Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:36:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Scott Weiland - solo thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Weiland - solo thread  (Read 132125 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #220 on: September 15, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND's Estranged Wife's Talks About Memoir - Sep. 15, 2009

Mary Forsberg Weiland ? mother, model, bipolar disorder survivor and recovering drug addict ? beautifully tells the story of her life and her longtime relationship with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/former VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland in her new book "Fall To Pieces: A Memoir Of Drugs, Rock 'N' Roll, And Mental Illness" ? written with Larkin Warren ? due out November 10 via William Morrow/HarperCollins Publishers.

In her memoir, Mary reveals the extreme highs and lows of her life with refreshing candor and unflinching detail. She offers a window into the world of modeling and rock 'n' roll, while at the same time providing deep insights into the drug and alcohol addictions that could have killed her, and her serious, recently diagnosed and misunderstood mental illness.

Mary explains her reason for writing this book and why she felt bipolar disorder was an important subject to address: "I reject the stigma that the words 'mental illness' carry and I'd love to be a part of the movement to eliminate it." She continues: "After my bipolar diagnosis, I read countless books on the subject. I had a difficult time connecting to them because my story often lacked the intense mania that so many people struggle with. I'm hoping that someone who may be wrestling with similar demons to mine can find even an ounce of hope in 'Fall To Pieces'."

Inspired by books from public figures documenting their own struggles ? including Brooke Shields' "Down Came The Rain", about a journey through postpartum depression, and Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking" ? Mary felt it was important to share her story, despite fears of how revealing her personal battles might affect her family. "Overall, I'm an honest and open person, so spilling my beans came quite easy, but memoirs and motherhood is a difficult marriage to broker," she says. "Keeping authenticity while trying to protect my children felt a lot like walking a tightrope. In the end, though, I was able to write about that challenge too, so the whole process felt like an honest entry in the so-called diary that became this book."

In "Fall To Pieces", Mary discusses:

* A childhood filled with depression, instability, early addictive tendencies, an overdose and a stint in juvenile hall.
* Meeting Scott Weiland, then an aspiring musician, for the first time at age 16 when he showed up to drive her to and from modeling gigs for $8 an hour.
* The Fourth of July party at Leonardo DiCaprio's house in Malibu, where the Weilands arrived in long-sleeved turtlenecks to hide needle tracks and scabs.
* Her frequent calls to JANE'S ADDICTION guitarist Dave Navarro, who somehow always seemed to know where Scott was.
* Scott's marriage proposal, which followed Mary's seventh rehab stay ? and the positive pregnancy test that came soon after.
* The "domestic battery charges" that weren't true but that got Scott back into rehab ? and the supportive phone call from Robert Downey, Jr. reassuring Mary that she'd done the right thing.
* The "Weiland Wardrobe Bonfire" three-day headline-making breakdown in Burbank, CA in 2007 that led to Mary's ultimate diagnosis of bipolar disorder, successful treatment, and a new life of health and hope for the future. Of the incident, she now says: "I unraveled. I don't know all the answers to what happened that day I just remember my true self watched helplessly as I fell into deep mania. Writing about it certainly helped me answer a few questions? but not all."

Advance praise for "Fall To Pieces":

"Mary Weiland's beautifully crafted memoir takes the reader through the journey that is so very common today, the slow drift into addiction and mental illness. 'Fall To Pieces' is perhaps the most vivid rendition of this experience I have ever come across. Honest, clear, and accurate, Mary takes us into the reality of a world that is idealized in the tabloids. I have always loved Mary and Scott Weiland, but never more than now." ? Dr. Drew Pinsky, host of "Loveline" and "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew", author of "The Mirror Effect" and "Cracked"

"Want to take a trip to the dark side and back? 'Fall to Pieces' is a brutally honest and compelling account of Mary Weiland's struggles with addiction and mental illness that will have you on the edge of your seat with every turn of the page. This is a cautionary story that offers hope and solution to these often seemingly hopeless conditions. Brave, bold and unfiltered, Mary's writing injects humor and levity in a way that is both entertaining and necessary, while keeping the focus on the extremely serious and life threatening behaviors that she confronts. Many people don't have the opportunity to come back and share their experiences, and I have no doubt that this important book will help save many lives." ? Dave Navarro

"Mary Weiland describes the depths of madness and addiction with surprising clarity. 'Fall To Pieces' is a wild, gripping story, told with intense emotional honesty." ? Terri Cheney, New York Times bestselling author of "Manic"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126989

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2009, 06:14:40 PM »

Softdrive Webisode #6

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiSDIN4jfMQ

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mgi68OHflU

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »

I'm not a big fan of Scott's but I certainly don't wish him ill.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/09/18/exclusive-scott-weiland-suffers-seizure-on-airplane/

Exclusive: Scott Weiland Suffers Seizure on Airplane
9/18/09, 7:45 pm EST

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland experienced a mild seizure on a commercial flight from Los Angeles on the way to Miami that resulted in the plane having to make an emergency landing at Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

See exclusive pics of Scott Weiland backstage and on-stage during his solo tour

A rep traveling with Weiland tells Rolling Stone exclusively that the airplane staff called for medical assistance over the loud speaker and had to administer oxygen to Weiland. Shortly after, Weiland had come to and was ?in good spirits? as was taken off the plane for the hospital.

Weiland was traveling with his Scott Weiland Band to Miami for a performance and the launch of his clothing line Weiland for English Laundry at the club Mansion. The rep said the singer has a history of seizures, but is now ?doing great? and expects to leave for Miami tomorrow and appear at the club as scheduled.

P.S.  Seems like RollingStone isn't the only one that has this "EXCLUSIVE"
http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/18/scott-weiland-suffers-seizure/

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2009, 09:56:47 AM »

I never knew he had a history of seizures-gosh, this guy is really playing with fire if he is still having substance problems

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »

From Doug Grean...

# Scott is fine everybody- don't worry.

about 9 hours ago from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2009, 09:30:21 PM »

Rocker Out Of Dallas Hospital Following Seizure

Sep 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Publicist Chris Detert was on the flight with Weiland, and says he left Dallas for an appearance in Miami Saturday morning after being checked out.

"He had a seizure on the plane; he has a history of seizures. He's fine now. He is getting on a flight at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. He will be here, he will be performing. He's in great spirits and good health."

http://cbs11tv.com/local/scott.weiland.emergency.2.1195233.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »

Some photos of Scott from the show in Miami last night:

Scott Weiland Launches His Clothing Line English Laundry Presented by 944, Hornitos, & Presidente at Mansion - day after he suffered a seizure on a plane

Mansion - Miami Beach - FL - September 20, 2009     Seth Browarnik   

http://www.startraksphoto.com/site/Gallery/Gallery.aspx?ev=366828F0138&ps=60&ix=0&ct=All&tm=3

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 05:14:17 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »

hey everyone, thanks for all your concern. i'm doing well and every thing's okay.

about 18 hours ago from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »

Trendsetter Media and Marketing just signed on to do a promotional campaign for Scott Weiland?s new video ?Tangle with your Mind? off his most recent solo album ?Happy in Galoshes?. Scott is most notebly known for his work in Grammy award winning, multi-platimum artist Stone Temple Pilots as well as Velvet Revolver. We have a huge premiere in the works - keep an eye out!

http://www.trendsettermarketing.net/home/2009/09/24/scott-weiland-tangle-with-your-mind/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »

Here is video of Mary Weiland discussing Scott and her new book...

Fall to Pieces: A Memoir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaquh52Yo0I

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »

Scott Weiland, 'Tangle With Your Mind' -- Video Premiere

Posted on Oct 9th 2009

Scott Weiland isn't the type of artist that you'd necessarily call "cute" but, sure enough, his new video for the track 'Tangle With Your Mind' is, well, cute. For his part, Weiland says that "arts and crafts-y" was actually the vibe he was going for.

"I had watched this movie called 'The Science of Sleep' about a year ago and I fell in love with the film," Weiland tells Spinner. "I thought it was such a cool and interesting approach and I wanted to use that in a video sometime."

Simultaneously, Weiland had the idea that he wanted to reach out to film students and see if he could give someone a big break. Like, a really big break. So when relative newcomer Dennis Roberts came up with a treatment that was surprisingly close to what Weiland had already envisioned, he got the go ahead. "I was really impressed," says Weiland. "I've worked with huge video directors and [Roberts] and his crew were just as professional as anyone I've ever worked with." Perhaps that's because it wasn't actually Roberts' first rodeo - he's directed videos for artists such as Beck and Simian before this.

Nonetheless, Weiland says that 'Tangle with Your Mind' was a "really fun video to make." We're happy to report that it's also a fun one to watch.

Video here: http://www.spinner.com/2009/10/09/scott-weiland-tangle-with-your-mind-video-premiere/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »

A message from Scott Weiland from the STP tour...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6oV4QJDR64

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »

Scott Weiland on the making of "Tangle With Your Mind" video pt. 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Vd5ON2D8Q&feature=player_profilepage

Pt. 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJRy4uvlSM&feature=player_profilepage

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #233 on: October 25, 2009, 12:27:42 PM »

Scott Weiland and wife's heroin fireworks

Last Updated: 4:12 AM, October 24, 2009

Mary Forsberg Weiland and her husband, Stone Temples Pilot frontman Scott Weiland, were so addicted to heroin they showed up to a Fourth of July party at the Malibu home of Leonardo DiCaprio wearing long sleeves -- just to hide the track marks.

So writes the former model -- now drug-free -- in her new memoir, "Fall to Pieces: A Memoir of Drugs, Rock 'n' Roll, and Mental Illness." Weiland, who wrote the book with former Esquire editor Larkin Warren, first met the rocker when he was hired by her agency to ferry her to and from modeling gigs for $8 an hour. The couple, now separated, had a tumultuous relationship:

* On setting fire to Scott's designer clothes after an argument in March of 2007 -- which led to Mary's diagnosis of bipolar disorder: "The bonfire was huge and very pretty. Everything went up in smoke quickly, except the shoe leather; the Guccis took the longest," she writes. "The news reports said I'd torched $10,000 worth of Scott's clothes, which was wrong by a factor of eight. He was somewhat insulted at their estimate: 'Eighty thousand dollars, Mary,' he said later."

* On doing heroin with Scott: "Scott would bring me a framed Neil Zlozower photograph of Keith Richards; I'd lay out the goods right on top of Keith."

* On attending a party at the Playboy Mansion with Scott: "I had no clue till much later that Scott's time in the bathroom was spent with a crack pipe in his mouth."

* On being asked out by Pauly Shore when she was a 16-year-old model: "I managed to get so drunk at the Roxbury that when Pauly suggested it was time to call it a night, I couldn't tell him where I lived. Did not have a purse; did not have any money . . . Mr. Shore then proved himself to be a complete gentleman (I think this may come as a shock to some people). He took me to his house, settled me into a room by myself, set the clock, and made me take an aspirin and drink a lot of water."

The book goes on sale Nov. 10.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/scott_weiland_and_wife_heroin_fireworks_H1DtYCxNJd81nEUJCGtMzH

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »

From Doug Grean...

Making notes and compiling options for Weiland Solo band live record.

about 20 hours ago from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »

From Doug Grean...

Finished mixing the new Scott Weiland Christmas single today. Sending mix to mastering right this minute.   

about 4 hours ago   from web   

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:05 PM »

Apparently Scott Weiland's Christmas single ""Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" (from Leno) will be release via iTunes next Tuesday.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2009, 09:59:19 PM »

^^ The song is now available on iTunes.

Scott Weiland, 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' - New Song

Dec 3rd 2009

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/12/03/scott-weiland-have-yourself-a-merry-little-christmas/

>From the Leno performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ickCeT7tTJ8

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2009, 07:53:02 PM »

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9729

Scott Weiland Auctions Off Personal Items
by Paul Cashmere - December 8 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland will auction off many of his personal items to raise money for the ArchAngel Organisation.

Weiland formed ArchAngel after his brother Michael died in 2007 after a long battle with drug addiction.

"The overall idea is to grow this into something more, while still helping my brother's family, and to also reach out and help families who are or have recently been through the same painful and seemingly hopeless situation,? Scott said in a statement. ?For now however, this is what we can and what we are able to do. Have fun with it and know that 100% of the profits are going to help my sister-in-law and my nieces Sophie and Claudette."

Items for auction include designer suits and denim, a guitar signed by Stone Temple Pilots and what Scott calls ?some crud?.

All proceeds will go to Michael?s widow and two children.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: The FANGORIA interview with MARY FORSBERG WEILAND

http://www.fangoria.com/musick/interviews/4742-exclusive-the-fangoria-interview-with-mary-forsberg-weiland-.html

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: