Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:45:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 6455 times)
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 01:41:14 PM »

No.

Hopefully one day though we see all the backstage footage they filmed during the UYI tour.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 02:15:50 PM »

the band that time forgot"

..was one shitty book.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Axlzroxchic
Opening Act

"I Think About You"......

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 06:31:15 PM »

I think it would be a very cool read,but I just don't see it happening.

I'll agree with that!?

Id have to agree...  Huh unfortunately, cause id love to see it...  peace

"This Melody Inside of Me, Still Searches For Solution"
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »

I personally think he SHOULD do an autobiography, not just the set some records straight, but so he gives us an insight on how he became what he became, on how felt all these years through the thicks and the thins, and also, financially speaking, because it would sell very well and give Axl some money he could use on various things.

Should he write it himself or with a trustee, and manage to publish it himself or negociate it tightly, he could get up to 6/10 dollars per book sold 25 dollars...

Should it sell worldwide, it would mean a lot of pesetas my friend..Lots more years working on CD in utter tranquility...no ?

Nothing to say
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 07:59:19 PM »

I don't see it happening DURING his musical career...  But after it's all done, I could see it happening.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »

i don't see Axl releasing a biog of his own any time soon.
I do however think that Del James might spring up a surprise or two in the near future when it comes to some official gnr endorsed material. That guy has been patiently sitting and probably writing all this time, i would be very interested in reading some of that.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 12:06:05 PM »

Kind of like that blog he (Del James) was going to maintain for the GNR web site. You know the one where he wrote something and then it got taken down the next day. There's not going to be an autobiography, people,

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »

I once read Axl was proposed to write his own bio and that he considered the idea but I don?t know if it?s true or not. Anyways, I think he?s still too young to write his biography.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

I think Axl's autobiography would involve lots of unfair bashing on Slash and Duff, but hey, I'd give it a read any day of the week.

Axl has always seemed to have his own personal spin on what is truth and what is not, so I think it would be interesting to see things from his point of view.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 10:12:15 AM »

I once read Axl was proposed to write his own bio and that he considered the idea but I don?t know if it?s true or not. Anyways, I think he?s still too young to write his biography.
I remember it was for Rolling Stone, and I believe that he wrote a 10,000 word what ever you want to call it, and on the day is was due to be, I believe Doug G. or whoever was managing at the time, called it off.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »

remains me of a line from IRS.... hihi but unfortunately that's not just this thread.

I think Axl's autobiography would involve lots of unfair bashing on Slash and Duff, but hey, I'd give it a read any day of the week.

Axl has always seemed to have his own personal spin on what is truth and what is not, so I think it would be interesting to see things from his point of view.

everyone seems to have it.
like you've decided what's unfair unfairly.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:12:19 PM by ppbebe » Logged
EstrangedReality
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »

I don't think he'd ever release it. I think we'll probably get diary releases and everything way later on down the road, as in after he has already passed away (whenever that may be, hopefully not for a very long time!). Kind of as happened with Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, et al... I'm sure after Axl has passed on and it's been a while, Universal/Geffen will go apeshit in releasing all types of stuff - unreleased recordings, especially. I've always assumed we'll get some mega box set with CD sessions forty years from now, as like the Beatles Anthology box sets.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »

the band that time forgot"

..was one shitty book.

I never read it. I'm glad I didn't from what people say about it.

As far as Axl goes, I don't see him doing a biography of any sort. It'll take alot of the mystery out of him I think.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »

Could be a good read. The first 8 to 10 chapters could cover childhood through the Spaghetti Incident, while chapters 10-36 could cover the attrition of the old band, formation of the new band, concerts, tours and all the stuff we haven't seen covering the area from like 1995-2008, and chapter 37 could be the chapter where Axl kills Lord Voldermort and finds out Dumbledore is gay.  ok

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 05:31:51 AM »

Well he's nearly 46, and if it takes him a year to do, then he'll be over 47 by the time it's released, and not to mention that Slash is a few years younger than Axl, yet he still wrote a decent autobiography

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 06:15:25 AM »

I don't see it happening DURING his musical career...? But after it's all done, I could see it happening.

I don't see him ending his musical career!  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: