Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 11:54:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "I think Dr. Pepper owes me a free case of soda..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I think Dr. Pepper owes me a free case of soda..."  (Read 20712 times)
axl4ever
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 12:31:12 AM »

Who cares about Sebastian Bach. 
Actually, some people do!!
It's not about caring about Baz at this point.  It's about him speaking about GNR all the time and the press that has been up about him due to the VR drama.  Baz isn't going to be in VR and speak against Axl (which is the way it should be).  It's more about about that Baz as nothing to do with GNR except that he's Axl's friend at this point.
I don't think Baz has ever claimed to be a part of GNR, or anything more than Axl's friend.  If you people are so tired of Baz talking about GNR, then why do you bother reading and/or listening to what he has to say?  I really don't see what the harm is.

I for one never said he was apart of GNR.   He does talk alot and I said the press kept bringing him up trying to create drama between Axl and VR.  It's all about the media and others creating drama where there isn't any. 
I hear you, didn't mean to single you out.  I know a lot of people on here are complaining about Baz constantly talking about Axl.  I really fail to see why that's such a bad thing.  And as for the media, I've heard quite a few interviews with Baz where they don't even bring Axl up, HE does.  And even when he does, the interviewer could really care less. 

I hear your theory though, if VR were to hook up with Baz, I'm sure that would cause some tension.  I don't see that happening though, so I don't think we have to worry about it.  Leave that to the media.

I don't think it's Baz talking about Axl, it's the way he does.  And the minute things went sour with VR, Baz's name got thrown around though no one was putting it out there.  And I'm not saying that in a bad way, it's just that people & the media was trying to put a negative spin on things.  It's common knowledge that Baz tried out for VR and was rejected.  Than him and Axl reconnected and they're best friends.  At that point it's a good story to put out there that Baz was back in the running though neither VR or Baz even said anything.  It's all about drama and what will sell. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 01:05:28 AM »

Scott Weiland is the one who first said "i think Sebastian bach would be a good choice" or somethign like that...and Slash even said he took that as Scott insulting them.... because quite frankly as much as I enjoy Bachs music he is kind of lame...and him singing for VR would be even more lame...
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 03:55:07 AM »

I hope Baz does not join VR because I'd like to see him tour Angel Down material more.  That is an awesome album... I've enjoyed that a ton more than anything I've heard from VR. 

Rapture
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 04:24:54 AM »

the ironical thing in this history is:
if VR would have chosen BAZ the first time and not Scott.......Baz most likely wouldnt be that close friend with Axl like he is again since around the NYC'06 warm-up shows when Axl send him a SMS which was the first Axl/Baz contact for many years. and (from this Baz interview i assume Slash now somehow seems to have interest in Baz fronting VR) the first decision against Baz now pays off in being a big disadvantage for VR not getting the possibility to get BAZ (probably) ever.

Re-Union time, baby!!
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 04:31:27 AM »

surprised slash would be looking to bring him in after the initial rejection maybe he thinks it would piss axl off  Wink
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 06:15:32 AM »

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach says he isn't in any hurry to join rock supergroup Velvet Revolver.

In an interview with on the The Buckethead Show on American radio station Tampa 98 Rock yesterday (Tuesday, May 6), the singer said he would find it "really awkward" joining VR.

"I've talked to Slash recently and I think it'd be really awkward for me to join that band," said Bach. "Number one, my new record, Angel Down, I like it more than Velvet Revolver records. That's just being totally honest. I love Guns N' Roses' material, but I've got my own old songs - Skid Row - so for me, it would all depend on music. I wouldn't just join the band just to join the band."

However, Bach's not totally ruling out ever stepping into departed frontman Scott Weiland's shoes... Well, maybe not.

"If we came up with some incredible new songs, then maybe I'd think about it," he revealed. "But honestly, I'm very close friends with [Guns N' Roses frontman] Axl [Rose], and he sings three songs on my new record. Axl's been so nice to me - he's helped me out my whole career. In Skid Row he helped us out, and in my solo band he brought me around the world, and then sang three songs on my new CD, which is pretty mind-blowing.

"I don't know... It's a cut-throat business, but Axl's been so nice to me, I don't think I would feel comfortable just joining Velvet Revolver and singing his songs every night. So I don't think that's gonna happen."

The entire nine-minute chat is now available for streaming and download at this location.

http://buckethead.98rock.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=197523&article=3649852

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1326

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »

Baz said that because he is the man who inspires Axl to record an album, or even bother go on stage  peace

*edit* maybe the sarcasm in my post isn't too obvious, oh well  love

This signature is very funny.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »

Baz is solely responsible for Axl being alive.

Baz is solely responsible for the creation of the heavens and the earth.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »

^ then he wouldn't do all those stupid reality shows and such.

he doesn't strike me as 100% about the art... cuz let's face it... angel down isn't art.

Money can make you do a lot of things, can change your mind on things

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 12:11:38 PM »

Baz is turning into the GNR world's Chuck Norris

Im surprised Axl can get dressed and take a piss in the morning without Baz being there.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »

why the hostility toward baz?  He isn't allowed to speak his mind? or you don't have to read his threads?
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »

Baz is turning into the GNR world's Chuck Norris

Im surprised Axl can get dressed and take a piss in the morning without Baz being there.

I really, truthfully, firmly, 1,000% believe that [he gets the motivation to go on stage by watching me] comment was either 1. taken SO out of context by the interviewer from the way it was originally intended (wouldn't even be surprised if they just chopped different segments of what Baz said in order to create such sensationalism) that it practically was a product of the interviewer plainly "making shit up" or 2. could only be fully understood by being present in the room when the interview was done to examine the "psychology" of which Baz was using to express what he meant.  I refuse to believe that a seasoned professional- someone familiar enough with entertainment publicity and the like, would say such a thing in the way people prefer to believe.  Baz and Axl are good *friends.*  Why would Baz ever say such a thing and mean it with malicious intent?  There is no way and I think that if we keep preaching the contrary, it's sort of analagous with yelling out, "I am not intelligent!" each time a joke is made.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:20:41 PM by thereisnodanaonlyz » Logged

Rapture
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »

He wanted to join originally. He tried out, and didn't make it.

Not joining because of Angel Down is stupid.

Joining a band that rejected him the first time after all the help he got from Axl would be stupid.

/jarmo
QFE and i dig some of his songs

Here Today..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 04:38:25 PM »

ANGEL Down Tour... Very, very BEST, What Libertad TOUR...

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I dont think Baz would ever be malicious. Baz always seems a little............ slow may not be the proper word but he seems a little ok slow.

So sometimes, he talks so much about Axl, it kind of comes off that he is using axl to try and sell himself and his CD. After awhile its kind of like name dropping.

Axl sang on 3 songs, we get it. people dont care and arent buying your cd.

Also the VR thing. wonder if Axl would find it disloyal with all of his floundering. He didnt say No way in hell. He made all sorts of door opening excuses and possibilities that would allow him to join the band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »

Dont get me wrong, I dont think Baz would ever be malicious. Baz always seems a little............ slow may not be the proper word but he seems a little ok slow.

So sometimes, he talks so much about Axl, it kind of comes off that he is using axl to try and sell himself and his CD. After awhile its kind of like name dropping.

Also the VR thing. wonder if Axl would find it disloyal with all of his floundering. He didnt say No way in hell. He made all sorts of door opening excuses and possibilities that would allow him to join the band.

Seb is the consummate professional.

He does not burn bridges and he is Blairite in his opinions on issues and people that he comes into contact with.

Axl knows Seb well and will respect 100 per cent anything he says or does.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »

He does not burn bridges and he is Blairite in his opinions on issues and people that he comes into contact with.

Guess Axl's revised his opinion on Poison then, as has Seb apparently.

And there goes the challenger...
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 06:24:11 PM »

art is subjective. but those songs are no where near as good as Skid Row. Baz is smoking crack if he thinks that's the case.

Angel Down is one of the best albums of 2007 along with Ozzy's Black Rain and Megadeth's United Abominations.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

And hopefully that respect is, and continues to be, mutual.  At this point, these guys  *have* to know how the media can twist words and intentions, and have found a way rise above it, preserving both their professional relationship and long-standing friendship. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »

Again, it seems that people on this board are getting pissed at Baz for "dropping" Axl's name to benefit himself.  No doubt, I'm sure that's part of his plan.  But I think he's also very proud of "Angel Down" and Axl is a part of that, thus he mentions it.  For all those people who are sick and tired of hearing about it, it's simple.  Stop reading/listening to interviews with Baz.  Was that so hard?  You may find it hard to believe that people outside of the GNR community may not be aware that Baz hooked up with Axl for 3 songs recently.  Just because you've heard this story countless times, doesn't mean the listeners of a rock station in Tampa are tuned into everything Baz/GNR related.  The world just doesn't revolve around such things, so get used to it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: