Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:20:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Petition/Appeal To Axl : Play Slither On The Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petition/Appeal To Axl : Play Slither On The Tour  (Read 57625 times)
Annie
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 10:18:09 AM »

Would you be happy if Duff sings it? Just curious.
NO!!!!! rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 10:21:02 AM »

They're already playing Coma. Isn't that enough?
I mean, were we expecting that one?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 10:22:28 AM »

Slither is a good VR song, I think GNR should just sing GNR songs

Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2016, 10:27:31 AM »

If they came out on stage and played "Slither," I'd cheer. If they never touch a VR song on stage, I'll cheer. If they play Don't Damn Me, I'll cheer. If you're sensing a pattern here, it's because Guns N' Roses is touring. Full stop. 'Nuff said. I'm happy.  beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2016, 10:27:48 AM »

/jarmo

I lost my shit.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »

I think most of us were genuinely surprised they pulled that one out of the hat at these first shows already!  Cheesy

I don't want to demand songs from GN'R, but a part of me wishes for even more stuff from UYI. I won't be ungrateful if they don't play any "new" songs though, the setlist right now is pretty nice, dare I say one of the best ones yet.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 11:01:16 AM »

It would be a nice gesture.

Agree, it would be a nice gesture and yes of course it's not a GNR be AXL covers many songs. It would be nice

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 11:02:08 AM »

I don't see it happening (and frankly I think Fall to Pieces or Anastasia would be a better song live)... But the CD era lineup performed Motivation from Tommy's Village Gorilla Head so it's not out of the norm for them to play a band members solo song... the oddity in this case would be Axl singing it.

However... We have Coma and Double Talking Jive with other songs in the mix... anybody's solo stuff is really the last thing I'm looking for (unless it winds up as a Jam or Guitar Solo like Anastasia)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:07:14 AM by C0ma » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »

Agreed.  Truly awesome.

Always high on both alltime favorite songs list and performance requests lists.

But was it likely?  I sure didn't think so.  But they did it and crushed it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 11:21:43 AM »

I don't see it happening (and frankly I think Fall to Pieces or Anastasia would be a better song live)... But the CD era lineup performed Motivation from Tommy's Village Gorilla Head so it's not out of the norm for them to play a band members solo song... the oddity in this case would be Axl singing it.

I was thinking the same thing.... sort of surprised by all of the comments basically saying "Hell no, I only want to hear GN'R songs at a GN'R concert"... have you seen how many covers they play?  It never bothered me when Tommy would play Motivation either.

I'm not really itching to hear them play Slither & I think the current songs on the setlist are more than enough for an awesome show - but the reasoning of "only GN'R at a GN'R show" is ridiculous.

It's a band - playing a live concert - if they want to mix it up, isn't that part of the fun?  Even better if they mix in a song written by a couple of the band members.  I don't know many people that complained when VR would mix in STP / GN'R songs in concert.
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »

No way. The reason Slash is playing TIL, CD and Better is because they are GnR songs. Slither isn't GnR. I'd prefer Locomotive or Pretty Tied Up if I'm honest.
Annie
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2016, 11:32:35 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.... sort of surprised by all of the comments basically saying "Hell no, I only want to hear GN'R songs at a GN'R concert"... have you seen how many covers they play?  It never bothered me when Tommy would play Motivation either.

I'm not really itching to hear them play Slither & I think the current songs on the setlist are more than enough for an awesome show - but the reasoning of "only GN'R at a GN'R show" is ridiculous.

It's a band - playing a live concert - if they want to mix it up, isn't that part of the fun?  Even better if they mix in a song written by a couple of the band members.  I don't know many people that complained when VR would mix in STP / GN'R songs in concert.
Too much bad blood between Axl and Scott for Axl to cover one of his songs. it's best to LET IT GO when it comes to combining GNR and Velvet Revolver.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2016, 11:42:10 AM »

No way. The reason Slash is playing TIL, CD and Better is because they are GnR songs. Slither isn't GnR. I'd prefer Locomotive or Pretty Tied Up if I'm honest.

So consider Slither a cover song.  Replace one of the cover songs guns already does with it, there is a few.

Or consider it to when Tommy would do one of his personal songs, which are not guns songs either.

Quite frankly I am happy to hear guns play anything.   Especially to hear them play odd ball or rare stuff.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »

Too much bad blood between Axl and Scott for Axl to cover one of his songs. it's best to LET IT GO when it comes to combining GNR and Velvet Revolver.

I actually agree with this Annie...

If Axl still harbors ill will towards anything VR related... then best to leave it alone...

BUT to say don't do it because it's not a GNR song ...is a flawed argument.

How about a Conspirator song ? Anastasia would be amazing  peace

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:11 AM »

These people that think they can sign a petition and attempt to force GNR to meet their demands are laughable.

I'm going to start a petition against entitled "fans."

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »

Even if they put out a 50 songs setlists, people will ask them to play songs everybody knows they wont....VR songs, Snakepit Songs...Loaded songs...people just cant be satisfied.

I' m pretty happy with their current set...Estranged, Coma, Civil War, Dont Cry, DTJ....not some many years ago any of these songs would be played!! I remember people were desperate for Estranged and Civil War!!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2016, 12:01:59 PM »

I'm not down with petitions for any songs, but I can get into them doing Slither if it's something they all want to do.  But if they were inclined to do a VR song, I'd prefer Set Me Free.  Rather either of them than Seeker. 
Daniel
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2016, 12:41:19 PM »

i don't think they will play anything besides gn'r songs but would be interesting to hear Axl in this one

first post though

LA-hungarian-MF
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2016, 12:49:33 PM »

No need for petitions.  Clearly Axl considers what the fans want to hear, thus why we've seen Civil War, Don't Cry, Estranged and now Coma back in the set.  All of these have had an outpouring of fan requests online before they were added. 

I don't love Slither, so I'd rather see them play more UYI tracks.  Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, Breakdown would be my top 3  peace

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »

To add to this, I'm totally down with them playing 1 or 2 VR songs, but not on a consistent basis.

I'd trade anything from anyone's catalog for 1 time of "Don't Damn Me".

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: