Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:53:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1575901 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6540 on: June 02, 2017, 03:22:34 PM »

I'm actually kind of worried Axl might have writer's block. Think about it, 90% of ChiDem was written prior to 2002, including most of the unreleased stuff AFAIK.

He might well be.  That's not a bad point.

Different genre, obviously, but Eminem went through that for a couple of years.  He was very honest about it.  Said he just couldn't come up with anything for awhile there.

I believe it was at Axl's China Exchange appearance he mentioned he is in a better headspace now, compared to a couple years ago. At the time of the interview, he seemed eager to write new material.

I don't know if that means he couldn't come up with anything a couple of years ago, but rather the lyrical content of the songs comes out vastly different today.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6541 on: June 02, 2017, 03:30:31 PM »

Could also be that Axl is simply uninspired when it comes to prospect of new music.  Consider that he's had the privilege of being able to listen to whatever else is "in the can" since fucking 2002.  Maybe at one point he was fired up about it, but after the long awaited release of Chinese/the first album he just wasn't feeling it or that style anymore on top of being burned out by the label.  If he was stoked about whatever else he has recorded, you'd have to think he'd want to share it with the world.  You don't sit on it for a fucking decade just because. That's just utterly goofy. He has yet to debut 1 new song on any level, live or otherwise, since Chi Dem.  What does that mean?  Could mean he's a tad nervous folks might expect an album to follow when he has no real intentions of doing so.  Hard to interpret it any other way if he really does have as much as people say recorded.

Does Axl releasing that album hinge on Slash adding guitar work to it?  Hard to say.  I'd like to think so, but even that seems unlikely at this juncture.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:45:41 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6542 on: June 02, 2017, 03:34:49 PM »

Big thanks to Syk over at mygnr for finding this:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5965479-episode-31-richard-fortus-guns-n-roses

Interview with Richard where the subject of new music is brought up (1:03:00).

- They haven't tracked down any songs yet in the studio.

- They have recorded ideas.

- Personally he feels it's too good not to happen.

- He is certain there will be new music.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6543 on: June 02, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »

I'm glad he feels optimistic but I feel like literally every member of NuGNR has said some variation of this comment regarding the next album over the last 9 years. Only one problem there, and it does a mean snake dance.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6544 on: June 02, 2017, 03:43:12 PM »

I'm glad he feels optimistic but I feel like literally every member of NuGNR has said some variation of this comment regarding the next album over the last 9 years. Only one problem there, and it does a mean snake dance.

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to Axl.

Though, I have a feeling he will take a different stance than before, in regards to new music written by the band ? when Duff and Slash are among the band members.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6545 on: June 02, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »

A little more from the interview:

What ambitions do you still have left?

I'd like to do an album with this band. I have not written or played on an album that is legendary, you know, in my opinion. You know, I haven't done an "Appetite-record"... you know. I hope to do that someday, that'll be amazing.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6546 on: June 02, 2017, 09:27:58 PM »

He has been saying this about every version of this band for years
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6547 on: June 02, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »

What part? The first or the last?

He seems honest about this band not having recorded any songs yet. Isn't it good to get an update?

Maybe not the answer we hoped for, but to me it seems positive. With Slash and Duff in the band, I think that changes the game a bit. Axl might feel more compelled if stronger material is being created.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:09:48 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6548 on: June 03, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »

TBH I think that Axl would want to release something when the issue of being paid for his craft is resolved. The Bestbuy gig has burnt him badly, yes he got an assured sum, but the rest was meh!

Should something workable turn up, I'd image they would record an album, look to tour behind it and drop a few songs from the NITL set. But as things stand, they are touring to sold out stadiums, what HAS TO change? At this point I''d say fans expectations  Undecided
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6549 on: June 03, 2017, 02:32:59 AM »

What part? The first or the last?

He seems honest about this band not having recorded any songs yet. Isn't it good to get an update?

Maybe not the answer we hoped for, but to me it seems positive. With Slash and Duff in the band, I think that changes the game a bit. Axl might feel more compelled if stronger material is being created.

I agree, the dynamic has changed. I almost think that the writing was on the wall as early as 2013 that the ChiDem era was winding down and there were never any intentions to release more from that lineup. And as many have said, hell froze over when Slash and Axl patched it up; ANYTHING can happen at this point. A Not in this Lifetime album would be the ultimate "fuck you" to all the doubters and prove that GNR is timeless. Not to mention, I know Slash will encourage Axl to put something together. He was doing an album every two years with SMKC, he doesn't like to sit on his hands. And as Axl said, I believe in that China Exchange interview, one of the reasons they split was that Slash didn't want to spend tons of time working on material, whereas now he has a hell of a work ethic. But to expect it any time before the tour is over, is just a fantasy. And then I think it hinges on what Angus wants to do regarding touring or an album because Axl respects him very much and is honored to be working with him at all. I think we may end up with Axl doing that and Slash back with Myles before any album work gets started, so it could be some time in reality. At least in the meantime, they could all work on their respective ideas while apart.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #6550 on: June 03, 2017, 02:51:08 AM »

I agree, the dynamic has changed. I almost think that the writing was on the wall as early as 2013 that the ChiDem era was winding down and there were never any intentions to release more from that lineup.
that is correct. when DJ Ashba joined, it sort of looked like this might finally be a creative lineup, and DJ himself seemed eager to jump in and start recording right away. but instead, he just became a part of a touring band, so he got uninspired quickly. similarly, BBF was frustrated for years. hard to say what Tommy and Richard thought - they seemed to love playing with the band, no matter what, and Tommy vented his ambitions in sideprojects.

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6551 on: June 03, 2017, 09:49:16 AM »

It blows my mind that anyone can't just look at the facts and come to the obvious conclusion that Axl doesn't want to make an album. Who has said they do want to make an album? Fortus? Ashba? BBF? Basically every musician he's worked with since Chinese?

How many songs are ready for the new album? None?

How many Chinese Leftovers have we heard? None?

Add these elements up in your head, find the answer - hint: it has a 22 foot tall flashing beacon and siren over it and is presided over by Captain Obvious - and get over it.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6552 on: June 03, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »

It blows my mind that anyone can't just look at the facts and come to the obvious conclusion that Axl doesn't want to make an album. Who has said they do want to make an album? Fortus? Ashba? BBF? Basically every musician he's worked with since Chinese?

You forgot Axl. Axl has said he wants to make new music. Last year he said that.

Sweetness is a virtue
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6553 on: June 03, 2017, 08:16:04 PM »

Dont know why people are so pesimistic about a new album? Im sure everything Richard has said about new music is true. There probably is music almost ready for release, but i belive things was put on hold after the reunion stuff started happening. If these guys have the inspiration to make music together, rerecording Songs with Slash and Duff, Working on old material, or whatever they want, Im sure this process has already began. I imagine its also much more easy for Axl to release stuff with Slash and Duff then when he had the GnR name on his shoulders all by himself (as the only original member). Things will be totaly different this time around. I belive we will see an new album in a tear or two.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6554 on: June 03, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »

Dont know why people are so pesimistic about a new album? Im sure everything Richard has said about new music is true. There probably is music almost ready for release, but i belive things was put on hold after the reunion stuff started happening. If these guys have the inspiration to make music together, rerecording Songs with Slash and Duff, Working on old material, or whatever they want, Im sure this process has already began. I imagine its also much more easy for Axl to release stuff with Slash and Duff then when he had the GnR name on his shoulders all by himself (as the only original member). Things will be totaly different this time around. I belive we will see an new album in a tear or two.

ProbblubbecUas we had heard the same old interviews   From various different members of this band from the past 20 years and all we have from t is one album and one song released in 99 on a sound track

It's a brutal track record.  Hence all the negative thoughts
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #6555 on: June 03, 2017, 09:05:22 PM »

Just landed NYC tix in October - and nothing would be sweeter and smarter than for an album to drop late summer and the new North American dates designed to tour on the strength of such an album

A guy can dream...just sayin ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6556 on: June 03, 2017, 09:07:28 PM »

Just landed NYC tix in October - and nothing would be sweeter and smarter than for an album to drop late summer and the new North American dates designed to tour on the strength of such an album

Given that Richard revealed that nothing has been recorded yet. I don't expect anything written and recorded by the current band this year. If these North American arena dates are the final ones of the Not In This Lifetime tour, I hope they'll focus on studio time before embarking on a new tour supporting a new album.

Sweetness is a virtue
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6557 on: June 03, 2017, 11:50:48 PM »

I'd like to do an album with this band. I have not written or played on an album that is legendary, you know, in my opinion. You know, I haven't done an "Appetite-record"... you know. I hope to do that someday, that'll be amazing.

Is he saying that Chidem sucks ?   Shocked

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6558 on: June 04, 2017, 01:31:58 AM »

Given that Richard revealed that nothing has been recorded yet. I don't expect anything written and recorded by the current band this year. If these North American arena dates are the final ones of the Not In This Lifetime tour, I hope they'll focus on studio time before embarking on a new tour supporting a new album.

This band has been touring the same setlist for Alamo 10 years now

I would say if even if they take a break next year

They will come back

And tour the exact same setlist again
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6559 on: June 04, 2017, 05:13:15 AM »

Is he saying that Chidem sucks ?   Shocked

There is a space between "legendary" and "sucks".

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: