants suck in comparison to last year's show. There were a lot of very talented singers on last year's show (J.D., Marty, Ty, Jordis, Mig, Suzie). This year, nobody really stands out. It's hard to believe that these are the best people they could find. A few of this year's contestants are alright (my favorite is the possessed looking chick with the voice of a seventy-year-old man who's smoked way too much), but the majority aren't very good. Right now, I can't see any of them doing justice to such great musicians as Gilby and Tommy and Jason.

Here Today . . .
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2006, 06:57:10 AM »

Tonights show is a bit of a mixed bag so far, I thought the chick that sang the Hole song absolutely nailed it, but then they ripped on her for screaming the song instead of singing it. She can definitely sing from her performance of that Janis Joplin song, so maybe she was trying to show another side?

It confuses me a bit to what Supernova are looking for...

Oh, and that Chris guy is still shit. ok

Eric
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2006, 08:13:56 AM »

I missed last weeks episode where Matt got kicked off-what Duran Duran song did he sing? I'm shocked, thought he had a great voice in 1st episode-it's funny-I find myself opposite of what Gilby, Tommy, and Jason seem to be liking
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2006, 10:03:21 AM »

regardless of what you guys might think...

the ONLY way that Supernova will be successful is if they find a popularly appealing lead singer from this show... even though its technically a "rock star" show... it'll work the same way as American Idol.  Without the right looks and right swagger... this band will go nowhere.

Dilana is my favorite but if the band pick her, they'll go straight into the ground... I'd say same with Patrice Pike and other singers that do look more hardcore.

Storm Large or that guy who sang "Knockin on Heavens Door" first week will win.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2006, 07:44:17 PM »

the guy from knocking will win. the australian, he sang a song from the killers yesterday and he nailed it, he was brilliant, stage presence, everything.

the only one that got nothing but compliments. except for that girl they loved last week, but she wasn't half as interesting i think.

Chinese Democracy!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2006, 08:12:15 PM »

I missed last weeks episode where Matt got kicked off-what Duran Duran song did he sing? I'm shocked, thought he had a great voice in 1st episode-it's funny-I find myself opposite of what Gilby, Tommy, and Jason seem to be liking

He sang Planet Earth, sounded pretty cool too.
Shame he went, because he was better than half of the other male singers in the comp.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2006, 08:57:35 AM »

top 5

Lukas, Toby, Patrice, Dilana and Storm ...... the rest can fuckoff ok

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2006, 09:39:08 AM »

i hate lukas, he's a poser, looks like the singer from the rasmus. he can't be trusted and seems to be an ass hole. and he doesn't sound good at all, he ruined rebell yell. i hope he loses.

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: