Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 428430 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #700 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »

Why do u assume it's slash's fault? It very well might be... But what if it's axles people trying to screw him out of royalties ..I mean you how would any of us know?

It sucks that this seems like a real long shot

Like I said earlier there is always something...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #701 on: March 11, 2014, 10:05:29 PM »

You can't win over everybody. It's better to not focus on those people who spend their time whining and moaning on the Internet.

I saw a funny picture yesterday:

"The dudes who insult you online"

Lighten up, Francis.

It's all in good fun, brother.  We're talking about a freakin' rock band here.  We're not solving the world's problems.

You have to have a sense of humor following these guys.  It keeps you sane.  Let levity into your life.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #702 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »

Why did they wait till right before the release ... Shouldn't they have cleared all this shit from the beginning...that I don't get at all

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #703 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »

rockfuel's Photorockfuel
Today, 09:52 PM
we cannot comment, except the matter is being resolved with reps of original members.. more to come.

From mygnr

I just saw this. If this is true this is some bullshit. Why can't they let go. They are all doing they're own thing. Move on. Slash even released a live cd with him playing some GNR songs ..... I mean who cares. I don't know the facts but if the original members are holding this up, that's petty to me....... Sorry for the rant.

I believe there are different rights with regard to licensing when  using the songs in the form of a video release.  I believe Slash had a problem releasing the DVD version of that show from the live album in the states didn't he?

I am assuming the past members want a cut of the publishing for the DVD because it contains songs that they wrote.  I mean what else could they possibly have to bitch about at this point?

Either way hopefully whomever needs to get paid their royalties or whatever it is they are entitled to at this point get paid so we can all enjoy this release.  
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #704 on: March 11, 2014, 10:41:05 PM »

It's none of our concern. That's what management is for. They'll sort it out. :thumbsup:
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #705 on: March 12, 2014, 02:20:08 AM »

I am assuming the past members want a cut of the publishing for the DVD because it contains songs that they wrote.  I mean what else could they possibly have to bitch about at this point?

i'm also not sure. but all around this DVD release is heavily promoted by AFD 1987 album: all the tour promotion, the show itself, the cover artwork basically IS Appetite, the promotional video contained mainly AFD songs (and only songs until 1991!!)......that all does make it some unfair marketing business issue and might rightfully make people, who were responsible for those older albums, interests in publishing cuts.

Re-Union time, baby!!
donaltduck313
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #706 on: March 12, 2014, 07:16:55 AM »

hi does someone here blame old band for this that dvd/blueray/movie is postponed or cancelled?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #707 on: March 12, 2014, 07:43:12 AM »

The irony here is seriously incredible.  Since you felt the need to call me out, for no reason, here's a little something for you..

I called you out as an example of a person who comes here to post and then goes somewhere else to say other things and joke with his "cool buddies" about what was said.
I don't care what you think of me or this site. But don't act like a poor victim when you've been "exposed". I'm sorry if I can't take you seriously after seeing that kind of behavior.

Feel proud of yourself when you're snapping photos of DJ Ashba.  You've sure earned it.  Roll Eyes

Thanks. I am.  Smiley

For people who like to run around the Internet making jokes about this site and me, you sure don't like being the butt (no pun intended) of a joke yourselves.

Edited to add: Anybody who didn't get the joke about the picture: It's easy to pay too much attention to what people post on the Internet. In reality often you don't know who the person posting is, you have no idea who the person insulting you is. When you realize that the person insulting you might be some kid in high school, then their insults suddenly seem less valid don't you think?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:43:59 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #708 on: March 12, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »

Gee not been here for years and nothing changes, you guys hate Jarmo so much but you still come here to post, that amazes me.

Shame this got cancelled, but we dont know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe one day it will see the light of day who knows

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #709 on: March 12, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »

i just want to know why nobody is jumping down traci and Ole's throats since rockfuel said its an issue dealing with reps of the "original" members ?

Grin

unfortunately, the history of the band called GNR leads to issues like this I guess... you would just think that this rockfuel company and whoever is responsible on the bands end would have ironed this out much earlier down the road

on my gnr they say Axl blocked an earlier Slash dvd... but I dont know how anybody would know thats true...what a clusterfuck

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
DizzyReedsexmachine
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #710 on: March 12, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »

ahhahahah pathetic cover band .
Jarmo is Dj Ashba boyfriend
 hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #711 on: March 12, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »

i'm also not sure. but all around this DVD release is heavily promoted by AFD 1987 album: all the tour promotion, the show itself, the cover artwork basically IS Appetite, the promotional video contained mainly AFD songs (and only songs until 1991!!)......that all does make it some unfair marketing business issue and might rightfully make people, who were responsible for those older albums, interests in publishing cuts.

And this was realized yesterday?

Look, I know damn well that people want to believe its that big bad Slash is torpedoing this thing for shits and giggles.  We don't dare speculate Team Brazil dropped the ball, and damn sure don't lay any of this on Axl.  That's unfair speculation.  Speculation about Slash as the villain?  No worries there.  And let's face it, he's probably the bad guy.  We all know it.

That seems to be the mindset.

To get the narrative proven some so desperately want to believe, here is what you need to start rooting for.  For it to come out that Team Brazil had all their ducks in a row and everything agreed upon, only to have that supervillain Slash come in with new demands at the 11th hour.  That should be your focus, if your goal is to absolve TB or Axl for any of this clusterfuck of a situation.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2014, 09:27:55 AM »

hihi

Jealousy...

Now run and tell everyone how mean I was for banning you.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #713 on: March 12, 2014, 09:28:26 AM »

Gee not been here for years and nothing changes, you guys hate Jarmo so much but you still come here to post, that amazes me.

Think of it like seeing how the other half lives.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #714 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »

hihi

Jealousy...

Yeah, that's not productive.  You can't really get too pissed if you are tossed after that sort of post.  Might as well have just typed "BAN ME".

volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #715 on: March 12, 2014, 09:31:17 AM »

I just tweeted Slash to get over himself and stop blocking shit for GNR fans. He should apologize to GNR fans and GNR on live tv.

If it wasn't for that greedy, self centered piece of shit I believe we would have 2 bluray's by now (O2 and Vegas) and a new album in 2010.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #716 on: March 12, 2014, 09:33:49 AM »

I just tweeted Slash to get over himself and stop blocking shit for GNR fans. He should apologize to GNR fans and GNR on live tv.

If it wasn't for that greedy, self centered piece of shit I believe we would have 2 bluray's by now (O2 and Vegas) and a new album in 2010.

Fighting the good fight.  Big ups.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #717 on: March 12, 2014, 09:46:15 AM »

So you know for a fact Slash blocked the release?
IF Slash did block it, it must be his legal right to do so. Otherwise GN'R wouldn't have cancelled it.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #718 on: March 12, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »

shit like this should be banned too

come back to planet earth please

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #719 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:34 AM »

hihi

Jealousy...

/jarmo

hahaha ... no offense Jarmo,  but Dj's wife is prettier than you!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: